Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

96969 rotation question?

But what is your specific rotation you all are using?

After a shield, I want to open with judgement, but dont and open with

Holy Shield-HotR-Judgment-ShoR-Consercration-continute.

is that similar to everyone else?

Re: 96969 rotation question?

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    But what is your specific rotation you all are using?

After a shield, I want to open with judgement, but dont and open with

Holy Shield-HotR-Judgment-ShoR-Consercration-continute.

is that similar to everyone else?
    Depends on the fight really...

Hard hitting bosses: The rotation you mentioned
    I use them in a different order for softer hitting bosses and trash though.

The rotation isn't dependent on where you start as long as its 969.

Right before the mob gets you, you want HS up though, if you want to open with Judgment, you leave yourself open for for a hit for 1.5 sec before you get your HS off, as judgment = 9 and HS = 9 and you need a 6 between them or its not 969.

Personally i'd cast HS first, HotR, Judge. There is no real gain to getting a judgment off before HotR, and all it serves to do is screw up your TPS/DPS at the very start of a pull where it can matter most.

If youre not worried about inc damage so much, with Judgment+SoV+Exo glyphes, is Holy Shield Replacement 969. Holy shield only gets cast every 18 seconds, and Exorcism gets added to the rotation every 18 seconds, or every other HS is an Exo. Even more effective on undead.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

In my raid yesterday i tryied to find a new rotation with 8 minutes judgement and exsorcism (since i was in naxx almost every boss is undead os it works) i found out a preaty nice rotation. it is DS->Judgement->CS->Exorsism->Cons and all over again. i had problems cos i had still hte 4 set bonus in t7 and judgement was refressing 1 second earlier than DS, and sometimes i pressed it, but it works very good. And if you get 2 crits at the start you get a better dot.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

ow, you are talking about prot... sry ... :-X

Martini

What about the Libram proc?
    Does it not count towards Shield or the Righteous Damage?
    I havent really looked into testing it, but I assume it does and I just do something along these lines:

AV->HS->HotR->Judge->SotR->conc->Hotr->wait,wait,Judge->Shield

The wait wait is a 2 second wait because Judgement isnt back up yet.

Like I said I havent tested the TPS vs just going straight 9696969696969696969696969 and not worrying about the block value from the libram, this is just an assumption. I may even be wrong about what the buff is from the libram.

Confirm deny anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Martini
    What about the Libram proc?
    Does it not count towards Shield or the Righteous Damage?
    I havent really looked into testing it, but I assume it does and I just do something along these lines:

AV->HS->HotR->Judge->SotR->conc->Hotr->wait,wait,Judge->Shield

The wait wait is a 2 second wait because Judgement isnt back up yet.

Like I said I havent tested the TPS vs just going straight 9696969696969696969696969 and not worrying about the block value from the libram, this is just an assumption. I may even be wrong about what the buff is from the libram.

Confirm deny anyone?
    You get the buff up for 66% of all SotR hits with 969; assuming you're not hitting for under ~2k for SotR then 969 is more threat from your SotR hits than pushing it back, then there's the rest of the rotation being broken to consider.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

So there is a slight time lag in the rotation for everyone?

before moving back into it?

that you would fill with exorcism or AS if it is up from its longer cooldowns.

I dont hold on to the rotation that strictly. I mainly start off with AS. What move I start the rotation with depends on what I'm tanking. When tanking one mob: Judge->ShoR->HS->HotR->Cons->Judge->etc. When tanking more mobs I usually use: HotR->Cons->Judge->ShoR->HS->HotR->etc.

For me its basicly 86868-86868-8... or when I start with HotR 68-86868-8... (8 because all cooldowns are 8 sec, 2/2 imp judge) and not 9696969. I do it like this because it's easier to do, it works fine and won't give me any threat problems. Also this way ShoR always comes after Judge which is nice for them libram BV buff.

With long fights or fights with many undead/demon adds I just use AS/Exo/HW whenever I see its off CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    So there is a slight time lag in the rotation for everyone?

before moving back into it?

that you would fill with exorcism or AS if it is up from its longer cooldowns.

theres no lag time ever, you're rotation gets turned around as you keep going.

the entire rotation goes through about 3 cycles before you return to where you started.

for a typical trash mob i do:

HS, Hotr, conc, sotr, judge, hotr, hs, sort, conc, hotr, judge, sotr.

you see how it gets turned around?

you just gotta watch ur cooldowns carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricodyn
    I dont hold on to the rotation that strictly. I mainly start off with AS. What move I start the rotation with depends on what I'm tanking. When tanking one mob: Judge->ShoR->HS->HotR->Cons->Judge->etc. When tanking more mobs I usually use: HotR->Cons->Judge->ShoR->HS->HotR->etc.

For me its basicly 86868-86868-8... or when I start with HotR 68-86868-8... (8 because all cooldowns are 8 sec, 2/2 imp judge) and not 9696969. I do it like this because it's easier to do, it works fine and won't give me any threat problems. Also this way ShoR always comes after Judge which is nice for them libram BV buff.

