Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Emalon the Storm Watcher

Emalon the Storm Watcher 25 man - 3.1.0 PTR

This is the new PvP boss in Lake Wintergrasp.
    Seems like this is going to be almost as easy as Archavon is today.
    They share the same raid instance, but are separated in two different wings.
    Emalon resides in Hall of Repose(?)

Video is from a kill on Brill PTR.
    Loot included in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4TyaajeHkg

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Emalon the Storm Watcher

So from the video

The tank needs to pull him and tank him at the back of the room because the boss cast a Nova ring at around a 30 seconds interval right?

How much damage does that do?

and the Chain Lightning targets at random for how much damage?

Does the add come out for everyone he hits with the nova ring or is it just one that jumps out every time?

And oh, yeah, does he stop casting nova rings at 10% or something? because last part of the fight, he just stop casting nova rings....

And the adds, I see you guys only kill some of them (specifically, the large air elemental and the ones he summon from nova rings), care to explain please?
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Emalon does a nova ring for aprox. 12-18k dmg with around 30 seconds intervals.
    His chain lightning hit me for 15k sometimes, and I was the last one in the chain if I remember correctly.

He has 4 adds, which needs to be tanked the entire fight. Every 40 sec - 1 min or so, one of them "enrages".
    We got them down to 50% hp, to get an indicator of which one would "enrage". Because the one who "enraged" would always heal himself to full HP first.

When the add "enraged" he would get a stacking buff, and when that reached 10 I think he exploded. Causing fatal aoe dmg. Everytime you kill an add, another one spawn shortly after.

Seems at 10% Emalon gets a small enrage and hits a little faster. I diden't notice anything else other then that.

Yeah. Pretty simple but definately harder than Archavon. The same group comp that does Archavon can do Emalon.

The biggest thing is that you get your dps to shift quickly to the enraging add. You only have about 15 seconds to get him down before he explodes and kills 3/4 of the raid instantly.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

How often does the buff stack and how much HP do the adds have, approximately?

everyone 45 to 60 sec he causes one to enrage and it seems the buff stacks about 1 stack about every 2-3 sec. so you have like 20sec to kill him. they have 200k life.

Quote Originally Posted by Maskinen

We got them down to 50% hp, to get an indicator of which one would "enrage". Because the one who "enraged" would always heal himself to full HP first.

That's a great idea and makes it much easier for the raid.

CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

so 2 tanks/2 healers for 10 man
    and 2 tanks/4-5 healers for 25?

yes thats they numbers we used last night when we killed it.

2tanks, 2healers, 10man
    2tanks, 4 healers, 25man

raid damage is almost non-existant if people spread and run out for nova's right.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

nova works same way like the HOL last boss - the closer you are, the more it hits. his CL isnt interruptable so u just gotta outheal it

15+ Year Old Account

hmm.. so well see alot of groups "lfm dps NO MELEE"

Yea this boss definitely isn't easymode puggable in 25 man, my guild is actually planning on adding it to our dkp lol..

This fight requires geared people who aren't brain dead. If you can't pull 2.2k dps, you shouldn't be in the raid.

did 10man today. pretty easy wiped a few times (only a couple had attempted before).

Only real hard part is finding out which add is getting enraged quickly. And i am sure DBM will fix that soon enough.

really isnt any harder than the first boss, just gotta have common sense like the first boss (dont stand in clouds or run around w/ rocks on you). We'll see it pugged easily in a week or two when more people see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Serious
    This fight requires geared people who aren't brain dead. If you can't pull 2.2k dps, you shouldn't be in the raid.
    2.2k dps!

Pugged this on 10-man, not too bad.

Pugs will have a hard time doing this on 25 though. Pulled our guild in for this one and it was not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrpig
    What does he drop in 10/25 man versions?

Tier 7/7.5 in 10 and T8 in 25?

I'm hearing alot of different things on this. Plz reply
    10m = t7 and deadly gear pieces 25m=t 7.5 and furious pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascatuan
    10m = t7 and deadly gear pieces 25m=t 7.5 and furious pieces.
    Actually its t8 and season 6

It's ridicolous.
    Why should Pveers get free access on s6 and t8 gear, while pvpers has to struggle for weeks to get 1 piece of pvp gear (if they got the skill)?

I'm having trouble finding decent enough pugs to be able to make this boss.
    I know the tacts, imo it shouldnt be hard.
    But with all the braindead players on my server, it isnt easy to pug it.

Either make it Puggable, or remove the entire boss >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Langebrød
    It's ridicolous.
    Why should Pveers get free access on s6 and t8 gear, while pvpers has to struggle for weeks to get 1 piece of pvp gear (if they got the skill)?

PvPers have arena and battlegrounds for this gear don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Langebrød
    It's ridicolous.

Same could be said for PvP'ers getting Tier 8 >.<
    This is a good encounter for everyone, gives PvE'ers a chance (very slim) at some decent PvP for off nights and fun (dual spec???)
    Gives PvPer's a chance (very slim) at some decent PvE gear for off nights and fun (dual spec???)