Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 1h dps axes? Where are they?

hunters are more skilled with bows, not sure on the all the racial. but i dont see any top bow for them in Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scintilla
    hunters are more skilled with bows, not sure on the all the racial. but i dont see any top bow for them in Ulduar.
    Arrowsong, gg. The point is there is only one 1h axe that drops in 10/25 raids atm and it is designed for use by tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey
    Arrowsong, gg. The point is there is only one 1h axe that drops in 10/25 raids atm and it is designed for use by tanks.
    Yeah, and the loot lists for Ulduar keep rolling in and...voila, still no 1h axes(they added 2 more tank axes...to the tourney, which are crap for raiding anyways). Another tyhing I'm noticing is, the current best 1h weapon for dps on the loot lists(via ilevel and super high weapon damage) is a fist weapon, again. This is pretty sad for a few people(rogues wishing there was a dagger just as good or DKs, who can't use fist weapons[might be screwed again this tier of raiding]). I also hear the complaints about the type of hunter weps out there being awkward choices. Maybe bliz needs to rethink the loot a little, or allow for some more flexibility from the classes themselves when it comes to weps.

Haven't seen any myself higher than The Key.

Players deserve some amount of choice in what gear they will use for their characters. I know I'm not alone in wanting to be at least a little bit different from some of the other dps on my server, and so far we don't have that option; we're all pigeonholed into a few specific pieces of gear for each gear slot.

It's still early in the content though, don't assume that there will never be something just because it hasn't been looted off a PTR boss yet. Blizzard has shown us many times that they can adjust, add, or remove any number of items in a single minor patch that requires very little time to download.
    100 Rage Execute Spam. Enough Said.
    BRING THOSE DAYS BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroKasutoa
    Haven't seen any myself higher than The Key.

Players deserve some amount of choice in what gear they will use for their characters. I know I'm not alone in wanting to be at least a little bit different from some of the other dps on my server, and so far we don't have that option; we're all pigeonholed into a few specific pieces of gear for each gear slot.

It's still early in the content though, don't assume that there will never be something just because it hasn't been looted off a PTR boss yet. Blizzard has shown us many times that they can adjust, add, or remove any number of items in a single minor patch that requires very little time to download.
    The problem is, this is what it was like when Beta was up, and it went on without change. Needs to be a little more uproar, maybe bout time I linked this thread and hopped over to WoW.com...or maybe not, all my threads I make over there never get a posts, even on the same subject as this, and go unnoticed(guess MMO has more readers during times like these, cause people will be looking for info on the PTR that MMO seems to have more of than anybody else, even blizzard's actual forums...)

This is all I have to say about axes, axes equal turtles- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p03Cjx0U48&feature=related

This only furthers my stance that rogues should be able to use axes. If they could, there would actually be axes in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt
    or DKs, who can't use fist weapons[might be screwed again this tier of raiding]).
    Unfortunately, DW will be dead anyway so I really couldn't care less what kind of 1h weapons they bring out.

I just hope that the Ulduar equivalent of BoH will drop at least once...unlike BoH for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Unfortunately, DW will be dead anyway so I really couldn't care less what kind of 1h weapons they bring out.

I just hope that the Ulduar equivalent of BoH will drop at least once...unlike BoH for us.
    Well, if DW is truly and wholy being phased out, it needs to be...just that. Dks would lose all 1h runeforges, Stoneskin Gargoyle would no longer need to say "2h only" as it would be redundant, and DKs should just stop being able to use 1h-ers period...now does that sound better....no. The only reason Warriors can use staves, and hunters can use throwing weps, is because of bliz's unfocused development team in the early days(putting wierd things that most people would never dare touch, or like the really really early days, when the talent trees had moves that are now famous as baseline[alpha testing talent trees had moves like Consecrate in ret]). To do another decision like that, in making DW the Death Knight equivalent of throwing weps to hunters would be an outright failure.

This goes beyond DKs though, and beyond axes for that matter. There are too many specific weapon types people are being forced into. Assassination rogues for example are without max ilvl daggers(dropping one for Calamity's Grasp, then respeccing), or Staves being made extremely inferior for most any caster(even with the staff only enchant coming, I think it won't be enough to cover the gap, unless the staves in Ulduar are all designed differently). There is a massive lack of synchronicity in the development department when it comes to weapons lately. Hell, I'd go as far to say saying "1h axes give 5 expertise" for Orcs would be not worth the time with the way things are now.

Right now, the highest ilvl 1hander on Ulduar's testing is yet another fist weapon. And to the people saying, "well, testing's not done yet, just wait and see". I hear that all the way up to the last day, then nothing happens... There's a difference to being hopeful, and being blind to what you can do about it. Going to post this on Wow.com's forums tonight, maybe I can get an explanation from a blue, but that's not likely due to previous attempts.

A guy on my server came up with an idea around it he now does DPS with 2 last laugh (if i can remember what his name is ill link the armory)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    A guy on my server came up with an idea around it he now does DPS with 2 last laugh (if i can remember what his name is ill link the armory)
    Yeah, probably an orc, and even then that's stretching it(the weapon attack dps for a DK drops dramatically for having it in MH, not sure for Enhance shammies). the 37 strength and 24 hit rating+the higher wep damage makes it an okay choice for an Orc DK, but here lies the problem, it's gonna be hard to get your guild to give you last laugh, especially when it has only dropped once for my guild out of our last 3 months on KT<.<.

1hs?
    well
    you see the bosses these days are looking for huge dmg now
    so they try to find huge 2h weapons they can use

real

i really cant give you a real reason why
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true