PvP Ret Suggestions

Ret's overall PvE dps right now is lacking and I know that's something that needs to be looked at, but I would like to suggest some improvements to Ret's PvP effectiveness. I know not everyone cares about PvP, but that's the aspect I'm most concerned with, and in all fairness... both PvP and PvE balance need to be factored in. I'd like to see Ret get a bit more offensive utility. Sure there are plenty of defensive utilities, but defenses don't get kills. Currently all Ret really does is faceroll dps until you get a target relatively low on HP, then setup a stun and try to burst them down. Against most good healers, there is just no way to get a target relatively low on HP. I don't want to see Ret be overpowered, just hoping for something more than burst burst burst.

Some things I'd like to see factored in to the Ret tree (and mind you not all of these, just 1 or 2) are Distance Closer, Interrupt, Silence, Healing Reduction (not Mortal Strike, but something more similar to what they did with the new Arms War ability that reduces the amount of outbound healing on the next heal).

Distance Closer:
    Ret Pallies have no way of closing the distance with a target that is trying to run away. My suggestion for this is a deep tree talent that causes Hand of Freedom, when used on themself, to grant somewhere between 30-50% movement speed increase for 3-5 seconds. This creates a unique effect instead of something generic (eg charge, intercept, feral charge, shadow step, death grip) and ties it in to an ability they already have. Perhaps even tie it in to Divine Purpose and move it deeper in the tree.

Interrupt/Silence:
    Similar to the old glyph for Exorcism, a talent could cause this ability to interrupt spell casting or cause a 1-2 second silence.

Healing Reducer:
    Something along the lines of the Arms Warrior talent Unrelenting Assault. This is just an idea but Ret Paladins have been very weak against healers. For 3 seconds after striking with Divine Storm (or Exorcism or Crusader Strike) target's next healing effect will be reduced by 50%. Obviously this ability could be tweaked in any number of ways. Changing the ability it's tied to effectively changes it's cooldown (6, 10, or 15 seconds) and it could be applied to next heal for 2-3 seconds after use, or applied only when used during the casting of a spell.

Re: PvP Ret Suggestions

Really? No comments/suggestions/disagreements on my post? I'd appreciate any feedback.
    Edit: Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by StpdSxyJef
    Really? No comments/suggestions/disagreements on my post? I'd appreciate any feedback.

*New Talent*
    "divine wings"

Requires 40 pts in retibution

your speed is increased for 100% for 3 sec

30 sec cooldown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    modify talent "Vindication" and make it lower in the tree 0/2

Gives the Paladin's damaging attacks a chance to reduce the target's attributes and heals reveived by 10% for 15 sec.

*new talent*

shut up lease(yeah did not find a great name)

you make an attac which stop the incantation of this school for 3 sec

100% movement speed for 3 seconds is too much.

Giving Vindication a 10% healing reduction goes against what Blizz said for Ret, being that they don't want them to have a mortal strike effect.

And your 3rd one is just an interrupt effect like I said above.

Hey remember that time shamans almost got MS. Let ret almost get MS too

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Ret pvp and pve atm is fine. Learn to use what you have.