Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resto Revitalize

Yeah I've been playing with this talent on the ptr,
    Reckon it's worth picking up if you consider getting an OoC proc; wild growthing your group and having a chance to gain some mana back for nothing seems pretty nice, even your other healers will agree =P. I guess even if you don't get an OoC proc it's still something extra that your raid will like. Though the chance to proc might not be that high, think about how many proc's will occur in one fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Someone on EU forums posted a log of his WWS where he literally spammed Reju throughout the entire run. The results were ridiculously low, there were 5 out of 14 mana users where the total replenished mana hit a 4-digit value i.e. 1k+ peaking at 3.1k as comparison Replenishment as separate effect peaked at over 100k+. If you compute the average and divide it by the approx. length of a run then it's not hard to determine the overall mp5 contribution, now I realize that you can't factor it in like that because Revitalize depends on Rejuv/WG casts whereas Replenish is a passive side effect of a damage ability regularly being used in a rotation and it does give back more than mana.

But even then you could still put these three points elsewhere and most likely gain a worthwhile addition now and then without anyone feeling a loss. With WG being "normalized" to roughly return the same like a single Reju cast it is not hard to determine size of the recent improvement: Almost 0%. I also have a strong feeling that they are and never will be balancing content around the presence of Revitalize effects, so while it would be random minor addition it would also be bound to be almost meaningless in the long term making it one of the most easy to be dismissed talents in the game sort of like the first version of Moonkin aura was.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Btw

Having a druid in your 25 man spam wild growth/rejuv on rogues/warriors in your party = uberawesome dps!!?!?!?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account

A rogue might notice it but only barely, a warrior most likely not. I wouldn't call this awesome.
    The overall effect is too negligible to make any difference and if it would then people would be forced to spec into it. They are better off adding a good secondary self-only effect to that talent in order to sugarcoat its deficiencies.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

It is a fairly garbage talent. Always has been. Blizz stated it was bad and they knew it but slapping WG onto it and giving it a 3% chance (per person) to equal 15% total did not really improve it much.

1% mana return is also pretty trivial.

The pre-nerf (back in beta I think it was) was actually useful, 8 rage, 10 energy, 20 runic power, 2% mana. Even at these numbers it is much less powerful than replenish effects.

I still think most druids will not take this talent.

Evermorph *