Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Black Ice is kind of meh, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tvveeder
    My two cents this will be awesome for a 0/51/19+1 DW spec. Mainly for necrosis but the other thing (I tried it out and it's not bad) is to do a 10/10/51 spec. I know it drops a couple of nice UH talents, but the 10% buff to SS, DC, DnD, and UB isn't bad at all. It's probably not the best of specs but it does make a difference.
    uh wouldn't someone with 51 points in frost want to use frost strike (especially since the buffs to frost strike damage are meant to make up for some of the curb stomping frost took)?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruruu
    uh wouldn't someone with 51 points in frost want to use frost strike (especially since the buffs to frost strike damage are meant to make up for some of the curb stomping frost took)?
    There's nothing in his post that implies he wouldn't be using FS in the deep frost DW build. Though, I suppose it is possible that DC could end up a better RP dump for DW still, not being weapon dependent.

Combined with the nerfs IT took, DW IT/HB spam is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by NeuronRider
    There's nothing in his post that implies he wouldn't be using FS in the deep frost DW build. Though, I suppose it is possible that DC could end up a better RP dump for DW still, not being weapon dependent.
    I wasn't implying using DC as deep frost (that is a HUGE no no)...

I was implying that having the haste with necrosis and 10% shadow buff was pretty nice. So that's what I was saying. What I was implying was with the 10/10/51 build (being deep unholy with black ice) DC, SS, UB, and DnD would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    they seem to be hacking away at low tier frost because in in particular seems to always be involved when the bastardized hybrid specs like 6X icy touch or 32/39 show up, which i understand. but i wont pretend the part of my 2hand deap frost build that has been nerfed twice because of this isnt getting a little irratable at the whole thing
    And the problem is, in trying to nerf 6x IT spam from a 32/39, and giving 10% shadow damage to "compensate", they actually rebuffed 32/39(DC and Necrosis both get boosted from it, and iwth the new glyph and sigil for DC, AND 2p set effect for T8, is quite possibly true), and left frost nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt
    And the problem is, in trying to nerf 6x IT spam from a 32/39, and giving 10% shadow damage to "compensate", they actually rebuffed 32/39(DC and Necrosis both get boosted from it, and iwth the new glyph and sigil for DC, AND 2p set effect for T8, is quite possibly true), and left frost nerfed.
    32/39 no longer has any kind of actual attack now, both howling blast and summon gargoyle are out of range now, and IT as of the latest build, the only nuke left to them that didnt involve weapon damage, other then DC. the new DW build is 0/51/20 or something pretty close, because it at least needs howling blast. all that white and auto attack based damage is great, and the extra stats is nice, but you have to have SOMETHING that you can do that doesnt base itself off melee damage. and blizz didn't want to kill DW, just the odd builds that were basing themselves off some kind of weird unforeseen synergy
    all hail king frost strike

32/39 no longer has any kind of actual attack now, both howling blast and summon gargoyle are out of range now, and IT as of the latest build, the only nuke left to them that didnt involve weapon damage, other then DC. the new DW build is 0/51/20 or something pretty close, because it at least needs howling blast. all that white and auto attack based damage is great, and the extra stats is nice, but you have to have SOMETHING that you can do that doesnt base itself off melee damage. and blizz didn't want to kill DC, just the odd builds that were basing themselves off some kind of weird unforeseen synergy
    Unholy Blight :-X

Hmm nope youre right, its dead XD
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    Wouldn't 10% more dmg, be more than 10% more threat? Due to the modifier ofc.
    No. If a frost ability does x threat without black ice, it will do 1.1x with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    No. If a frost ability does x threat without black ice, it will do 1.1x with it.
    DW with this

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9704

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima22689
    Er, you skip impurity. Build over.

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare
    Unholy Blight :-X

Hmm nope youre right, its dead XD
    yes i should of phrased that to main attack that isnt barely worth casting, heh.

interestingly, i note in my post i started to mention the IT nerf, and then kind of wandered off mid sentence. think i am gonna leave it as is though, looks funny that way

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Er, you skip impurity. Build over.

Whoops, my bad, wrong one.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9704

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol
    I know Deep Frost will take it, but it's still really lackluster.
    Frost gained 10% damage on Glacier Rot to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Frost gained 10% damage on Glacier Rot to compensate.
    technically the glacier rot change was to accommodate the first 10% off back ice, the change to help compensate for the second part is Tstalker going to 15%

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima22689
    That's the exact same build?

Anyway, other than the lack of impurity (drop desecration for it) it's actually not bad.

I'm unconvinced about black ice for 2h unholy though. Whilst it's a solid talent, the 5 points you spend in frost to get it are mostly worthless. I reckon they're better in bladed armor and conviction.

5% crit + ~500AP should be better than 10% shadow and frost damage.

technically the glacier rot change was to accommodate the first 10% off back ice, the change to help compensate for the second part is Tstalker going to 15%
    Yeah, but I always found Frost Strike to be the first part of the compensation.. But that might have something to do with the fact most of my damage comes from Frost Strike and Obliterate, and nearly nothing comes from HB and IT.