Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spesial mounts for PvE (like frostwyrm for PvP)

I have been thinking about this since the day I found out that the top 0.5% of pvpers will get the frostwyrm mount. We all know that pvpers with alot of money can buy them self to achivment, tokens, and mounts (like the one from sart+3).
    So I was thinking about a mount that only real raiders can get, maybe something like 10 first on server or server first to down the lich king. Maybe some pvpers can buy themself to this, but I dont think alot of ppl would say "no, I would rather have some money then the uniqe achivment + mount that shows Im a one of the best raiders on my server".

Re: Spesial mounts for PvE (like frostwyrm for PvP)

The achievement/Sarth mounts are currently about the same %age as Frostwyrms

The frostwyrm indeed is a spesial mount.

Stop yer yappin about the effing Frostwyrm, those who get it have deserved it, they are the top .5% the Arena teams that's harder to buy than say a Sarth 3D drake.

Arthas's flying whiner?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs
    The frostwyrm indeed is a spesial mount.

Stop yer yappin about the effing Frostwyrm, those who get it have deserved it, they are the top .5% the Arena teams that's harder to buy than say a Sarth 3D drake.
    /Agree. I really wish idiots would stop whining about the Gladiator Frostwyrm. I am not going to get one, nor did I even actively particpate in Arena this season and I'm not upset. PVE will get its frostwyrm. There is the model for the good looking Frostwyrm in the gamefiles. This is not a big deal.

And besides PVE has way way mroe unique mounts than PVP that are far more accesible than the Gladiator mounts. ZG mounts, ZA Bear(in the past), the proto-drakes, etc. Stop crying because you are on a 1300 Arena team because you "don't have the right combo".

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    Arthas's flying whiner?
    Well Im just saying if you are a good skilled pvper with alot of money you can get whatever you want. All you do is buy spots, so I would love to se a mount for PvE ONLY! one you cant buy for money (spots). and should be like pvp, for the top only (maybe even only top 0.1%)

And besides PVE has way way mroe unique mounts than PVP that are far more accesible than the Gladiator mounts. ZG mounts, ZA Bear(in the past), the proto-drakes, etc. Stop crying because you are on a 1300 Arena team because you "don't have the right combo".
    So your saying ppl wasnt able to get buy spots for ZG and ZA?
    On my old server (BÅS serveren haomarush!) you could buy spots for ZA and buy tier6 tokens in sunwell if you had the money.

Back then you could also buy boosts to high ratings.

I suppose you could buy the 25 man achievements but considering the amount of achievements you need i don't think that's very feasible. Besides, the Black Proto Drake reward is getting removed next patch so that's your PvE mount reward right there.

Yepp, there's not so many guilds out there that got the glory of the raider heroic achievment. And if u want a rare raidmount u got it in 3.1. i don't think we will see so many Mymirons head flying around, it will problably be as rare as the phoenix.
    Happy troll since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjin
    I have been thinking about this since the day I found out that the top 0.5% of pvpers will get the frostwyrm mount. We all know that pvpers with alot of money can buy them self to achivment, tokens, and mounts (like the one from sart+3).
    So I was thinking about a mount that only real raiders can get, maybe something like 10 first on server or server first to down the lich king. Maybe some pvpers can buy themself to this, but I dont think alot of ppl would say "no, I would rather have some money then the uniqe achivment + mount that shows Im a one of the best raiders on my server".
    There are way more rare PvE mounts then PvP mounts,

/arnaldvoice "quit your whining"

would rock to get a alar look alike mount for pve, only reson i would like it to be for pve, is cuz i dont pvp that much myself

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenn
    would rock to get a alar look alike mount for pve, only reson i would like it to be for pve, is cuz i dont pvp that much myself
    *Confused face*

I don't mind top PvPers getting really cool mounts, even some that have no PvE equivalents, I just don't feel it's proper for them to get frostwyrm in particular. First, it's heavily centered in PvE side of the game, second there's no reason for *anyone* to get them yet since there's no indication in the game that alliance/horde/goblins are somehow creating or taming them.

As for mounts for top PvE'rs, the raiding metas are intended to do just that, particularly since the mounts are only available for a limited time. Things like maly's drake or phoenix, however are not even close since they just require luck, not skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    Yepp, there's not so many guilds out there that got the glory of the raider heroic achievment. And if u want a rare raidmount u got it in 3.1. i don't think we will see so many Mymirons head flying around, it will problably be as rare as the phoenix.
    (I'll add a "as things stand" disclaimer right at the start here)

Currently the Ulduar "do all the achievments" proto-drakes (which are 310% speed) DON'T require "kill everything without dying". Even if they do "kill everything without dying" is each boss, not in the same raid lock.

PVE mounts will be VERY easy to get for any semi-decent (already cleared everything/3D tries looking VERY promising) raid guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I can't believe i'm the first to say it..

"spesial"

:

Quote Originally Posted by shyara
    I can't believe i'm the first to say it..

"spesial"

:
    I was thinking the exact same thing =).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenn
    Yeah, uhmm.... what?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32458 (just in case you really weren't aware)

There's definitely a helluva lot more rare and acheivement based pve mounts.

Drake from Sarth3d.
    drake from Malygos
    Heroic:Glory of the Raider
    Glory of the Raider
    Heroic Dungeon Master(or whatever the hell the name is)

However, it would be cool that the server first on Alagon, each person is awarded a mount, thus it wouldn't just be a title. So this way it would be based on the top guild getting the acheivement, just the same as the top pvp teams getting their mount.

The only problem I see with awarding server firsts with really cool things is a massive drama that can happen in the guild when deciding who exactly will be in the instance and who will be out after a few good attempts when it looks like the boss is going down soon.

Rofl@thispost.

PvE mounts have been dropping since almost the first files in wow.

Here's an example.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13335 Deathcharger's Reins.

You wanna cry about the top .5% of arena teams getting frostwyrms when there are 65% less arena teams in season 5 than there were in season 4.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ the stupidity of people amazes me sometimes.

Instead of crying about it, try this, its a simple 6 step solution.

1. Go buy a gun.
    2. Buy some bullets.
    3. Load Gun.
    4. Shoot self in face.
    5. Die.
    6. Win.

Do us all a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthiras
    I don't mind top PvPers getting really cool mounts, even some that have no PvE equivalents, I just don't feel it's proper for them to get frostwyrm in particular. First, it's heavily centered in PvE side of the game, second there's no reason for *anyone* to get them yet since there's no indication in the game that alliance/horde/goblins are somehow creating or taming them.

As for mounts for top PvE'rs, the raiding metas are intended to do just that, particularly since the mounts are only available for a limited time. Things like maly's drake or phoenix, however are not even close since they just require luck, not skill.
    Explain how the PvPers magically got Nether Drakes in s1 & 2 before Nethwing dailies then ???
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.