Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 3.1.0 - PTR Build 9733

Patch 3.1.0 - PTR Build 9733
    A new build has been deployed on test realms, stay tuned for all the changes!

Talent Calculator - Build 9733
    The Talent Calculator has been updated to the latest build.

Glyph Changes
    Druid
    • Glyph of Survival Instincts - Your Survival Instincts ability grants an additional 10% of your maximum health.
    • Glyph of Savage Roar - Your Savage Roar ability grants an additional 3% bonus damage done. (Down from 6%)
    Mage
    • Glyph of Molten Armor - Your Molten Armor grants an additional 20% (Up from 15%) of your spirit as critical strike rating.
    Priest
    • Glyph of Hymn of Hope - Your Hymn of Hope lasts an additional 2 sec.
    Warlock
    • Glyph of Succubus - Your Succubus's Seduction ability also removes all damage over time effects from the target. (Old - Increases the duration of your Succubus's Seduction by 3 sec.)

Class Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Frost
    • Howling Blast cooldown has been reduced from 10 sec to 8 sec.
    • Rime now has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Howling Blast and cause your next Howling Blast to consume no runes.
    Unholy
    • Death Strike damage has been lowered, it now deals 60% weapon damage (down from 75%) plus 178.2 (down from 222.75) for Rank 5.
    • Night of the Dead has been moved from Tier 8 to Tier 4.
    • Ghoul Frenzy has been moved from Tier 6 to Tier 7.
    • Master of Ghouls has been moved from Tier 4 to Tier 6.

Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Feral
    Restoration
    • Revitalize now gives your Rejuvenation and Wild Growth spells have a 5/10/15% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick. (Old - No info on the % in the tooltip)

Mage (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Fire
    • Living Bomb AOE damage has been greatly increased. Rank 3 now deals 690 Fire damage (up from 306) to all enemies within 10 yards.
    • Molten Armor now increases your critical strike rating by 35% of your spirit. (Up from 25%)
    • Improved Scorch now Increases your chance to critically hit with Scorch, Fireball and Frostfire Bolt by an additional 1/2/3%. (Old - Scorch only, 3/6/9%)
    Frost
    • Ice Barrier now prevents spellcasting from being delayed by damage. (Old - prevented spells from interruption)
    • Winter's Chill now also Increases your chance to critically hit with Frostbolt by an additional 1/2/3%.

Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Retribution
    • Seal of the Martyr now makes all your melee attacks deal [ 48% of weapon damage ] (up from 22%) additional Holy damage. Unleashing this Seal's energy instantly causes [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of min weapon damage ] to [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of max weapon damage ] (Down from 16/25/36%) Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.
    • Seal of Blood now makes all your melee attacks deal [ 48% of weapon damage ] (up from 22%) additional Holy damage. Unleashing this Seal's energy instantly causes [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of min weapon damage ] to [ 11% of AP + 18% of Spell Power + 26% of max weapon damage ] (Down from 16/25/36%) Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.
    • Crusader's Strike has been reverted back to normal - An instant strike that causes 110% weapon damage.
    Protection
    • Divine Guardian *New Talent* - Tier 4 - Improve the effectiveness of your Divine Sacrifice spell by an additional 5/10% and increases the duration of your Sacred Shield by 50/100% and the amount absorbed by 10/20%.

Rogue (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Assassination
    • Lethality now affects all combo point-generating abilities. (Old - all combo moves)

Shaman (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Elemental

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Arms
    • Shattering Throw will now reduce the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec or remove any invulnerabilities. (Old - reduced armor AND removed any invulnerabilities)
    • Bladestorm will now instantly Whirlwind up to 4 nearby targets.
    • Juggernaut now affects both Slam and Mortal Strike
    Fury
    Protection

Re: Patch 3.1.0 - PTR Build 9733

Cats were just too good I guess. Got hit by the Nerf bat.

For pally's they toned down the JoB damage (also tones down the JoB kickback) and they upped the seals damage. Sounds alright to me.

I wonder if Sacred Shield is scaling with Sheath correctly in this build.

Quote Originally Posted by maxuh
    they rlly... rlly gonna lose players when this patch will go live...
    Why? Because stuff is slowly getting balanced in ptr and hopefully trying to be at least decent when patch goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by Frame
    Why? Because stuff is slowly getting balanced in ptr and hopefully trying to be at least decent when patch goes live?
    Because DK tanks are not OP, and because rogues deserve better then this kind of .... uhhmm... stuff.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Runeious

Unholy tank, I'll stay that way

I'm happy to see Blizzard changing their mind so quickly about Imp Zerker, now they might achieve what they wanted (forcing us to wear plate, not leather) while nor nerfing Fury even more.

