Page 1 of 3
LastLast

It's official: Blood is dead come 3.1

I'll try to make this as short and to the point as possible.

I was previously running the deep blood with a pet spec on the test realm and was averaging a little over 2700 dps on the boss test dummy in Ebon Hold.

With the changes they've made recently (no more pet for deep blood, DRW nerf, DS nerf), I could not even break 2000 dps on the same test dummy. I was bearly breaking 1900 dps.

I know blood needed some toning down, but a nearly 1000 dps nerf? Are you kidding me?

As far as the other specs. I still can't test unholy due to the lack of glyphs, but I was getting around 2900 dps in Frost.

Blizzard has completely and utterly destroyed the blood spec. With this nerf, I don't even thing you could hold enough aggro to do a blood tanking spec now. Ridiculous. >

Re: It's official: Blood is dead come 3.1

Want to give us a reason or something interesting?

3.1 we can get NotD instead which will mean far more ghoul uptime in a raid setting.

Also, if you can't break 2k on a target dummy, the problem lies between desk and chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa
    I'll try to make this as short and to the point as possible.

I was previously running the deep blood with a pet spec on the test realm and was averaging a little over 2700 dps on the boss test dummy in Ebon Hold.

With the changes they've made recently (no more pet for deep blood, DRW nerf, DS nerf), I could not even break 2000 dps on the same test dummy. I was bearly breaking 1900 dps.

I know blood needed some toning down, but a nearly 1000 dps nerf? Are you kidding me?

As far as the other specs. I still can't test unholy due to the lack of glyphs, but I was getting around 2900 dps in Frost.

Blizzard has completely and utterly destroyed the blood spec. With this nerf, I don't even thing you could hold enough aggro to do a blood tanking spec now. Ridiculous. >
    I have noticed some changes to Blood aswell, but calling it a dead spec is a bit over the top.
    Can you link us your current gear and your specced used on PTR plus your rotation if possible.
    I'm not saying you're lying, but you need something to back up your statement.

Dont test DPS on test dummies. 'Nough said.

Quote Originally Posted by AbandonHope
    Dont test DPS on test dummies. 'Nough said.
    all hail king frost strike

Well the fact is that they nerfed blood dps but only if you do raiding in ptr you can compare the loss with live blood dps.

As for my tests on dummies always on live i have a burst dmg of 4k dps with drw and hysteria(full valorous ,boh,etc) on but on ptr hardly i passes 3k dps with the same cooldowns opened and my average dps was from 3k down to 2600-2700 .

They nerfed really hard he burst dmg that blood has on live and they did it by nerfing falling cruseder rune weapon enc by 50% and nerfing drw 50% in dmg and duration

Like other guys said dummies are not the best way to test dps anyway

Whether it's on a dummy or not is irrelevant, it's a test being conducted using the same method as previous tests so it shows any differences accurately. Although, I have to question the 1000 DPS nerf claim. Sure, we had a nerf, but it's no where near that extensive. I just did a 30 minute test on the Ebon Hold boss dummy and got 3066 DPS, which is only about 400 DPS less than previous tests on the PTR. Painful, sure, but not the end of the world. Besides, they still have time to tweak things a little more if they feel Blood isn't competitive with unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmebad
    Well the fact is that they nerfed blood dps but only if you do raiding in ptr you can compare the loss with live blood dps.

As for my tests on dummies always on live i have a burst dmg of 4k dps with drw and hysteria(full valorous ,boh,etc) on but on ptr hardly i passes 3k dps with the same cooldowns opened and my average dps was from 3k down to 2600-2700 .

They nerfed really hard he burst dmg that blood has on live and they did it by nerfing falling cruseder rune weapon enc by 50% and nerfing drw 50% in dmg and duration

Like other guys said dummies are not the best way to test dps anyway
    When did they nerf Fallen Crusader Rune?
    In the Groves of Death

A while ago. Well, they didn't nerf it per se, just the burst of it. It's 15% str rather than 30%, but it procs way more often.

sigh, were you fully spell damage and melee raid buffed while attacking this dummy? probably not.

Blood was toned down because in a raid setting it scaled far too well with all the buffs being tossed around.

Your probably one of those retards who cares about dps on trash and in heroics.

....well some EJ tests reporting as much as 30% loss in blood dps....so his tests arent that far off.

And the test dummy is there as a benchmark, nothing more; but it does give good indications of how a talent tree is going. I think if they release Blood as it is now, ppl running blood in raids will not be competitive on dps. Just the idea i get from looking at the PTR reports from EJ.

And to the guy above...ur probably one of those retards that cant play, dps or do an encounter so u like to slag ppl off that can.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

they'll probably just keep nerfing/changing random shit until they figure out what sort of values abilities need to have. it will probably change again a few times before it all goes live...

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa
    Ret Pally forums are this way --->

Please take your emo there.

Good, 2 more specs to go and we will have our game back.

Quote Originally Posted by taek
    Ret Pally forums are this way --->

Please take your emo there.
    Ret paladin touch you in the no no spot? It is okay, you can tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    Ret paladin touch you in the no no spot? It is okay, you can tell us.
    Are you even thinking of trying to give us the impression that the qq forum and the paladin forum ain't the same think?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

ret paladin touched my balls once, when i was 6.

Face it... you're getting nerfed. death knights weren't designed to be the strongest everything in WOW. You're going to get nerfed untill blizzard feels comfortable you fit in with the rest. Don't like it? well... um... you know there's nothing you can do about it... threaten to quit... LOL we all know that worked for the millions before you when they nerfed other classes...
    /sarcasm off
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by arcain87
    sigh, were you fully spell damage and melee raid buffed while attacking this dummy? probably not.

Blood was toned down because in a raid setting it scaled far too well with all the buffs being tossed around.

Your probably one of those retards who cares about dps on trash and in heroics.
    Calling me a retard only tells me you're about 12 years old. Thanks.

Test dummies aren't the same as raids, but they are a consistent test, which is why I, and many others, use it to give us an idea of the kind of average damage a particular spec gives you. In every 25 and 10 man raid I've every been in I'm consistently #1 or at the very least top 3 in damage. So some of you may question me, but it's water off a duck's back as far as I'm concerned.

Getting back to the subject at hand, the rotation I use is the standard blood 3.1 rotation of:

IT > PS > HS x4 > DS > DC (until out of RP)

My gear:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rea+52&n=Yagyu

Blood has taken a HUGE hit and I really don't see any reason to spec in it when I do more damage unholy specced WITHOUT any unholy glyphs, and considerably more in Frost! Like I said, blood needed some toning down, but Blizzard went overboard IMO.

Why is your AP so low
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!