Need help on Moonkin Pve damage

Hi all
    I have pretty good gear, yet i only do 2.8-3.0k dps in naxx 25.
    I dont know what im doing wrong, so i came here for help =)

Stats with druid buff in moonkin are :

- 1904Sp
    - 333 hit(overcapped, will be even more soon, maybe this is the cause?)
    - 23.00% Crit
    - 186 Haste

Here's my armory link : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n&n=Seynaeveke

So any help/advice on rotations, what stats to improve etc are very welcome =)

Re: Need help on Moonkin Pve damage

Any tips of macro's // addons are welcome to

The hit rating is probably hurting you.  You have way too much if you're keeping faerie fire on the bosses.  Also your haste is low in relation to your crit, they should be more balanced.  Stacking one and ignoring the other is bad.  I have about 24% crit in moonkin form with 486 haste and 2164 spell power.

I would change that spec too.  You have points in moonglow and nothing in Dreamsate, and no Omen of Clarity which point for point is the best mana talent druids have.

Here's my rotation:
    IFF, IS, MF, Wrath till eclipse, Starfire, Starfire during hidden cooldown on Eclipse, then go back to wrath, refresh dots as needed.

You want to starfire always unless you can proc eclipse. During things like bloodlust you just want to spam Starfire the whole time because wrath isn't getting all the benefit due to GCD.

Also, make sure to have the glyphs for starfire and moonfire, with IS as the third being my preference.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...otem&n=Morgano
    "Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics." - Tarragon @ Earthen Ring US

sorry, mistake in stats with druid buff while in moonkin(was wearing my fr boots =/)
    Correct stats are :

- Spell power : 2002
    - Hit : 333
    - Crit : 23.59%
    - Haste : 219

SquawkAndAwe is an add-on to monitor dot times and the hidden cd of eclipse, it helps a lot.

Other than that make sure not to have over 10% (9% if you're alliance) hit, seeing as more is just a pure waste of stats.

The rotation is quite simple, keep dots up and proc eclipse with wrath. Personally I don't refresh dots during eclipse, but some (complex) math will probably prove me wrong here.
    Try and convince your guild to always run with a shadowpriest and feral druid, so you get the 3% crit from iFF without actually having to cast it.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...l&n=Panoramixe
    My talent build is pretty much mainstream. Some people skip intensity for gale winds and moonglow for a point in genesis though.

I'd also replace the low level herbing with JC/enchanting/BS/LW, those all boost your spellpower by about 38 and give some other interesting benefits.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...97602029&sid=1
    and this is a list with BiS gear for us, could prove helpful.

But you should be able to do over 4k dps with that gear, at least I can reach that and I'm only slightly better geared.

Too much hit rating, too much spirit. Dont get me wrong spirit is nice but you dont need almost 700 spirit as a boomkin. Also remember that haste is better then crit. Also grab kirin tor ring and deathchill cloak, and try to replace that VH trinket, maybe the HoS one. I would also try to get tier gloves, and replace your legs with anub 25 cloth legs or maly 25 cloth legs. Other then that the main thing to keep in mind is that you wont see big numbers like 5-6k until your in mostly BiS, with good group makeups. A big thing people dont think about is fight lengths, most of the time you only see 6k+ boomkins on 2 min fights. Why? you might ask, becuase benefits like bloodlust and haste pots are greater over shorter fights, every second your not effected by one of these buffs your dps is going to go down. In a 2 min fight with a bloodlust u have 30% haste for 30% of the fight thats a huge buff. As long as your not falling behind in your guild I wouldnt worry about your overall dps too much. Just make sure your keeping up, showing up, and following directions, and most raid leaders/guild leaders wont have a problem taking you.

Ty all for ya help so far =)

What red gem would be best for in my t7.5 head(considering my stats)
    - 19 SP
    - 9SP + 8 Haste.

Also, what meta gem would u recommend =)

Also , as replacment for the VH trinket, what would be best :
    - Forge Ember <http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37660> (Hc Hos)
    - The Egg of Mortal Essence <http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40685> (Badges)

Chaotic Meta Gem, then I would use 2 8 spirit 12 stam gems for the meta reqs and 19 spell power in all other sockets.

The 2 best trinkets are Illustration of the Dragon Soul from Sarth25 no drakes, and Embrace of the Spider from 10 man Maexxna. Egg of Mortal Essence is for healing.
    "Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics." - Tarragon @ Earthen Ring US

Quote Originally Posted by Morgano
    Chaotic Meta Gem, then I would use 2 8 spirit 12 stam gems for the meta reqs and 19 spell power in all other sockets.

The 2 best trinkets are Illustration of the Dragon Soul from Sarth25 no drakes, and Embrace of the Spider from 10 man Maexxna. Egg of Mortal Essence is for healing.
    Right... you do _not_ use 8 spir 12 stam gems for the meta req, but two 9spellpower 8 spirit gems. Dying Curse is also better than Embrace of the Spider if you need the hit.

The hit rating is probably hurting you. You have way too much if you're keeping faerie fire on the bosses. Also your haste is low in relation to your crit, they should be more balanced. Stacking one and ignoring the other is bad. I have about 24% crit in moonkin form with 486 haste and 2164 spell power.

I would change that spec too. You have points in moonglow and nothing in Dreamsate, and no Omen of Clarity which point for point is the best mana talent druids have.

