WWS Help Requested

Hello,

I figured I would throw out this WWS to see the errors people were able to find. I'm looking at tightening up quite a bit over the next 2 or 3 weeks and seeing what we can do. I feel like we've gotten a little lazy with current content being so easy, but I don't like that it's effecting our rotations and DPS so much.

I'd love to hear thoughts on best specs, rotations, and major errors that we're having.

http://wowwebstats.com/kaskvib2xxmlo?s=107250-141763

A few notes:

Insanearrows is an alt, so im not worried about him. Johandres main spec is Holy, he was just coming in as Ret, so im not worried about him. Deatheyes and Sin are both new recruits that I was a bit shocked by, so let's try and help them so we can get them raiding.

I'm very interested in seeing your opinions, and don't be afraid to be harsh. I'd rather not have to sort through 30 posts simply saying we suck, but if you have reasons why we suck and a potential solution, im all for it. Thanks and happy hunting.

Re: WWS Help Requested

Since I am a mage, I will only comment on your mage - Vuduclown.

His gear itself is good. But it is clear he has no idea how to gem it. The 16 crit gems are completely worthless in comparison to spell power. He seems to have been gemming for socket bonuses, when he would get far more benefit out of just going for straight spell power.

His spell power itself is fairly low for his gear level, as is his haste. His crit is far higher then it needs to be, especially with molten armor.

As for his spec, it is slightly off. Since Shatter does not increase FFB damage on bosses, it is something of a worthless talent for him. I would take those points and put them in flame throwing, since some fights are much easier with a longer range on scorch/lvb. Aside from that, his spec is fine.

As for his actual rotation - He is not keeping up LvB enough. He should have used it at LEAST 10 more times then he did on that fight. LvB should be a priority during any boss fight, unless you are mid-cast (which should only create a few seconds of delay). I also notice that he fireblasted 6 times. That number should be 0. Fireblast is a waste of a GCD on the patchwerk fight - he should never be moving.

Tips for the future - Get a bit more hit rating and go the FB/Ttw spec. It requires 13% hit rating (assuming a boomkin/spriest), and about the same crit requirements of FFB. Aside from that, keep hunting those BiS items, especially a turning tide.

As far as the DK, the spec looks to be OK but looking at the data he is missing a lot so maybe using a +hit food would help there. Missing 6.3% potential 6k+ Oblit crits is not a good thing.

Speaking of Oblit. Only 5 during the fight? Perhaps he needs to watch rune cooldowns better.
    With Death runes up there should be a lot more Obliterate going on. Watch for procs of the Sigil then spam Oblits.
    DeathCoil when Sudden Doom procs. Looks also like Plague Strike was only used once.
    Not sure if he's letting Blood Plague drop from the target, but diseases should both be up at all times.

Perhaps a proc alert like Power Auras could help him.
    He's also using Death Strike which unless he needed the healing should be replaced with Obliterate as well.

He's got a lot of haste GEMS in addition to gear and a trinket with a haste proc. From elitist jerks:
    -It cannot be emphasized enough: haste on gear is FAIL.
    Those gem slots would probably be better off as Str or Hit if he can't get capped otherwise.

Doesn't make sense that he only (swing) hit the mob 35 times in a 3.3 minute fight. Thats like one white hit per 5.7 seconds which doesn't make sense on Patchwerk.
    What was he doing during all that time?

your ele shammy has WAY too much hit on his gear, for a draenei the hit cap is around 265, or close, and he is at 341. That is all wasted since you have a moonkin in the raid. Most of his gems should be replaced with +19 spell power unless the socket bonus is really worthwhile

Thank you for the help, keep it coming. I'll make sure to pass this thread along to anyone mentioned in it.

I'll be commenting on the dps warrior Sin.

His gear and spec looks allright, perhaps a few things could be shifted around, but nothing major.

But when it comes to his actual playing, I don't know what hes doing. Basically he should be hitting Whirlwind and Bloodthirst whenever they are availible, with WW being a priority. During the PW fight he used BT 12 times and WW 18 times, far too little for a ~200 second fight.

Slam should be used when Bloodsurge procs (making slam an instant cast), but not taking priority over BT or WW. Sin used Slam more times than Bloodsurge actually proced, meaning having the 1.5s cast some of the times. This is wrong.

He used Heroic strike once. HS should be used as long as your rage pool permits, making sure rage is availible for BT's and WW's.

Generally he seems to have his priorities confused, simplified this should be:
    Whirlwind > Bloodthirst > Slam (only on Bloodsurge procs)
    with Heroic Strike all the time as long as you have enough rage to not having to skip your primary attacks.

An addon for displaying bloodsurge procs could probably help.