Ulduar - u ppl on ptr, how hard is it

Just have a little question, ofcourse the raid will be harder, but how much harder? compared with other raids from vanilla/tbc?

tyvm

Burh

Re: Ulduar - u ppl on ptr, how hard is it

Quote Originally Posted by Robotbaby
    I've pugged every test and the only boss we downed was Flame Leviathan with shirts.

There's no question that it's harder than Naxx. I'd say it's similar to SSC/TK diffcaulty, maybe a bit easier.
    I may be speculating here, but I don't think anyone ever pugged SSC/TK right after release.. so I'm going to assume it's still significantly easier than those two raids were.

Quote Originally Posted by Capta
    I may be speculating here, but I don't think anyone ever pugged SSC/TK right after release.. so I'm going to assume it's still significantly easier than those two raids were.
    He said they pugged them, but only downed one of the bosses. So it might actually be like SSC/TK.

I like cake but this is too much...
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

tryed a few bosses. Wasnt hard. Dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMonkey913
    He said they pugged them, but only downed one of the bosses. So it might actually be like SSC/TK.
    What I meant was no one ever came close to downing ANY bosses in TK/SSC right after their release with a pug. Probably not even lootreaver, but he may be the exception.(if somone has evidence otherwise please shove it in my face).

Quote Originally Posted by Capta
    What I meant was no one ever came close to downing ANY bosses in TK/SSC right after their release with a pug. Probably not even lootreaver, but he may be the exception.(if somone has evidence otherwise please shove it in my face).
    However when SSC/TK was released you wouldn't be able to find pugs that had the gear to get in there. I'm guessing most people running Ulduar have full, or close to full, 25 man gear and add to that the shirt of uberness or whatever it's called which raises your stats to something akin to full Ulduar 25-man gear and you should out gear the normal instance but ready for the hard mode.

I'm guessing if people had TK gear stat wise and didn't have to worry about attunments there would have been pugs downing felreaver and the lurker below.
    Doom Lord Kazzak for President.

15+ Year Old Account

Does Ulduar actually provide a step in progression, meaning you should have naxx+ gear to do it or will people still be hitting 80 and jumping in?

It's definitely harder. Nearly everything in Ulduar has a "Hard Mode" like Sarth 3D, and the few fights I've participated in on the PTR so far on "Easy Mode" have definitely required significantly more coordination than Sarth 3D, and more coordination than anything I remember doing in SSC/TK. But, like Sarth 3D, once your core group of raiders knows and is comfortable with the coordination of any fight, that fight then becomes easy. What Blizzard is doing is making the game playable by the much larger population of casual players that play the game now, but is giving the hardcore raiders who always whine about difficulty something very challenging. And if you aren't in a guild that constantly pushes for those hard modes, even if they have already done them for the achievements, and you are complaining about things being too easy, then chances are, you are not in a guild that is best for you. There are definitely some new, interesting and challenging things going down in Ulduar. Also, the very first fight in the raid, Flame Leviathan, the stats of your vehicle are determined by the item levels of your equipped gear, so if you are in quest greens and craftable blues then you probably wont be able to do Flame Leviathan very well unless they change that mechanic before it goes live. So just that alone will probably prevent brand-new 80's from getting into Ulduar without decent gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Does Ulduar actually provide a step in progression, meaning you should have naxx+ gear to do it or will people still be hitting 80 and jumping in?
    You cannot jump into uldar without being cared by your guild.

Did this as a guild on the ptr and downed a few bosses but not after a handful of wipes and even calling it a night and coming back the next day. The fights are funner, harder, more complex, and again funner. I'd gladly take fun over hard. Although hard makes it fun so ya it's a win win IMO.

Is it SSK/TK hard? Without Kael and Vash around there. SSC/TK might have been harder because we tried to jump into it with 2-5 weeks in kara/gruuls/mag. People have been farming for months. So my guess is if you took a 10 man naxx geared guild with a few 25 naxx items and maybe a few malygos items it would be a rough place to be.

Only tried Flame L and Razorscale so far on the 25 man version
    Took us about 1 hour on each boss before it was down, so atleast for thoose two bosses I would say way easier than sarth 3d or even malygos for that matter.
    But bosses change, and I wouldent be surprised if they were made abit harder once the patch hits the real servers.

Ulduar is way harder then the live-content.
    As winth already mentioned you dont know if those bosses will go live in the way they are,
    but I expect to meet in the beginning some easy doable fights.
    Most have seen the achievments of algalon and yogg-saron. You have to kill half of ulduar in the hardmode to reach those 2.
    There will be alot of hard fights and alot of content for 95% of the community.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by burh
    Just have a little question, ofcourse the raid will be harder, but how much harder? compared with other raids from vanilla/tbc?

tyvm

Burh
    It sure aint swp difficulty but that I don't think anyone would expect either as a follow up instance to the current Naxxramas.. But ye I'd say SCC/TK difficulty though it's yet to be seen if any of the bosses can offer a normal mode fight in KT and Lady'V style (would be more than welcomed by me anyway)... I'd even say perhaps a bit of MH lvl on some of the hardmode fights I've experienced so far.

It's hard to tell for sure though when a lot aren't tuned or finished yet.

Depends on how you look at it:

1. If you have a guild that you have cleared SW pre nerf with, then Ulduar will 2-4 resets to clear (in easy mode).

2. If you want to PUG it? That I think will not be possible for atleast 6 months.

The fights require somewhat skills, its not like in Naxx.
    Impossible is NOTHING!