Here's my rotation:
    IFF, IS, MF, Wrath till eclipse, Starfire, Starfire during hidden cooldown on Eclipse, then go back to wrath, refresh dots as needed.

You want to starfire always unless you can proc eclipse. During things like bloodlust you just want to spam Starfire the whole time because wrath isn't getting all the benefit due to GCD.

Also, make sure to have the glyphs for starfire and moonfire, with IS as the third being my preference.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...otem&n=Morgano
    Get rid of the Girdle of Bane, the belt off Malygos 25, or the Badge Cloth Belt, are much better choices.
    You don't seem to level Herbalism, why not take something more useful such as Jewelcrafting, Enchanting, Blacksmithing, or Leatherworking, to make better use of class bonuses? You can gain 38 more spellpower, 76 with 2 of these professions. Jewelcrafting also allows you to use 27 Spellpower Gems in Blue Sockets(Or Yellow if you choose), allowing you to acquire more set bonuses so you aren't wasting 6 Hit, 6 Haste, 4 Spirit, or even more to activate Meta stats.

You need a helm with a Meta Gem. While that helm does have good stats, 21 crit/3% critical damage will get you much better results.

Replace Signet of the Maevolent with the Badge25 ring, it has much better stats and a good amount of haste.

23 Haste on Cloak. Get it.

Replace Mark of the War Prisoner with the Prism's Deck, or get Je'Teze's Bell, or Embrace of the Spider from Naxx 10 Spider Wing/Thaddius is really good. Try to get Dying Curse, that trinket does allow you to have a good hit item(Just like the badge offhand with hit/crit), and has a very potent proc. If you get this, replace Sundial of the Exiled with Embrace of the Spider because that proc combined with the passive spellpower is nice.

28 Spellpower on Gloves. If you are over hit cap this should be one of the first things to replace.

Talents and Gemming are fine, except I'd get the last point in Master Shapeshifter if you can handle 2/3 Intensity, that's 2% more damage. You can also get rid of Balance of Power to accomplish this, until you lose some of the hit, and also put a point in Dreamstate.

Spirit and Stamina are both blue sockets. Get 9 Spell/8 Spirit.

Illustruation of the Dragon Soul, correct.
    Embrace of the Spider(If you are stacking spellpower)
    Dying Curse(If you lack hit)
    Je'Teze's Bell(If you lack mana regen, which is not a problem with current gear)

tnx for ya help so far all =))

Now im following ur advice to replace my hit rating by other stats :
    Currently i have 333
    Hands : - 20 hit (replacing hit enchant)
    Vh trinket : - 73 hit (replacing by Hos trinket till i get better 1)
    Ring : - 49 hit (replacing <Signet of the Malevolent> by <Band of Channeled Magic>
    T7.5 head : + 42 hit.

If u would do all that , i would have 233 hit left, under the cap of 280.

So i ask what would U do?
    Would u replace all the hit items like stated above to get better stats but with only 233 hit
    OR
    Would u not replace 1 item to stay hitcapped.

----
    Ill also do the following :

Replace the 2 red gems(19sp) by 2 blue gems <9spellpower 8 spirit> gems, then use a <21 crit/3% critical damage > meta gem in my t7.5 head.
    Doing this will give me both the socket bonus of t7.5 chest & legs (+6 hit & +6 haste)

Actually the hit cap is 236 for us, we only need 9% hit.
    (1% from draenei, 3% from iFF, 4% balance of power = 8%, hit cap is 17%)

You could also level JC, the jc only gems make it extremely easy to meet gem requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by shono99
    You don't seem to level Herbalism, why not take something more useful such as Jewelcrafting, Enchanting, Blacksmithing, or Leatherworking, to make better use of class bonuses? You can gain 38 more spellpower, 76 with 2 of these professions. Jewelcrafting also allows you to use 27 Spellpower Gems in Blue Sockets(Or Yellow if you choose), allowing you to acquire more set bonuses so you aren't wasting 6 Hit, 6 Haste, 4 Spirit, or even more to activate Meta stats.
    I'm engineer on my druid, it's also a really nice option to go for. The glove haste is awesome, the new cloak enchant sounds attractive (i dont know if 19 spellpower > 25 haste but its pretty tempting so far) and the usual awesomeness of being an engineer. People will like you cause you can drop repair bots, Defibrilate them, Nitro boost out of hot spots, Typhoon while in the air + Parachute cloak while you see the enemy take the fall ( 8) )
    Mana injectors, saving bagspace, Plus i'm sure they'll have new goggles coming out soon. If you like Pvping there's also the acclaimed Gnomish Lightning Generator.
    anyways. hurray for engineers!
    Boom.

I would change that spec too. You have points in moonglow and nothing in Dreamsate, and no Omen of Clarity which point for point is the best mana talent druids have.

take 1 point out of moonglow and put it in omen of clarity, "Dreamstate" pls, I thought u wanted to help him, not nerf him...
    u want to starfire always, wtf are u talking bout man, u want to wrath till u proc ur eclipse, if u starfire till u proc ur eclipse u got the lowest form of eclipse till 3.1... during ur bloodlust u want to spam starfire, but only if ur eclipse is on cd ofc, dont waste it on a wrath version of eclipse... coz then u got a down time of too long with low dmg output.. more thinking less bullshit talk pls.. wrath does get the benefit untill u have stacked too much haste which atm makes the nature's grace bring u a tiny bit below gcd, means u dont cast 24/7 but doesnt mean u dont got any benefit from bl..