Tank Sigil will need to be modded for 3.1

With the Glyph of Disease being added so you can refresh all of your diseases, including your target, it seems like Blizzards needs to change the Tank Sigil so that the defense bonus procs off pestilence as well.

Re: Tank Sigil will need to be modded for 3.1

Nah, they'll leave it to 3.1.1 then just change it to a 20% proc chance so its useless or something

not that I'm cynical

Deleted

Personally, I'd rather glyph of disease be changed to not be completely useless.

Yea, because saving a Frost and Unholy rune + a GCD every 15s is totally worthless, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkive
    Yea, because saving a Frost and Unholy rune + a GCD every 15s is totally worthless, right?
    It is when you're not proccing Unfaltering Knight or Icy Talons.

To be fair, Unfaltering Knight is made specifically to work with Icy Touch. Sigils are meant to alter playstyle somewhat, no change needed.

However, they really need to fix Icy Talons and Improved Icy Talons. These abilities are supposed to activate on any application of Frost Fever. Pestilence, Hungering Cold, Howling Blast (glyphed 3.1), all of these should cause Icy Talons to activate according to the tooltips. It'd be nice to see something other than Icy Touch work.

So true, btw dosen't it depend on the spec whether you will or not use that glyph, an Unholy or Frost Dk be it tank or Dps should never use it.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

There is a new sigil for tanking as well, that works better at higher gear levels anyways. Faltering knight is just for fresh 80s who need the extra defense to hit the cap.

With the Glyph of Disease being added so you can refresh all of your diseases, including your target, it seems like Blizzards needs to change the Tank Sigil so that the defense bonus procs off pestilence as well.
    I recognized this issue for frost dps as well.

Too bad there won't be much frost dps after 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee
    There is a new sigil for tanking as well, that works better at higher gear levels anyways. Faltering knight is just for fresh 80s who need the extra defense to hit the cap.
    There is?

If your point is that you won't need to use Icy Touch anymore, all four tank classes have a -20% attack speed skill which—regardless of the reality in game right now—Blizzard probably assumes you're using. For no more reason than that I doubt they'll going to change the Sigil to support not using Icy Touch anymore.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Parietis
    If your point is that you won't need to use Icy Touch anymore, all four tank classes have a -20% attack speed skill which—regardless of the reality in game right now—Blizzard probably assumes you're using. For no more reason than that I doubt they'll going to change the Sigil to support not using Icy Touch anymore.
    My point is that if the spells and Sigil stay the way they are, all you're going to save is 1 GCD every 30s. Unless you think that a major glyph should offer nothing more than that then one or the other needs to change. Otherwise they may as well not even add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I recognized this issue for frost dps as well.

Too bad there won't be much frost dps after 3.1.
    That's what YOU think:P

15+ Year Old Account

There is?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=45144

there's a list on EJ for the newest tanking pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by heffroncm
    It is when you're not proccing Unfaltering Knight or Icy Talons.

To be fair, Unfaltering Knight is made specifically to work with Icy Touch. Sigils are meant to alter playstyle somewhat, no change needed.

However, they really need to fix Icy Talons and Improved Icy Talons. These abilities are supposed to activate on any application of Frost Fever. Pestilence, Hungering Cold, Howling Blast (glyphed 3.1), all of these should cause Icy Talons to activate according to the tooltips. It'd be nice to see something other than Icy Touch work.
    Same with Chillblains - only works on the person you Icy Touch, doesnt reapply with Frost Fever.

Its not like it would be a difficult change to make either, use the same mechanics as with Crypt Fever/Ebon Plague, since both of them reapply whenever a disease ticks just fine.

Deleted

That's right. Every time you use pest to refresh diseases you gain:

1 ob/ds/ss

You lose:
    1 Major Glyph slot
    1 Blood Rune
    1 Plague Strike
    1 Icy Touch

Anyone who thinks that's a valid trade off is bad at maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    That's right. Every time you use pest to refresh diseases you gain:

1 ob/ds/ss

You lose:
    1 Major Glyph slot
    1 Blood Rune
    1 Plague Strike
    1 Icy Touch

Anyone who thinks that's a valid trade off is bad at maths.
    I agree with this. When I first heard about this glyph of disease I was excited.. but thinking about it more it may hurt both TPS and your general rotation... where the req. IT/PS for the refresh helped to maintain threat, we'll now be hitting Pest. instead, which does no damage in 3.1.

Not to metion all the above messages about losing out on the abilities that proc from IT.

Radar Controllers Do it in the Dark

I don't think you guys (Saram and Voidus) are really considering the global cooldown here. Let's evaluate those 3 runes - How you use them now, and how you'd use them after. I'll be approaching this from a Frost Spec, but you could substitute any of the other spec-specific strikes into it...

Now:

Icy Touch ...global cooldown
    Plague Strike ...global cooldown
    Blood Strike ...global cooldown

After:

Pestilence ...global cooldown
    Obliterate ...global cooldown
    Frost Strike ...global cooldown

Now, Frost Strike could be substituted for whatever you wanted, maybe another Oblit. Either way, in the same amount of time you did an IT/PS/BS you could have cast an Oblit x2 or Oblit + FS or whatever. If you're going to tell me your damage (and more importantly, your TPS) is higher with a BS/IT/PS than an Oblit x2 or an Oblit/FS than you're crazy. Not only that, you spread your diseases to any enemies that just happen to be in the area.

No one is considering Rime?

Deleted

If you're going to tell me your damage (and more importantly, your TPS) is higher with a BS/IT/PS than an Oblit x2 or an Oblit/FS than you're crazy.
    I think we're not considering the GCD because it's not an issue.

PS IT BS = Major glyph slot freed, chance to proc rime, more threat, 15 higher RP (almost half a frost strike)

Ob Pest = 1 less GCD. Which shouldn't be needed.
    Not only that, you spread your diseases to any enemies that just happen to be in the area.
    Pest does that if you don't have the glyph too.

Nobody is argueing the value of pest, we're saying glyph of disease is worthless.

In an aoe situation like you're describing, it's even more so, because if you want to do what the glyph does (refresh diseases on your primary target) all you do is target another mob and pest it instead. Major glyph negated by pressing the tab key.