Hot streak and the T8 set bonus?

2 crits = 1 guaranteed crit

1 free guarantee crit + the also guaranteed Crit = 2 Crits = Hotstreak?

Is this going to start 5+ chain crits (2 in a row, 2 hotstreaks buff crits (causing another hotstreak), and one final crit assuming that one consumes the buff)?
    1. You're reading my comment
    2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
    4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my comment.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hot streak and the T8 set bonus?

You seem to be thinking 1. Pyros can contribute to hot streak 2. Somehow they're guaranteed to crit.

Both are incorrect.

Pyros can't contribute to Hot Streak (read the tooltip) and Hot Streak is simply a free Pyro, not a guaranteed crit.

Also, this is also adding more RNG to an already RNG drowned spec. Not only do fire/FFB have to get chain crit RNG, now they also have to get 4pct8 RNG to get huge dps numbers on fights.

With the amount of RNG flying around, we might as well just roll arcane and hope for back to back Mbarr procs. 8)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/Fierypowah/GSfail.jpg

GS has ruined the game.

back to back MBAM is bad, AM isnt worth casting unless you have a 3stack of the AB buff, otherwise its terrible dpm

the RNG of fire and frostfire will be completely ridiculous, The range of dps for a mage will be enormous. Some fight you won't push more than the other dps (and probably lower) and other fight the tanks will chain taunt while the paladin spam HoSalv on you.

Raiding won't be boring anymore, now we have 3 things that will affect our dps, Gear, Skill and RNG, all 3 equals to each other. and the pain it will be if you have some short dps race and all of the raid cross their figure that the mage will get good RNG. ( we have 5 mages in our 25 man, diversity FTW).

Quote Originally Posted by rixa
    back to back MBAM is bad, AM isnt worth casting unless you have a 3stack of the AB buff, otherwise its terrible dpm
    But the proc will guarantee that by the time your finished casting your next 3 arcane blasts that you can use MBAM!

ok.. i will ask the noob question... what is RNG?

Brudish

Ive wondered that myself for a bit now, but due to the context ive seen it in I am now assuming it means Random Number Generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Brudish
    it means Random Number Generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mica
    But the proc will guarantee that by the time your finished casting your next 3 arcane blasts that you can use MBAM!
    Ah, but lets say since this is a RNG matter that the 4pc bonus makes 3 time consecutive proc? That means in Arcane perspective that they still need to do a full AB rotation and then MBAM, on about 600 haste its still a good ~6 sec that goes for the ABs. When it comes to FFB or TtW/FB they can chaincast Pyroblast that should be on about a 40-50% critchance in a 25man raid. Not saying at all that the 4pc set bonus is bad for any spec, its awesome and i can only suspect a nerf if its a fairly high chance of it proccing, but it is indeed not as good for arcane unless they get to keep the full AB debuff aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by rixa
    Not if you concider teh whole rotation. Casting AM as son as you proc Missile Barrage instead of casting 3AB first saves you shitloads of mana. It's a slight DPS loss but muchmore mana effective.

But if you only take that specific spell in consideration, it does less damage but cost thesame yes. But stacking 3 debuffs isnt free rom mana.