Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SICK T8 Set bonuses!

Mage

* Mage T8 2P Bonus -- Your Arcane Blast, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, and Fireball spells have a chance to grant you 350 spell power for 15 sec.
    * Mage T8 4P Bonus -- You have a chance for the effect of your Missile Barrage, Hot Streak, or Brain Freeze talent not to be consumed when you cast the spells which benefit.

Well yes, we've seen something like the 2p before, but its good...

But that 4 piece is insane! I think it's a really cool bonus, very original. Wonder how much that will proc?
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Re: SICK T8 Set bonuses!

I'm gonna agree, it's nice to see a new idea in a bonus.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

i think its gonna break the class for most mages out there...

youll have to think for a second to see if something is consumed and itll mess up the mind numbing rotation/button spam ppl are used to

jkjk... seriously though

[i'm fire btw]
    i'm kinda worried about the even more burst damage aka threat from hot streak procs, but tbh...

who the hell cares? these're fun, unique, damage-upping abilities! i'm one happy kitten :3
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

I mean, if MB procs can proc MB procs can proc MB procs, then I might as well start fapping now.

I'm sure we can all agree:

Best set bonuses EVER on mage gear.

Seriously, I did a spit take when I saw the four piece. I can't wait to spam pyroblasts! ;D
    Rule# 1: Do not turn a creature of lesser intelligence into a creature of higher intelligence - Cerebral brain function rarely translates in a polymorph... But sometimes it does. Voracious creatures such as serpents and wolves need not have their predatory instincts honed with a human mind. We feel obligated to quote Small Claims Disaster Case 12651-B, Labeled, "Bartholomew: The Bear who Bears Arms."
    -Polymorphic Rules and Regulations.

They are nice set bonuses, but it still should have been a robe. >

I thought lots of Mages are complaining about mana? lol this set bonus doesn't help the mana issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    I thought lots of Mages are complaining about mana? lol this set bonus doesn't help the mana issue at all.
    No it doesnt, but we will have to cope with it.

They like how our mana is, at least I think thats what they think. Whoa, paradox.
    Rule# 1: Do not turn a creature of lesser intelligence into a creature of higher intelligence - Cerebral brain function rarely translates in a polymorph... But sometimes it does. Voracious creatures such as serpents and wolves need not have their predatory instincts honed with a human mind. We feel obligated to quote Small Claims Disaster Case 12651-B, Labeled, "Bartholomew: The Bear who Bears Arms."
    -Polymorphic Rules and Regulations.

15+ Year Old Account

On a first glance I was fapping away then I started to think...death by GCD. The fear I have is that the proc is prob pretty small, and when you do get it yoru probably already casting but you can get a hotstreak off of that again...so best case scenario it will go something on the lines of :

FB Pyro (proc off t8) [already casting Fb when proc goes off] fb goes oof pyro again etc! Would be great to have a nice long streak over and over of FB pyro HOWEVER agor is going to be retarded! I really hope tanks get something really sexy to hold agro if it procs allot or were gonna be sitting around with procs timing out due to holding back

The 2 piece set however a nice littel trinket Prob will have the standard 45 sec internal cd on teh proc like most of the trinkets have but still It will be nice to have aspecially while waiting on the 4 piece having the 2 2piece bonuses will be very nice as we basically will have *4 (with trinkets) trinket style procs available to us

Looks like a really sexy 4piece for arc mages however....AM producing the proc then that am re proc...but chances are there will be some internal CD as that would be stupidly OP... PEW PEW PEW never worry about other things I gots all my procs up all the time :P Would be fun but the nerf bat that would follow would make such a QQ tsunami id rather it be launched with a small internal CD so that it never gets nerfed after a fiew weeks of glory!

**plz excuse my english second language >.< **

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Since when do blizz devs listen to anyone other than arena mages?? :P

Yea...really cool,oh wait !

->PvE frost don't specc into Brain Freeze !
    ->Missile Barrage is DPS worth casting if not ABx3 stacked?Are you sure?Especially in t8 gear levels.
    ->Fire speccs...how many proccs will be messed up and lost with FFB started right after 1st Pyro and a LB critting giving a new HS?With the recent crit nerfs not many,but still....

2xt7>2xt8...we get almost same bonus spellpower ,but not bonus mana (fights being longer,we're gonna miss those mana....this isn't getting any better).

They are nice (as almost all bonuses),but i wouldn't wet my pants after all

the 2 set is really bad, but the 4 set has asome real potential! grats mages i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Green13

->Missile Barrage is DPS worth casting if not ABx3 stacked?Are you sure?Especially in t8 gear levels.
    I was thinking the same thing. Will it even be worth using missile barrage the second time? Without the 3x AB stacks, it will do a hell of a lot less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatwan
    i think its gonna break the class for most mages out there...

youll have to think for a second to see if something is consumed and itll mess up the mind numbing rotation/button spam ppl are used to

jkjk... seriously though
    but the global cd is like 1.5 seconds(depending on haste) so it won't break anything ;p

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I think I'm going to LOVE this for my mage...

Now if they can make something USEFUL for Resto Shammies... geez

I mean, this is actually useful - more spellpower = more damage/dps = good!
    And the 4set, that's new! New is good! Good is cool! New must also be cool! I mean, Arcane Missile Frenzy for 5 sec. straight... geeeeeez... As if Missile Barrage+ABx3 doesn't piss off mobs enough =P

Congratz Blizzard for pleasing the mage community
    FAIL for boring resto shaman set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by drgmaster909

Congratz Blizzard for pleasing the mage community
    You haven't read about molten armor changes have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnamos
    finally an excuse to use other armors

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amnamos

Lol, /confess. I use mage armor anyways for sustaining mana during raids.

But yeah, for those non-arcane mages, that really sucks. In my raiding experience, Arcane has generally been much higher on the dps meters. Odd how they're further nurfing all other trees and continuing to not touch arcane.

My quick story: I hit 80 and went FFB spec. I didn't have a whole bundle of crit, so dps was a pain. All other mages in my guild were going arcane so I decided to try it, much against my distaste for it. Here's the odd part: I enjoy the DPS I can produce as arcane, I still hate arcane. I'd rather be FFB, Fire , or Frost, but being able to do less than 3kdps is not optimal in a 25man

I am loving the Mage T8 bonuses. As stated earlier in the topic, having 2pc of both while going through the gearing up process will be fun, as long as I am lucky with drops
    Dinnerbone: O cam pn;y see pme [13:04]
    Dinnerbone: Wow I fail at typing [13:04]
    Dinnerbone: I can only see one.
    Dinnerbone on IRC