15+ Year Old Account

Prot pally revised set bonuses for t8

2pc set bonus cool, i understand it. 4pc set bonus is still worded weird for me.

For the 4pc bonus we basically get an extra 225 BV on all SoR attacks and then for 3 secs after...am I reading that correctly? Much better than previous set bonus that gave it to us after we used the attack that uses BV.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Re: Prot pally revised set bonuses for t8

yes, the increased BV will be included on THAT use and for 3 seconds afterwords

Yes you are reading it correctly. It is still not worth going for because the itemization on t8 is complete crap. Its loaded with parry rating. Unless all other pieces from Uludar are crap you are probably better off avoiding your tier. I plan on keeping my two set (shoulders/gloves) from 7.5 for clearing trash and picking up off set items without really going after any tier8.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

You make it sound like a shopping mall of stats. The non-set pieces thus far aren't much better. The best you can do to avoid parry is trade shoulders and gloves for the non-set pieces, giving up parry to gain a little +hit. It's hardly game changing.

As for the set bonus itself: I'm getting really, really, really tired of paladin items that give short burst rewards. What is so hard about just providing a flat Block value bonus rather than one that only lasts 3 seconds? Do they think they're clever making sure it's only up for half the cooldown of Shield of righteousness? Are paladins going to start bulldozing playgrounds if they have a little extra block value for another insignificant 3 seconds? It's the same idiocy on the librams. Tiresome mechanics being rehashed for no discernible reason. I'd laugh my ass off if I ever saw a warrior tanking gun that said "provides 50 stamina for 10 seconds after firing."

15+ Year Old Account

I would totally bulldoze playgrounds! They wouldn't know what hit them, lol.

Seriously, yeah Idk why they just don't give it flatly. Its not like 225 BV is going to make or break you, but it helps. And isn't that the reason for set bonuses, a little extra so you take the tier gear instead of something else?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Seems to me that the 2p is worth it from a threat perspective which, while still not much of an issue, will be getting tighter as we move closer to Icecrown. Look at the DPS, they will be doing a lot more DPS than before, eventually threat will be an issue, and I for one would rather be ahead of the game in that respect.

does the 2pc count for judgement damage too or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcob
    Are paladins going to start bulldozing playgrounds if they have a little extra block value for another insignificant 3 seconds?
    I honestly laughed out loud at work. That is just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    does the 2pc count for judgement damage too or not...
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Yes you are reading it correctly. It is still not worth going for because the itemization on t8 is complete crap. Its loaded with parry rating. Unless all other pieces from Uludar are crap you are probably better off avoiding your tier. I plan on keeping my two set (shoulders/gloves) from 7.5 for clearing trash and picking up off set items without really going after any tier8.
    I am trying to understand why you'd keep the shoulders when they too have parry rating on them. Please explain. Not to mention that the graphic for T7 is just gawdawful

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Yeah i agree with chron on this however i was just wonderng how viable hit rating is i mean we have the expertise rating to counter it out really considering all of our skeet is spells and 17% is damn hard to reach as a tank. Also the whole 102% thing that a prot pala can reach means that there is a very low chance of being parry gibbed.

Also the T8 2set is a bit shit tbh. They should have done something a bit better like allowed Corru to stack like 2 more or something. And the fact that it does not work on the judements is a bit gay aswell
    Lemon Juice