With long fights or fights with many undead/demon adds I just use AS/Exo/HW whenever I see its off CD.
    I suppose that works if you want inferior TPS/DPS

also, as for implying holy wrath or exorcism into the rotation, i just substitute it in place of a judgement.

you can cycle through you're whole 969 rotation twice before it comes off the target.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

If you are worried about not hitting the rots properly get OmniCC or something equive that shows the CD's on ur toolbar =D. I try to stick to the constant 969696 rot but sometimes i get out of synch... havent found it to have a severe inpact on my TPS/DPS at all. But once you get into a Rhythym its actually easy to maintain as the one you are about to use pops off CD =D

Deleted

For me its basicly 86868-86868-8... or when I start with HotR 68-86868-8... (8 because all cooldowns are 8 sec, 2/2 imp judge) and not 9696969. I do it like this because it's easier to do, it works fine and won't give me any threat problems.
    It's not 969 because of the individual cds... it's because of the gcd :

If you still use something different than 969 as prot, you haven't fully understood prot tanking yet.

I do:

Trash mobs = Consecration, HotR, 9,6,9,6....

Boss = Judgement, Shield of Righteousness, 9,6,9,6...

Like 80% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    also, as for implying holy wrath or exorcism into the rotation, i just substitute it in place of a judgement.

you can cycle through you're whole 969 rotation twice before it comes off the target.
    Exo on CD is better if you dont mine HS dropoff.

% 0.0 - (9) Holy Shield #1
    % 1.5 - (6) Hammer of the Righteous #1
    % 3.0 - (9) Exorcism #1 - next at 18
    % 4.5 - (6) Shield of Righteousness #1
    % 6.0 - (9) Judgment #1
    % 7.5 - (6) HotR #2
    % 9.0 - (9) Consecration #1 Holy shield drops off at 10.0 (2s gap)
    %10.5 - (6) ShoR #2
    %12.0 - (9) Holy Shield #2
    %13.5 - (6) HotR #3
    %15.0 - (9) Judgment #2
    %16.5 - (6) ShoR #3
    %18.0 - (9) Exorcism #2 - next at 33
    %19.5 - (6) HotR #4
    %21.0 - (9) Consecration #2 Holy shield drops off at 22.0 (2s gap)
    %22.5 - (6) ShoR #4
    %24.0 - (9) Holy Shield #3
    %25.5 - (6) HotR #5
    %27.0 - (9) Judgment #3
    %28.5 - (6) ShoR #5
    %30.0 - (9) Consecration #3
    %31.5 - (6) HotR #6
    %33.0 - (9) Exorcism #3 - next at 48, Holy shield drops off at 34.0 (2s gap)
    %34.5 - (6) ShoR #6
    %36.0 - (9) Holy Shield #4
    %37.5 - (6) HotR #7
    %39.0 - (9) Judgment #4
    %40.5 - (6) ShoR #7
    %42.0 - (9) Consecration #4
    %43.5 - (6) HotR #8
    %45.0 - (9) Holy Shield - refreshed before it expires
    %46.5 - (6) ShoR
    %48.0 - (9) Exorcism - next at 63

Quote Originally Posted by Flitter
    It's not 969 because of the individual cds... it's because of the gcd :

If you still use something different than 969 as prot, you haven't fully understood prot tanking yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erionn
    I suppose that works if you want inferior TPS/DPS
    Why are there so many people like these two above who think there is just only one way to do it right? There are more ways to good tanking. Mine rotation works fine and gives me enough DPS/TPS to get all aggro. You both have never seen me tanking or heard anyone about me who said I don't do it well. So you should probably check some things first before saying I do inferior TPS or that I don't fully understand prot tanking.

Deleted

Your rotation depends fully on wheter you want to rotate left or right, obviously ( Duh! )

If you want to rotate counter clock-wise you want to be pressing "A" or go bind a new key to "Turn left" in your keybindings.
    If you want to rotate clock-wise you want to be pressing "D" or go bind a new key to "Turn right" in your keybindings!

Hope this helps out your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest
    The rotation isn't dependent on where you start as long as its 969.

Right before the mob gets you, you want HS up though, if you want to open with Judgment, you leave yourself open for for a hit for 1.5 sec before you get your HS off, as judgment = 9 and HS = 9 and you need a 6 between them or its not 969.
    I don't mind taking a hit when the mobs don't hit hard (such as trashes) and would rather consecrate before doing HS.

Why are there so many people like these two above who think there is just only one way to do it right? There are more ways to good tanking. Mine rotation works fine and gives me enough DPS/TPS to get all aggro. You both have never seen me tanking or heard anyone about me who said I don't do it well. So you should probably check some things first before saying I do inferior TPS or that I don't fully understand prot tanking.
    If youre keeping aggro, then what do you care? In terms of TPS, your rotation IS inferior. Don't blame the player, blame the game.

Quote Originally Posted by iglocska
    I don't mind taking a hit when the mobs don't hit hard (such as trashes) and would rather consecrate before doing HS.
    Im sure your healers love hearing things like that.

You can consecrate after the pull and still get HS off before they get to you.