And since the Shattering Throw change was already mentioned by GC some time ago I can't quite beleive that this build holds buffs for all three Warrior trees and no nerfs... though the Prot changes are... well... meh...?

PS: Boub, you're quite quick deleting firsts today, huh? I concur that action
    "Rend (Rank 1) and Rend (Rank 2) had their damage slightly increased."

can anyone explain what the change is for Lethality from rogues?

we wait and see.......
    if this patch dont fix the pvp issues....and arena still fuk up........then farewell wow

Quote Originally Posted by Surn
    can anyone explain what the change is for Lethality from rogues?
    it now works for Ambush, and they are saying they are fixing burst?
    ffs make our DPS higher, not our burst.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Runeious

Unholy tank, I'll stay that way

Those are some pretty nice buffs for a mage.

Didnt do math but i think a 25 naxx geared mage with around 600 spirit (raid buffed) might get 2-3% extra crit more compared to now.

it now works for Ambush, and they are saying they are fixing burst?
    ffs make our DPS higher, not our burst.
    i havent read any blue posts on it or anything but i think is just word clarification, there was a lot of discussion what a "combo move" was when it was originally changed, i think they are just making it official...i still dont think is gonna affect openers

Protection

Divine Guardian *New Talent* - Tier 4 - Improve the effectiveness of your Divine Sacrifice spell by an additional 5/10% and increases the duration of your Sacred Shield by 50/100% and the amount absorbed by 10/20%.

Srsly, we DO NOT need more filler talents in the prot tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood
    Cats were just too good I guess. Got hit by the Nerf bat.
    No, they weren't. Blizz is just a bunch of assholes who really don't care much for Ferals.
    Primal Gore is just like Berserk was before implementation. Get our hopes up for a good talent then nerf it into a piece of crap. I'm very concerned about our DPS not scaling now at higher levels with Savage Roar changes.

Meh, nothing big. Probably running out of builds which means patch is coming Soon™

Trimming the SoB/M changes we get this:

Code:
    Seal of the Martyr now makes all your melee attacks deal [Numbers] additional Holy damage.

Unleashing this Seal's energy instantly causes [Numbers] Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.
    For reference, the old text:

Code:
    All melee attacks deal [Numbers] additional Holy damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted. Lasts 30 min.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing [Numbers] Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.
    So recoil on the judge is still 33%, but gone from seal damage? We can hold off judging to pass raid damage situations without GC's utterly insane recommendation to burn 28% of base mana swap out seals. My only concern would be that JotW is ALL of our regen without losing a DPS glyph for Glyph of Seal of Blood and theory leaves us at time till OOM with no judging at what, 20 seconds?

I am waiting for the Ghostcrawler post with "Oh, that was just something we were thinking about, it wasn't supposed to go live on the PTR and may never make it into the class."

No Priest or Warlock changes?

;_;

I think this is a big buff to Warrior Prot.

If I am reading this right... before Imp Defensive stance only raised your melee damage, which to me means only your white hits (aka standard swing)

Now that it is increasing PHYSICAL damage by 5/10%, is that really a 5/10% buff to all Warrior abilities that do physical damage? which is everything?

Heroic strike, devestate, S slam, revenge, shockwave, tclap, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    I think this is a big buff to Warrior Prot.

If I am reading this right... before Imp Defensive stance only raised your melee damage, which to me means only your white hits (aka standard swing)

Now that it is increasing PHYSICAL damage by 5/10%, is that really a 5/10% buff to all Warrior abilities that do physical damage? which is everything?

Heroic strike, devestate, S slam, revenge, shockwave, tclap, etc.
    I really wanted somebody else to confirm this - exactly what I was thinking.

Melee = white damage
    Physical = all warrior damage

Correct? Pls someone else confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by iGREASE
    No Priest or Warlock changes?

;_;
    Are you kidding? They botched the priest changes (as long as the mana regen is nerfed for healing priests, the job's done), and they didn't do anything significant with locks yet.. Oh, you were expecting actual positive changes, sorry pallys and DKs are hogging those.

Do you honestly think so? Do you have any idea how many times this has been said about much more "game breaking" patches? Do you know how many more millions of people have started playing since?