Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyone other Prot Paladins just pissed?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ladin_tank.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...rrior_tank.jpg

- Warriors get 2 items that give avoidance and BV, we get 1 (which is less bc theirs is chest/legs and ours is gloves).

- And those set bonuses, I moderately understand what they do, but someone please tell me they are not as bad ass as what they sound.

Preliminary Thoughts:

2PC needs to be Seals and Judgements

4PC needs to be clearer, or something. Like maybe make it 200BV for 10 seconds, or make it your Holy Shield Increases it for 5-10seoncds.

Also the Paladin Shoulders need not be Dodge/Block Rating to me that is a warrior stat because they have critical block but no Holy Shield. It needs to be Dodge Block Value to mirror maybe how the warrior tier 8 stats are distributed and broken down.

And do not get me started on all the red sockets, but if I could see the above changes made I can live with them because warriors had to in Tier 7.

ALso I guess it is time to pick up JC, and BS.

Re: Anyone other Prot Paladins just pissed?

It doesn't really bother me, what really bothers me is the damn skirt we're going to wear.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by adrei
    It doesn't really bother me, what really bothers me is the damn skirt we're going to wear.
    No, no. It's the fact the set with the best colours is the lesser T8 and not the T8.5. Swap them round!

C
    x

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    No, no. It's the fact the set with the best colours is the lesser T8 and not the T8.5. Swap them round!

C
    x
    I would agree with that, and the same for Tier 7 it looked cooler as the 10man. imo.

But the best looking is the 10man tier 8.

I hope tier 9 pulls out the stops and its where nearly everything is kick ass.

strange that blizzard wont give protpaladin more BV when we are the tanks that easy will end up whit 70% block (if we want to). When we reach those % of block we need much more BV or otherwise we will take much more dmg than any outer tank

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    strange that blizzard wont give protpaladin more BV when we are the tanks that easy will end up whit 70% block (if we want to). When we reach those % of block we need much more BV or otherwise we will take much more dmg than any outer tank

Well, IMO since we got holy shield up 100% of the time and if they give us more BV it would probably make us superior tanks since we can mitigate a lot of damage.

I'm still sad that they give us a skirt as tanks, give them to the healers or ret paladins

Quote Originally Posted by adrei

Well, IMO since we got holy shield up 100% of the time and if they give us more BV it would probably make us superior tanks since we can mitigate a lot of damage.

I'm still sad that they give us a skirt as tanks, give them to the healers or ret paladins
    No point in having 100%, the other %'s come from Dodge/Parry which do more than block. Block lowers damage where as a dodge/parry makes you recieve none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Just take non tier tanking items =D

Problem soved.
    No worrying about the Bonus from sets, which suck + Better avoidence stats :P
    + We end up like a warrior <3
    Warr. sets > Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    No point in having 100%, the other %'s come from Dodge/Parry which do more than block. Block lowers damage where as a dodge/parry makes you recieve none.
    I dont know about you, but in my tanking gear/spec I have much more Block% than Parry and Dodge%, that may be why

Quote Originally Posted by Cadras
    I dont know about you, but in my tanking gear/spec I have much more Block% than Parry and Dodge%, that may be why
    Why stack upon block when with Holy shield + redoubt you get 60% block =\

typical bliz answers
    you can heal?
    you don't need it

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    2PC needs to be Seals and Judgements
    i nearly know nothing about pala-tanking but hey look:
    "Warrior T8 Protection 2P Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Devastate ability by 10%." .... - jeha...

Most bosses we down have a max of 2 sunder armor on it because the rage/global cooldown is better used on other ablities...

gogo for oldschool T2. best looking pala set (so far) imo ^^

look @warrior set we dress in wood... (hated Zul'Aman set for beeing made out of wood...) if i ever manage to sit down in that i´ll look like a chair... a cool throne like chair BUT STILL !!! ^^

as for your stats: i don´t know much about pala tanks... so... shame on you blizz for gining them pala friends crappy stats !!!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadras

You can go ahead and armory me, I have about 12% block without holy shield.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I am going to take this mentality:

I will take any gear that is Def, Dodge/Parry, Block Value. (Like the gloves we get, and the chest/legs warriors get)

Then, in combination, shoot for roughly 45% avoidance through dodge/parry, and look through all the Ulduar gear and take the 4 or 5 pieces of gear with the highest individual block value, and then go Def, Dodge, Parry; OR Def, Dodge/parry Hit/Exprt.

Seems like the best way to do it.

So far I am looking those Scorched Saronite Boots, the ones that are Def, Dodge, Hit.

Also I think I will be Keeping Seal of Vengeance because the way it is looking to stay competitive with threat, and mitigation we cant waste item slots on Hit/Expert Gear.

I say we just all take full advantage of not needing that expertise, get to the Soft cap, shoot for 6 or 7% Hit, and Dumb Everything else into Dodge, Parry, and BV.

It may be sloppy, but in light of all the new stuff coming it seems like the best rationale that I can come up with

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9704

that is gonna be my new build "outline" of my build with all things remaining the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisusira
    Honestly, none of that is as bad as the libram. I'm still waiting on a prot libram that makes everyone go OH BOY!
    I cant believe my Eyes Invisusira
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

stats are ok except for the shoulder part

Tank = stam + avoidance

Stop thinking that we need "block". Because we have holy shield and redoubt doesn't mean that we are "block tank" unless you want to tank only trash for the rest of your life

in fact du to HS and redoubt we need far less block rating than a warrior. block value can be a good stat but dont trade it at the expense of too much pure avoidance

T8 stats are overall good

bonuses are quite crap

I said

HUGH !

Honestly, none of that is as bad as the libram. I'm still waiting on a prot libram that makes everyone go OH BOY!

/Agreed, I'm going to be rocking the same BV libram.

Libram of godlike power : Every time you use holy shield you irradiate such light that every single player in a 1000yards area kneels upon you and tell how godlike you are

no? ....

15+ Year Old Account

Would be cool to see a spell reflect libram that proc'd with holy shield
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    I cant believe my Eyes Invisusira
    oh hai

Quote Originally Posted by Cema
    Libram of godlike power : Every time you use holy shield you irradiate such light that every single player in a 1000yards area kneels upon you and tell how godlike you are

no? ....
    You don't already have that built in?