Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: WTF Are They Thinking With Exorcism??

It's stuff like this that makes we wonder what the hell blizzard is thinking.. I mean it's possible they're short on time and yes they're only human and they miss things.. but if that's the case they can chip in some of their billions to hire a few more devs or professional testers (which god knows we need cause the PTR isn't exactly the best place for testing all of the time).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    like I said 8k is EASILY obtainable if you are using Seal of Blood/Martyr and in full PVE gear with most BiS items.
    how long will you survive with 18k hp and with martyr killing you?
    We use SoC in pvp...

Exorcism being castable on all targets is a PvE fix with rather nasty PvP implications. I thought that altering it to function like Flame Shock (50% damage up front, 50% as a dot) would be a better way to deal with the PvP issues whilst still providing the required DPS.

It's unlikely that the burst is what will get it nerfed though. Auto-critting Warlock pets from 30 yards is far more likely to cause problems.

P.S. Some of the top PvP Ret Paladins, including Nick The Hammer, don't even bother to pick up SoC. SotM, especially it's judgement component, is just that much better.

EDIT: Forgot the name of Flame Shock

MY biggest problem with the change to exorcism is the fact that if it works on ALL mobs... it's no longer an exorcism! What the shit are we exorcising from a crocolisk, for example?! A tumor? Its heart?

An exorcism is for demons and undead because that's what an exorcism is for, it's not a beatstick, it's an exorcism!

I know, mby they could add a target debuff to it?

Increasing holy damage taken by 10% stacking 5 times, and reduce all damage done by retribution paladins by 10% to reflect this change.

Then you have this one in your rotation aswel, they would ofc have to lower the mana cost and dmg it does, but, when you have 5 stacks of this, it does 50% more dmg then the first one did, and then it could do the same dmg as it does now.
    That way it won't be as bursty, and alot other abilities would get their dmg boosted overtime, and that way ret paladins do more competetive dps.

It would be lovely for disc priests to have this aswel, then they could dps. Penance ftw :P hehe.
    Judgements would do 50% more dmg in longer fights.

Blizzard fullfill their promisses, yes they do!
    It just takes them one and a half expansion. So expect this to happen in a near future, somewhere around expansion 5.

well an exorcism is anything that removes a potential 'evilness' from the host, which could also include beating the 'potential evilness' out of the host, say with a damaging spell. . called exorcism.

they want us to do less burst more sustained. ok.......

BUT THEY TOOK AWAY 10% FROM RV!!!!!! IS THAT NOT SUSTAINED DPS, AND NOT BURST WHAT SO EVER....

/FACEROLL

to the ground le sigh. every expansion midway through.
    Angrychaír - 80 Ret Pally
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Angrycha%C3%ADr
    Retribution: working as intended.

And from a pvp point of view, paladins will have mana issues if they use Exorsism, sure it does dmg, but it's same as mages not doing Arcane Explotion in favor of other abilities on single target

With the change to Spiritual Attunament, you will go oom running around spamming all abilties and healing yourself when you can.

On a single target boss as it's now, it's not worth it to use Exorsism, it cost all to much mana for the dmg / target.

In AoE it will be awsum, but that's about it, sure you can use it to finich somone of that's running away from you, druids/shamans, beast form and dash :P

But that you can also use Hammer of Wrath for, think of this as an extra "Execute", it cost a hudge amount of mana for some extra dmg.

In begin of 3.1 we gona c alot of paladins use this one just because they can :P later on, they proly won't since they find themself out of mana in no time, kinda sux if your oom when trying to finich that guy and having to run away and drink or wait for devine plea in order to kill him/her.

Blizzard fullfill their promisses, yes they do!
    It just takes them one and a half expansion. So expect this to happen in a near future, somewhere around expansion 5.

