Page 1 of 2
LastLast

General Vezax - Aura of Despair

Prevents mana regeneration from nearly all natural sources. Aspect of the Viper, Judgements of the Wise, Shamanistic Rage, and Spiritual Attunement remain at least partially effective. Also reduces melee attack speed by 20%.
    And taken from the main MMO page:

Is active throughout the whole fight, the only "normal" way to regain mana is to use potions. You can also destroy the crystals flying in the room, they will drop a green cloud on the ground and will restore your mana, they will also damage you for an equal amount of health points (1000 Mana regen = 1000 Damage), this buff stacks and will regen more and more mana (and deal more damage as well) over time. The hard mode version of the encounter require you to not use these clouds.
    I'm just curious from anyone who has actually experienced the fight what the aura actually effects. I'm mostly curious from a mage perspective. Our mana regeneration abilities are quite unlike Aspect of the Viper etc in that we can't attack while we regain mana. Evocation is a cast time spell and mana gems are an instant mana return similar to a potion.

Does anyone know if the aura effects literally everything? Have any mages tried evocation or mana gems? Does spirit based mana regeneration still work?

Re: General Vezax - Aura of Despair

Im curious if I can lifetap as a warlock or not. If not, then very annoying, since our spells are high mana costs.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Bumping in light of the recent 3.1 testing.

Any info?

bad bad bump
    bermp
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Deleted

Things that won't work : Evocation, Mana Gems, Master of Elements, Mana Potion
    Things that work: -----

Also, our priests reportet there is no mana gain inside or outside the 5sekRule from mp5 or spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by detached
    Things that won't work : Evocation, Mana Gems, Master of Elements, Mana Potion
    Things that work: -----
    where did you find this?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    where did you find this?

By trying it on thr PTR today.

Quote Originally Posted by detached

By trying it on thr PTR today.
    even that unlimited potion?

as a mage go get yourself a high end wand

30 mio hp without any real manareg is kind of fun

The only (inside) manareg u can get is by reducing the spellcost.

Shadow Crash - Fires a shadow missile at a target, dealing 11310 to 12690 Shadow damage to all enemies near the impact point and knocking them away. After impact, leaves an energy field that lingers for 20 sec, increasing magical damage dealt by 50%, reducing healing done by 50%, and reducing mana costs by 30%.
    Well we downed him yesterday without using any saronit cloud but didnt got any extra loot. Maybe it was because of the 10-version. I dont know. Another possebility is, someone downed a saronit cloud on purpose,
    who knows.

It looked a bit buggy. Someone said the hardmode is without any saronit cloud and with a kill of the add before vezax is dead.
    Has anyone a bit more information about the hardmode?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunja
    The only (inside) manareg u can get is by reducing the spellcost.

Well we downed him yesterday without using any saronit cloud but didnt got any extra loot. Maybe it was because of the 10-version. I dont know. Another possebility is, someone downed a saronit cloud on purpose,
    who knows.

It looked a bit buggy. Someone said the hardmode is without any saronit cloud and with a kill of the add before vezax is dead.
    Has anyone a bit more information about the hardmode?
    Yeah, the hardmode may be not downing them period, not just not recieving the effects.

15+ Year Old Account

No mana regen is supposed to work, not life tap or other converting spells either.

As I see it, it is possible to do this fight on hard mode as long as no raid dmg is taken (since healers goes oom if they have to heal the entire raid and not only the MT, tanks, melee to some extend) and you obviously spec mana efficient and those who got wands use them when not standing in Shadow Crash - Energy Field.

Edit: We did it hard mode 25man yesterday and no one can afford to use mana if they aren't standing in the energy field.

It sounds pretty much like caster dps are going to be unable to participate in the hard mode of this fight. With caster dps wanding the kill will take longer which will force the healers oom.

Can we get some sort of official list going of what definately works and what does not? I've heard that active spells work but passives do not, so can someone start confirming specific spells/talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    It sounds pretty much like caster dps are going to be unable to participate in the hard mode of this fight. With caster dps wanding the kill will take longer which will force the healers oom.
    what about us ret pallys
    wait nvm seal of command and just auto attack works
    but what about.....shamans......wait auto attack still....
    warrior and rogue dps would prolly be wanted in that fight.......
    well i hope all you hardcore raiders enjoy hard mode...dont die too much

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix
    Im curious if I can lifetap as a warlock or not. If not, then very annoying, since our spells are high mana costs.
    Last time i was fighting him you could LT, it took away your hp, but no mana was gained.

worked: judgement of the wise (only the judgementgain of mana for the ret)

not worked: manapot, manatide, manatotem, watershield orbs, spiritual atunement, sdw, illumination, innervate, lifetap, aspect of the viper, any reg via mp5 or wk, trinkets

...dont know, i think ive forgotten alot -.^

Last time you were able to use a pot, but this time even this wasnt possible.
    I think incarnia already said the tactic for the casters in a hardmode version.

First of all everyone needs to avoid any incoming damage. The only one whos taking damage is the tank. So, every healer can just focus on the tank. Try to use stopcasting macros and just heal what needs to be healed.

If shadow crash zones are up, try to pop up BL and burn him down.
    If you dont stand in a zone use low mana-spells or wands.

That would be by the given informations the tactic for the hardmode. You didnt used saronit clouds and even more in this case it becomes pretty handy (manawise) to kill him before the 8th saronit cloud spawns (his AE Damage Add will spawn after the 8th cloud).

But well as i already said, im curious if this is the only restriction of the hardmode. Because we burned him down before the add spawned and didnt used any saronit cloud. But no extra loot :/

so does insightful earthsiege diamond, mana back from moonkin form, and, Darkmoon Deck: Illusion work?
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    so does insightful earthsiege diamond, mana back from moonkin form, and, Darkmoon Deck: Illusion work?
    i think it would

Does "master of elements" for mages return mana on crits? If not, then i doubt Moonkin form mana return or the ES diamond proc would work either.

Almost 100% certain that the darkmoon card wouldnt work.