Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Mana Burn - Needs a change again?

I don't know how anyone, especially a paladin can complain about mana burn. I play priest/rogue at 2400+, and we hardly ever mana burn because its mostly useless. Even if a paladin stands in the open and get spam mana burned over and over, my priest will OOM from mana burning at the same time the pally OOMs, but then the pally can just divine plea, while my priest has no reliable way to regen. If anything, mana burn needs a mana cost reduction, not a nerf.

priest survival is terrible in arenas atm, pallys dominate so why you crying about the 1 ability that you don't know how to play against that 10,000 other pallies have no problems with?

would you exchange divine shield and bof for a pally mana burn? prob not

I play both classes and priests are terrible in arena when it comes to mana, and pally played right should almost never go oom. Even some of the best resto shammies are gearing for crit instead of mp5, but do you see disc priests running around in shadow gear? prob not.

Give the priest a break and learn to play.

Looks like I posted this to early, too many people can't understand I said patch 3.1...I.e season 2. If you think paladins will still dominate season 2 you obviously don't understand the changes. And I said 3.1 for a reason, the time when mana regen is being nerfed and on the palas side Divine plea is dispellable, so standing in the middle is going to work...

I don't know if this has been said, only read the first page, but, Mana Burn, is insanely OP. I don't know the actual cast time, but It seems their mana burning me in about 1.5 seconds, or less. And yes, I avoid it for the most part. But when I get stunned or feared, they burst off 3 - 4 mana burns. ONCE I had full mana, and enemy priest has about 1000 mana, something more like 1300 mana actually, and I thought, I'd just let him waste his mana on mana burning me... He drained ALL but 5k of my mana, and still had 900 mana when he was done. The Mana Burn it's self isn't that OP imo, it's more its mana cost, If you can burn 17k mana and have it only cost about 700 mana, there is a major issue.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Quote Originally Posted by NotOPAtAll
    The only one bitching here is you.

I just registered because I couldn't believe the sheer amount of stupidity in your post regarding the current situation of Holy Paladins compared to every other healer. Yet Holy Paladins are still asking, nay begging for buffs. Paladins are getting nerfed. Priests are getting buffed. Both are needed. Mana Burn isn't getting Nerfed.

This is coming from someone with two level 80 Paladins (1 Horde, 1 Ally) and who still hasn't level'd their Priest to 80.
    Dude just STFU!
    I have not said that Priests are overpowered. I said they were underpowered.
    Im not bitching about anything. Priests apparently found there way to the Paladin-forum and started to QQ. Please get out, and let us have a serious discussion about Manaburn, instead of you bracking about Holy Paladins..
    I haven't said that Holy Paladins isn't doing good. I do realise that they are PvP-healer number 1.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Mana Burn is needed to make Holy Paladins and Restro Shamis espacialy Shamis go oom in Arena and then kill them with Wings up and stun Fear ready.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705