Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.1.0 - PTR Build 9733

SoB seems to be broken on PTR, the tooltip reflect the changes but my SoB proc still does same damages as live.

Quote Originally Posted by delage35
    Believe it or not, the largest percentage of DKs are blood spec.
    If you meant unholy spec, you'd be right.

http://armory-musings.appspot.com/cl...ry?patch=3.0.8

Data is your friend.

I just want an awesome rogue change, just for once. I don't want a buff to burst, just to my pve-dps or pvp-mobility or a vanish-won't-fail-this-time thing.
    forumz addict :>

Hey everyone. Glad some people are stoked about upcoming changes, but as someone who has decently geared feral druid and a warlock (druid is getting its paws wet in arena, 733 res atm) kinda disappointed.

Primal gore I thought would be the turning point in feral dps, not just in PVE but in PVP. For example, can you imagine having a 90% crit chance on loathweb and applying your most powerful bleeds? Lacerates critting would help me keep aggro say in a fight like Malygos where dps actually gave me one hell of a challenge (favorite fight in this game btw).

Rake/Rip critting would let me not waste my energy/combo points on critting a well-geared holy paladin or dk for...I don't know 4k...it would let me apply damage that cannot be stopped (reduced perhaps by shit like IBF/grace) as well as giving me the option to stun at will with maim.

Anyways, this goes out to the PTR testers...are my dreams of PVE tanking in one spec and PVP cat/bear dps and PVE cat dps in 2 specs gone? Rake ticks for 1550 easy without raid buffs at the moment...telling me I'm not going to see 3100 damage popping up next to all those white hits makes me wonder who thought up primal gore in the first place...my 2 cents I guess.

All flask that where made before 3.1 where change to give you 2 of them.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by delage35
    Now its perfectly clear and it will apply to everything from sinister strike, hemorrhage, and shiv to cheap shot, ambush, and garrote. Up to 30% buff to stealth openers, the rest is the same as it was.
    Talent calculator says:
    "Increases the critical strike damage bonus of all combo point-generating abilities that do not require stealth by 6/12/18/24/30%"

The no-stealth limitation did not go away, the change is merely a clarification of what a "combo move" is.
    Originally Posted by Eyonix
    We see comments on the difficulty of a raid dungeon every time we've released one since after Blackwing Lair. The complaints never come from the players who actually did any of the content interestingly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    [size=3]
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Glyph Changes
    Druid
    • Glyph of Savage Roar - Your Savage Roar ability grants an additional 3% bonus damage done. (Down from 6%)

Class Spell Changes
    Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Feral

OMFG they had to nerf our buff. Now we will porb be at the bottom of the dps like before....

Quote Originally Posted by Kharthus
    If you meant unholy spec, you'd be right.

http://armory-musings.appspot.com/cl...ry?patch=3.0.8

Data is your friend.
    You might want to scroll down and check the Talent Builds. Top there is blood, and the 0/32/39 spec's are more frost than unholy, despite the talent points saying otherwise.

Crap, there goes my death pact ability.. weh >
    My pala (Cleai)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Cleai

Quote Originally Posted by Alemayehu
    ... For example, can you imagine having a 90% crit chance on loathweb and applying your most powerful bleeds? ...
    no, I can't imagine that, but i can imagine having 100% crit on loatheb

tbh i dont like the retri changes. Surely they tuned down our burst dmg but there are some issues :

1) CS is still the same old boring useless skill
    2) Is the buff to SoM enough to compensate for the previous crit nerf and the current judgement nerf? I havent test it yet but i dont think it is. Best case scenario it's about the same or a tad more, which means that we'll still be at the bottom of the dps list
    3) The recoil is still there. Yes it is nerfed but it's still there. It's a fact that retri paladins are the only class that have to hurt themselves to deliver rly low if not the lowest dps ingame. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    4) There's still no useful way to spend 10+ talent points. I dont know if they're planing sth about it but i'm not optimistic. Seeing the changes till now i'm disapointed. Nothing fresh nothing creative. I dont see why would they come up with any nice new ideas about our 10+ useless talent points
    5) SoC sux even more now.
    6) Our mana regen is still an issue.

Conclusion : Retribution is currently the worse class talent tree ingame. One could say it's broken and that wouldnt be far from the truth. To change that, serious changes are required. Not just the usual old crap aka tune up or down the seal dmg. The mechanics of the tree need to be reworked.

Currently there are no signs of such acts. So retridins will remain at the same point they always were which is at the bottom of the dps list and the most undesired class in a raid. Especially now that they dont have anything special to offer.

My advice : Reroll and dont waste your time with a broken class if u want to have a guaranteed raid spot and do competitive dps. I've already switched to warlock and i'm really happy that i dont have to worry about such crap ;D

Nienor, that's some good ol' trollin' you've got there!

I like to see spirit really becoming a part of mage's setup. I'm starting to get a feel that it may lean too much that way, though. Let's hope spirit doesn't become the be-all, end-all stat to stack?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

You accuse me of trolling. Plz prove me wrong in one of my six points and i'll admit i'm trolling. If you cant then plz stfu

"5) SoC sux even more now."

there was no change on SoC

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    You might want to scroll down and check the Talent Builds. Top there is blood, and the 0/32/39 spec's are more frost than unholy, despite the talent points saying otherwise.
    You have no idea how to read those stats.

Yes, the 0/32/39 of all specs is the most common spec. All that means is that Blood DKs tend more toward a single set of talents than Unholy or Frost DKs.
    Blood DKs on the whole are still in the minority, they just all happen to spec the same way as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa
    Are you actually suggesting that feral dps was too high (and above others) on PTR?
    The only thing above them on a stand still fight was hat rogues which are terrible for progression. This might bring it down where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonebreaker
    "5) SoC sux even more now."

there was no change on SoC
    Ignorance is bliss. soc will be even less popular cause the som dmg has been normalized. so everyone will use SoM instead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjin
    OMFG they had to nerf our buff. Now we will porb be at the bottom of the dps like before....
    bottom of the dps? never were never will be down there.. unless you suck .
    but yea it suck ass that they nerfed PG

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    and here he starts to talk himself out of it.

how do u decide if a spec is "more" frost than unholy?
    if it is not by the amount of talent points in a tree, then is it by how deep u go into it?
    or is it going by what skills such a dk uses the most?
    or wait, is it some own made-up scale to fit ur own arguments?

the talent build list down there makes a difference between different 0/32/39 specs, if u did not notice. that a blood is on the top just tells us that blood has a certain build that is flavored over others. it does NOT imply in any way that blood is the most common spec overall.

oh, and even if u shift over enough from unholy to frost, so that unholy falls below blood.
    then ... frost will have a higher percentage than blood.

Sigh.

They do realise that when you nerf the burst damage Ret does in Arena they take away the only, ONLY, thing that makes us even the slightly successful in there?

And you who say that Ret's are OP in the arena. Do you play in the 1000-1200 rating area with your mount as the only thing keybound? Just stfu and look at the brackets.

I mean, now we got shit. No burst, (hardly) no CC, no interrupt, no snare. Back to white hit swinging bubble dancing hammer of lol shit with absolutely no fucking effect on a good geared healer.