15+ Year Old Account

*adding excorsism to my /cast CS /cast DS /cast judgement /cast hammer of justice /cast hammer of wrath macro*

*puts the shit over the whole keyboard and goes to get a hammer*

*runing around in BG using mouse while beating the crap outa my keyboard*

i would be facerolling but it's 2 hard to control my char then

now to topic!

i dont see why they add this, adding the old Holy strike (from beta).
    adds aditional damage on next melee would be a gap filler for paladins when all ur spells seems to be on an endless CD.
    this wouldnt stack with seal of blood and casting another attack woudnt cause it to be dispelled.

making it more powerfull than blood is fair since it's a click ability and it costs mana per hit, and blood/martyr would stil be powerfull for trigering at CS and DS.

let the excorsism spell be and excorsism, u dont use excorsism on the other faction's paladins or priests. thats plain stupid.... banish demons from a paladin/priest... hah, where did those come from?
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlvash
    well an exorcism is anything that removes a potential 'evilness' from the host, which could also include beating the 'potential evilness' out of the host, say with a damaging spell. . called exorcism.
    But animals are just animals, why can we perform an exorcism on random beasts with this change? Or, for example, a human alliance player in PvP? It just seems silly, because not only is Blizz knee-jerk altering a mechanic, they aren't even bothering to do it with a marginal amount of logic. Would it not make more sense to simply introduce a new spell that is less powerful than exorcism, but can work on anything, shares its cooldown, while keeping exorcism how it is?
    Paladins deal holy damage and should through common sense be capable of dealing extra damage to anything that is unholy or evil, just from a lore standpoint, right? Maybe I'm just being anal here :P

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    But animals are just animals, why can we perform an exorcism on random beasts with this change? Or, for example, a human alliance player in PvP? It just seems silly, because not only is Blizz knee-jerk altering a mechanic, they aren't even bothering to do it with a marginal amount of logic. Would it not make more sense to simply introduce a new spell that is less powerful than exorcism, but can work on anything, shares its cooldown, while keeping exorcism how it is?
    Paladins deal holy damage and should through common sense be capable of dealing extra damage to anything that is unholy or evil, just from a lore standpoint, right? Maybe I'm just being anal here :P
    Explain this about Murder for Rogues or even Sap, it's just a balance issue.

But I will say the LAWFUL term of murder is killing another human being, but the verb murder is to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously.

new name ideas?
    holy shock plus 10, holy shock on roids, rets now need more int, so much for my health potion and of course wait... so it crits on undead but theres no undead in ulduar what the hell is the point?
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

MY biggest problem with the change to exorcism is the fact that if it works on ALL mobs... it's no longer an exorcism! What the shit are we exorcising from a crocolisk, for example?! A tumor? Its heart?
    You seem to have some funky definition of an exorcism. Not to sound like an internet ho, but as dictionary.com puts it:
    "To expel (an evil spirit) by or as if by incantation, command, or prayer; to free (a person, place, etc.) of evil spirits or malignant influences." You don't 'expel a physical object', that's just gutting it.

You're exorcising the evil spirits within the creatures. Look it up on the WoW Wiki - crocolisks, by their very nature, are gentle and loving creatures that only ate herbs and reeds and didn't become carnivores until they were made impure by the dark forces of the... oh hell, who am I kidding.

The point is, if the creature is vindictive enough to want to devour your body (a crocolisk), maim you for sport (a dueler), or take your head and put it on a pike (a member of the opposite faction), then it is evil, and it should have that evil cleansed through the power of Paladin Exorcism!

An exorcism is for demons and undead because that's what an exorcism is for, it's not a beatstick, it's an exorcism!
    AND UNDEAD shouldnt be able to spec holy
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

It's also on a relatively long cooldown, which means it doesn't affect our DPS much, but offers great burst.

I'd rather see it turned into a DoT. Instead of the current 3-4k pops, 3-4k over 15 seconds, same damage, but does not give us MORE burst in PvP.

DoTs are a luxury Paladins have been without for too long, and I for one revel in the idea of lighting a match under an enemy and watching them smolder in holy fire.

15+ Year Old Account

problems is, in pvp the dot will be easily dispelled.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

OK, so Undead, Demon, or Humanoid.

Still fits.

And technically an exorcism is removing a bad spirit or demon possesion of a person.

Fully agree... I wondered when someone was gonna come up with this

Here's what I thought -
    - Make Holy Shock baseline, remove the healing component, and make it do as much damage as Exorcism
    - Remove Exorcism from the game
    - Change the Holy Shock talent in Holy tree to add the +healing component

Quote Originally Posted by wegotoeleven
    Fully agree... I wondered when someone was gonna come up with this

Here's what I thought -
    - Make Holy Shock baseline, remove the healing component, and make it do as much damage as Exorcism
    - Remove Exorcism from the game
    - Change the Holy Shock talent in Holy tree to add the +healing component
    too much work probably
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Would you mind changing that signature? I really doubt nobody cares, and if they did you can just put a link to your armory and they can look through your achievements.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.