Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hit/Expertise Talents

Am I missing where they are in our talents?
    Every other class seems to get increase in hit or expertise talents, or some class's get both?

Or are we supposed to get it all from gear?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hit/Expertise Talents

Quote Originally Posted by Tengar
    Am I missing where they are in our talents?
    Every other class seems to get increase in hit or expertise talents, or some class's get both?

Or are we supposed to get it all from gear?
    As for tanking,

Hit was removed, it would make ret just too damn strong. (and it already is strong)

Expertise is in Prot in Combat Expertise. 6 Expertise total

Also for tanks almost all of us use Glyph of SoV which is good.

Also for those of us that are Human/Dwarf we have weapn expertise.

Draeni get 1% hit, and Blood Elfs have a silence (But a boost in magic damage reduction which is just too bad as (its bad ass im not QQing)

So there you go.

Also it is generally excepted that hit and expertise are NOT a priority of a paladin.

Because we use Magic Damage to threat, it is not a big deal.

Warriors need it because everything is physical, DKs need it because their strikes need to land for important threat and to proc abilities, and Druids generate threat purely through damage output they (from what I am told, and have not looked into it lately) have no threat modifier.

Thats why it might seem amiss when it is not everywhere, and Blizz has to be very carefull what and where it does things to paladins because it can severely imbalance ret which would bring the whole damn community down on us like we have seen too much.

p.s. Ret, ya know I love yall.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Hit was removed, it would make ret just too damn strong. (and it already is strong)
    Thanks for the lulz.

Despite that vomit, what Ever said is mostly correct.

Blizz removed Precision because it was felt that you could get the Hit you needed from gear, and in TBC, getting Hit Capped as a Ret was so retardedly easy.

Expertise isn't so crucial to Prots as only your auto swing, HoR and SoR can be dodged or parried. Judgements, Avengers Shield, Holy Shield and Consecration cannot.

For Rets? Well...they are basically just screwed out of a talent afforded to all their peers. While it's not that critical to get capped, Dodge and/or Parry can impact roughly 35% of your DPS (auto-swing, CS, DS), so getting at least Dodge capped can make a difference.

wow what a load of crap, ret is about the only dps that cant break anywhere near high numbers for a fight regardless of gear they are never a risk of being top damage when others are equally geared.
    with 3.1 they will have exorcism to supposedly keep the damage up but sadly it will miss 3% of the time at the normal hit cap as it uses spell hit.
    giving ret hit does jack all there simply isnt equip bonus stats that do anything decent for ret as they all only effect the smallest portions of rets damage and you cant trade these stats for str as str is a set amount on gear and you will always gem for it regardless as its a better stat.
    giving ret expertise is slightly helpful as it's a much lesser stat then str that uses the same gem colour.
    all a talent that had 6expertise 3% hit and 6% spell hit would do is make a paladin be able to switch gear around and not definitely have to have a set group of pieces and retain set bonuses.
    It just makes gearing better it doesnt make ret incredible, hell enh shamans blitz ret dps they just got 9 expertise on a +10% ap ability. don't make excuses for blizzard oversights bullshit and lies.

15+ Year Old Account

with more expertise seals/CS/DS/auto-attacks will be less dodged or no dodges when capped. if we still can stack strength and get expertise capped with what we get on gear its a moderate increase of dps.

I think a talent that increases our chance to hit with spells is a great idea.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

in 3.1 it will be more important to be hit capped.

With the change of SA mana gain judgement misses will hurt your mana
    Ashoram - Such a Thing - EU-Gul'dan

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ashoram
    in 3.1 it will be more important to be hit capped.

With the change of SA mana gain judgement misses will hurt your mana
    depends on how we get increased mana regen. if its a buff to JotW, then yes hit will be more important.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    as it uses spell hit.
    Which doesnt exist?

15+ Year Old Account

as far as we can see what drops in ulduar we'll be closer to the caps then in naxx. t8 gear has hit and even expertise on it. more gear with hit or expertise and strength on it. im not really worried about it atm. we dont need high amounts of hit/expertise to be capped also.

As for Hit.. No thanks I already got way too much on my gear.
    However Expertice would be great! Some new talents to stuff our (think its 19) free points in for increased DPS is always welcome, no matter how small, more is more.. And even 3 expertice for 3 talent points would beat the reduced CD for HoP i have right now >.<

Its pretty obvious that a DPS spec is gonna be good for PvP when it doesnt have enough talents to stuff into DPS and have to spend them on PvP talents instead
    I'd love to see something done like with Feral, where they choose between Cat or Bear.
    Only rets choose between PvP and DPS.. Currently we dont have enough for DPS, so we just stuff ourselves with PvP talents.. >.<

Oh.. And am i the only DPSadin thats getting pretty sick of Bubble? It seems to be the main reason why people keeps whining, and Blizz being reluctant to buff us... And it does nothing for us in PvE.
    I'd love to see some deep ret talent or a minor glyph that did something like double the CD of bubble but halve our CD for Avenging Wrath
    Call it Avenger's Sacrifice or something equally lame ^^
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

I need some damn closer, I have posted this so many times about being hit capped. I know that the hit cap is 290or295 W/E, and now i hear ppl saying that its now 8% not 9%.

I have great gear but i cant use all of it b/c i would fall under hit cap. And i also hear ppl say that being hitcapped is less important then having BiS, And if ppl would FUCKING look if you have all BiS then you will fall far under hit cap(but ppl still do it)

I think hit is vary important and i would rather be hitcapped rather then just have "BiS".

Also does any one know a ret paladin i can referance, oh and i would rather not have some one from these fourms that thinks they are good but they are not

I agree Ret needs a deep hit/exp rateing talant!!

15+ Year Old Account

you ask for help but dont want to accept it from ppl that post on mmo? since you asked so nicely, im not going to help you out.

stay in your own world of being hit capped. its the best for all of us.

lol sorry but i find 99.99% of the people on these fourms are elitest, and think they are always right.

so well your crying this still goes on.............i know im not the only one that would like to know ( not just paladins)

and i see that your not hitcapped HOW does that not mess with your DPS, ya i know you hit harder but what good is hitting hard when your missing quite alot tbh.

str is better than hit atm.

the bis set for ret does not make you hit capped

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    str is better than hit atm.

the bis set for ret does not make you hit capped
    Alot of ppl say otherwise yes str is great but like i said what good is it hitting hard if you cant hit the target, i would love to agree with you b/c i have BiS items that i cant use for the fact i would be under hitcap

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Braydra
    lol sorry but i find 99.99% of the people on these fourms are elitest, and think they are always right.

so well your crying this still goes on.............i know im not the only one that would like to know ( not just paladins)

and i see that your not hitcapped HOW does that not mess with your DPS, ya i know you hit harder but what good is hitting hard when your missing quite alot tbh.
    just switch some hit gear for strength gear in raids. keep about 200 hit and hf dpsing

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    just switch some hit gear for strength gear in raids. keep about 200 hit and hf dpsing

TY that helps abit

15+ Year Old Account

it seems that you dont believe the most ppl that post here. dont know why. perhaps you think you are leet...

anyway...we cannot convince you, just experience it for yourself

no its b/c i just hear so many different thing like not important,important,BIS!@!#!,you can be about 100 off,hit cap is not 8% not 9%.

if i am coming off a jackass im sorry i have just been trying to figure this out for awhile now.