Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3.1.0 PTR Patch Notes Update - 03/27

no, it is not ridiculous for you to be completely undergeared (just getting gear this week) and to be crit that much.
    you were likely facing someone wearing best in slot items, possibly with quite a bit of pve gear, sitting at about or over 40% crit.
    who had most likely had SR up, and blown their cooldowns.

400 resilience rating is 4.87% off crit damage, not 10% (you must be using level 70 values).
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Resilience

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    lol fail... what are you a melee mage?
    feral pounces - you blink away.
    feral charges to catch you - iceblock.
    iceblock ends - frost nova + spam slow the feral as you run away and kite them laughing.

now, assuming that feral uses ravage as opener, dumb mages just sit there like IF / Org target dummies (saving blink for a stun that is not coming lol).

only bad mages lose against feral.
    lucky for ferals there are a ton of bad mages.
    - the idiot mage that pops mirror image and then keeps bouncing around is my favorite, along with the one that just sits there in the middle of their mirror images with the feral in melee range to spam swipe kill them.
    You sound like one of those bad Druids that doesn't realize they can shift out of Frost Nova.

no, havenhurst, you dumb dumb.
    obviously the druid can shift out... buying the mage at least one GCD.
    the nova was used to give the mage time to get out of melee range and start slow kiting.
    frost nova is a tool, not an end all be all get out of jail free card.

obviously you are another terribad mage.

god some of the posters here are dumb as bricks.

PvP
    Battlegrounds

* Battleground quests “Concerted Efforts” (Alliance) and “For Great Honor” (Horde) now require an Alterac Valley Mark of Honor in addition to the current requirements. These quests now award more honor upon completion.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I can't do that crap anymore!
    Your you're own enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroyfel
    so are they reducing the amount of dmg it takes to break fear, hex etc?
    or are they increasing the dmg it takes to break it, so that my fear don't break as easily?
    The way I read it, they're reducing the damage threshold for fear to break so (potentially) a single tick of a DoT could break it.

no, havenhurst, you dumb dumb.
    obviously the druid can shift out... buying the mage at least one GCD.
    the nova was used to give the mage time to get out of melee range and start slow kiting.
    frost nova is a tool, not an end all be all get out of jail free card.

obviously you are another terribad mage.

god some of the posters here are dumb as bricks.

because killing mages as feral is sooo hard...

Open with Rake->Maim->Mangle->Shred. Ice block = restealth or powershift out of snares/roots if he breaks right away and tries to run. Running at +50% movement speed + Powershift out of slows isn't that hard to catch a mage unless he blinks.

Blink? BEAR charge for the 4 second root. Switch to caster and cast roots, you get CS'ed of course. Back to bear and bash, root when the CS wears off. Resume DPS, using maim as a root. Really not that hard.

you made another new account to cry about how bad you are as a mage?
    thanks for the epic lulz.

me? i'm a druid...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nd&n=Aliandren

Quote Originally Posted by aliandren
    Open with Rake->Maim->Mangle->Shred.
    Wait.. what ?

I see what you're saying now blahblah, maybe they just got a high end crit, good pve gear, and had bonus damage cooldowns (like my avenging wrath) up or something to explain the burst. But I think you are mistaken, unless I'm stupid and blind lol, but I think you are thinking I am talking about crit chance, instead of crit damage; the resilience of 400 might take off 4.87% chance to be crit, but it takes like 10% or so damage off of crits when you do get crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Wait.. what ?
    yeah, rake does almost as much damage as pounce, takes less time to do it, costs less so you can get more attacks in before block or blink...try it sometime. It works out a lot better than pounce or ravage. Ravage sucks against mages, you need a bleed up for your shreds to max damage (bleeding/stunned/mangle shred does more damage than ravage, and for less energy...)

Oh, and rake can crit for 2 CP maim (4 seconds incap atm) allowing more time for your opener. Pounce is simply a 4 second stun that will get blinked out of.

3.1 I'd probably use pounce since they can blink out of maim. Fight will change a little, but feral with opener should always have the upper hand.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Engineering
    • Engineers can now obtain the schematics for Lil' Smoky and the Pet Bombling from certain creatures found in Gnomeregan. Specialized Gnomish or Goblin engineers can obtain both schematics equally. The repeatable quest that used to randomly grant these schematics has been disabled.
    Awesome, except that it's not saving my engineering profession unless there's a hojillion more changes not being put out yet for 3.1. Once I get that Pet Bombling schematic, my engineering profession goes *poof* if there's not more.[/list]

Quote Originally Posted by Vazor
    I see what you're saying now blahblah, maybe they just got a high end crit, good pve gear, and had bonus damage cooldowns (like my avenging wrath) up or something to explain the burst. But I think you are mistaken, unless I'm stupid and blind lol, but I think you are thinking I am talking about crit chance, instead of crit damage; the resilience of 400 might take off 4.87% chance to be crit, but it takes like 10% or so damage off of crits when you do get crit.
    An undergeared ret paladin...yeah that is going to eat a big crit. You expect you will not take a big crit b/c you're in plate? After FFF an undergeared pally is going to have maybe 40% DR from armor, 10% from your resil. If the guy has grim toll proc up your armor is going to be more like 30% reduction. You also neglect to mention if he had BG berserking buff or not, that would easily tip the scales. FB damage is and will be fine, getting a reliable crit in with it was one of the only things that made it useful. Honestly that talent should just be reworked from the ground up.

You're really, really, REALLY smart, aren't you?

I'm not sure how either of my posts gave you the feeling I was crying about my lack of skill as a Mage. My posts were made to point out that you are dumb as hell.

P.S. Slow is a 41 point talent that not everyone has.

You Ferals need to work on your game. I own Mages.

MuTe

Thing is, you cant let a feral run around free. They are good dps and good cc with alot of stuns. Try going on feral druids when playing arena.. going on a clotie not always wins matches.

Deleted

# Inner Fire: Charges of this buff will now be consumed properly if the priest is attacked while using emotes.

roflmao

Time to start farming AV again?

* Applying a glyph no longer requires a Lexicon of Power. The same rules for switching between dual talent specializations now apply to switching glyphs and cannot be performed while in combat, Battlegrounds (except when Preparation is up), or Arenas (no exceptions).

I see another boom in Inscription coming from this, as now some people may want to carry around extra glyphs to change out on the fly depending on the fight.

Rogue (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    * Deadly Throw: Missile speed increased.
    Yes ... DPS incomming ... this is a huge step to help Rogues in PvE - but IMHo it's massive OP in PvP :/
    Thank you Blizzard ... now i know we are loved by you ...