Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: I learned something

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Ra
    So you are saying that Paladins are OP because they are in the top pvp teams of you realm/battlegroup? hmmm
    Of EVERY realm / battlegroup.

I just think it's stupid that people argue DKs are overpowered because of how good paladins (and only paladins) are at supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Last time a mage silenced me, I think I slapped a 5k+ obliterate in his face..

I love unskilled shaman, I fought a guildy, who's great at PvE, but no so awesome at PvP, the only spell he managed to use was flame shock.

I then proceeded to run through him to avoid lava burst(he then starts casting chain lightning??) I silence his nature school, heals, strangulate+/lol, continue beating on him, mind freeze his next heal, and finish it..

I have no idea why he just stood there tanking me, but I still won without him laying more then a flame shock on me..

On the next fight he did finally understand he needed to frost shock, and he managed to take me down to roughly 50% health.. But I didn't have strangulate up.
    true story? AWSUM!

Everyone saying a DK isn't OP with the current build in both PvE and PvP is a delusional DK-player and very afraid of being hit with the well deserved nerf stick.

I'm saying OP, i didn't say unbeatable. Yes you can kill them, but their abilities are too unbalancedat the moment. So don't get all caught up in denial claiming that you just don't know how to beat one. One has nothing to do with the other! Back when rogues were imba I knew my class was OP, I knew it was wicked to keep a pala stun-lol'd in arena fights untill he was the last one standing of his team. I wasn't going around saying...

OMG b00n, L2P dawg, we ain't OP yo! you just don't know how to beat us - hit me with 24k crit n i'm down... man L2P!

jeez... even worse is that 90% of the DK's don't know how to play, death gripping the one mob which the tank just pulled towards you and make half the party go p00f isn't exactly "smart".

/cast nerdrage
    go effin play a real class
    ... the nerdrage effect has worn off

LUL ;D

"Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Of EVERY realm / battlegroup.

I just think it's stupid that people argue DKs are overpowered because of how good paladins (and only paladins) are at supporting them.
    DK's are a bit too strong. Holy paladin are ridiculously too strong... It takes 3 ppl minimum to kill me when I play my wife's holydin... Only thing I saw that was worst then that was resto druid when patch 3.0 came out with huge armor buff to tree + no longer slowed... But they adjusted it.

DKs are overpowered. It's that simple and everybody with at least three braincells knows it. And not just in PvP.

Hell, yesterday we were running Kara with a bunch of people for fun and the Achievement. A level 76 Prot Pallie was gonna be our tank but I, a Blood DK of equal level, turned on Frost Presence and instantly had more health, damage AND threat before he knew what hit him. Which wasn't much, honestly, because nothing was attacking him in the first place. I could have probably facerolled and still kept superior threat.

And I was using Death Strike instead of Obliterate, except on Maiden of Virtue (who kept using a silence on me) and Curator (who seemed to be immune to Icy Touch and Plague Strike) because I otherwise couldn't keep up. Oh well, I got to piss off a Pallie and got a nice Despair, which looks awesome and is slightly better than what I had.

When we say that pallies are OP, please specify the spec

Honestly, ret paladins aren't that much OP. Yes they can do huge bursts and bubble it. Still, play it smart and they are easy to lockdown

The problem with pallies is the holy spec. I'm pretty sure that a holy pally could outdps a ret pally. But holy pallies do not dmg most of the time. They beacon of light their friend and healz without running of mana ever. And they still can bubble it! :P

Seems next patch they are trying to nerf holy (without success imo as ret seems to be eating the worst part of the nerfstick) and protadins will become almighty.

Just go look, lots and lots of those top rated pallies are holy =)

I'm not playing a paladin so I'm not the expert Since the title of the post is 'what I've learned' figured it was the right place

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by makutsu
    But at the same skill level most classes can't win DKs...
    And you measure skill how?

I'd lose a 1v1 against most people at my rating (~1900 w/ priest). I'd kill some easily (eg warriors) but would also get completely massacred by others (eg fmages). Overall, I dont think DKs are even remotely overpowered in isolation.

Yeah, they're a new class and can be hard to play against when you don't know them that well, but that doesn't make them overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    jeez... even worse is that 90% of the DK's don't know how to play, death gripping the one mob which the tank just pulled towards you and make half the party go p00f isn't exactly "smart".
    This one backfires.

You can focus death grip someone in an arena to keep them in combat. It won't pull them to you, but it will keep that healer from running and drinking.

how did this go from me telling people that warriors can spell reflect death grip to arguing about how pallys are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by roningsp
    true story? AWSUM!
    Yes, I'm so skilled at defeating people who suck at PvP.
    /flex

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Yes, I'm so skilled at defeating people who suck at PvP.
    /flex
    That OBVIOUSLY makes you OP

We gotta go to your house and hit you with a nerf bat... made of steel
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!