Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rate my 3.1 Shockadin spec plz

With the changes in 3.1, it looks like the Shockadin may be more than just a frustrating bitch to eventually kill. they may actually be able to do decent damage too?

Check out this spec I made:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9733

Re: Rate my 3.1 Shockadin spec plz

looks fine
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

What is the fucking point in a shockadin specc?

If you want to heal.. specc holy properly, if you want to do damage, specc Ret.

Don't be such a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac3373
    With the changes in 3.1, it looks like the Shockadin may be more than just a frustrating bitch to eventually kill. they may actually be able to do decent damage too?

Check out this spec I made:

I made almost the same spec but instead of PoJ 2/2 and Divine illumination, i took 3/3 Crusade.
    I tested it on PTR and i can say that you can realy do decent damages with a good stuff (when i tried it i was runing in non-gemmed/enchanted healing stuff).
    Surely a good spec to try (but anyway you won't kill a healer)

Rate my 3.1 Shockadi-
    Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferarro
    Stop.
    But Ferraro, holy can do deeps, didnt you know?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

looks great if you want to be good at nothing.

15+ Year Old Account

Hey I hear there's priests out there.

i'd love for shockadin to be a viable spec... but sorry, it just won't be a compatible dps spec in 3.1

edit: ah what the hell.... i'll try your spec with my, admittedly crappy, heal gear.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac3373
    With the changes in 3.1, it looks like the Shockadin...
    This happens every major patch. Damage gets increased in some way shape or form and all of a sudden someone thinks shockadin is back in town.

I can only imagine it's like one guy who reads the PTR note changes begging for some excuse to necro this idea that was never even that good to start with.

"With exo now usable on humans, I think shockadin will make a return."
    "Now that ret is a viable dps tree, I think shockadin will make a return"
    Etc.
    Over and over.

You aren't a different or unique snowflake.

your spec sucks big time.

1812 sp
    22,69% crit

with melee+consecration+how 1100-1200 dps
    without melee+consecration but with how ~1000dps
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Deleted

I tried this spec with crusade and a crappy gear (1k5 SP 28% crit), and i was at 1k5-6 DPS without HoW and AW, if i used AW+trinket procs i could go near 2k dps, which is not so bad for a healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    But Ferraro, holy can do deeps, didnt you know?
    Agreed. But only if they stack Spirit and Spell Pen.

Shockadin is the perfect spec for those who refuse to maximize their potential, in any aspect of the game.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

shockadin... didnt they like kill that at the start of bc or the middle of vanilla?

seriously being a shockadin is like saying hey look at me i have only one use and it's not tanking, damage or healing? you use is to i'll be back when i come up with it
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

I think some people are missing the fact that it's a pvp spec, not a raid dps spec. Who cares if it only does 1.2k DPS, the point is to be an effective pvp healer while being able to take care of anybody who says "lol healer easy kill" and comes your way. It's also nice to be able to help yer mate finish off someone who's at 50%. It's fun and can be effective in pvp if done right. That said, it did kinda die at the end of BC, and I don't see it becoming that effective again.

15+ Year Old Account

Try this one OP.

This is more of a PVP/BG build. It keeps infusion and all of the Crit talents. If you want 1/2 enlightened judgments for the 15 yard range instead of Sanctified Ret you can switch those around. It all depends on how much you want longer range judgments instead of 3% more damage.

If you find you dont need Bacon you dont need to spec into it. Judgments damage is so bad anymore it isnt worth focusing on in 3.1. Exorcism will probably be a better source of damage than JoR. The haste from JoTP is worth more than the damage.

Give it a shot. You will probably end up healing most of the time but throwing shocks around and exo's will help out.

Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

looks pretty sassy for pvp imo

EDIT: posted wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Try this one OP.

This is more of a PVP/BG build. It keeps infusion and all of the Crit talents. If you want 1/2 enlightened judgments for the 15 yard range instead of Sanctified Ret you can switch those around. It all depends on how much you want longer range judgments instead of 3% more damage.

If you find you dont need Bacon you dont need to spec into it. Judgments damage is so bad anymore it isnt worth focusing on in 3.1. Exorcism will probably be a better source of damage than JoR. The haste from JoTP is worth more than the damage.

Give it a shot. You will probably end up healing most of the time but throwing shocks around and exo's will help out.

I'd go with Sanctified Retribution, since holy's judgements are so friggin wussy these days.

EDIT: Hoss, I'd say your spec there is getting into the realm where the healing becomes too poor to be useful enough. But I could be wrong, naturally.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uthad
    I'd go with Sanctified Retribution, since holy's judgements are so friggin wussy these days.

EDIT: Hoss, I'd say your spec there is getting into the realm where the healing becomes too poor to be useful enough. But I could be wrong, naturally.
    Meh... nobody saw 37/00/34 coming in early S5. Now it is so popular they are moving/nerfing infusion specifically to nerf it. Art of war could take infusions place for the instant FoL but without faster HL, Holy is taking a size 13 to the gonads.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.