Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Spriests OP against rogues?

I'm watching the first one now. So far he seems to be fighting against shamans who don't use purge, and DKs who don't interrupt spells. None of them bother to sacrifice their pet Ghoul to heal themselves either. The rogue he fights starts the fight out of stealth. The paladin didn't bother cleansing debuffs.

The only thing you can learn from the first video is that you can win if you fight bad players. Going through the other two now.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Why do people freaking cry so much; as if our CD wasn't 30 sec (26 if spec'd) - Give me a break, so we dot up 1 or 2 people in BG, scream and maybe they die - - at that same time we are most likely getting owned by someone else cause our cloth is such hardcore armor-> hey check it out how bout we get leather and you can have the fear dot bonus....k?

If you survive a full 30 seconds for your Psychic Scream cooldown against a rogue who wants to kill you in PVP, then he should stop trying to play with his feet.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Why does anyone even care about a rogue now days? They are pretty much the most useless class in the game right now...pvp is their only place of refuge where they can feel as though they are worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by drf691
    Why does anyone even care about a rogue now days? They are pretty much the most useless class in the game right now...pvp is their only place of refuge where they can feel as though they are worth something.
    Go back to QQ'ing in the Rogue forums thanks.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Margret
    Don't see what the big deal is. As of late, Spriets can (quite comfortably) take down rogues, even if the rogue gets the jump on them i have found.

I play Shadow, absolutely love pvping as it, and to everyone who says an Spriest can't take down a rogue, im very sorry, but thats just bull =\

Same about locks, i find locks harder, but still, nowhere near impossible
    Mind posting link to your priest armory?

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    it is kinda possible to rape a rogue as shadow... but most rogues i fight are undead and they get to trinket about 3 fears... including cloak.

My straregy is if the rogue doesn't have trinket or WOTF the fear, you are golden, get some range on the rogue, fade the 70% reduced movement speed poison off you, then mind flay the bastard... if he cloaks or vanishes, heal to full and get ready to repeat.
    I can pretty much kill a rogue as shadow if it wasn't undead.
    You are just CLUELESS. I'm not going to even bother explain why. Any priest who has fought a rogue knows why.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

His "strategy" is based on the rogue not having a trinket or any cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    Maybe youre underestimating your skill, or your friend had a very good ui setup with lots of macros.

You aren't going to kill anything by randomly hitting fan of knives and feint and tricks of the trade.
    eh you have a point, I have been killed by enough rouges to see what they do. But i still expected to fail horribly since i have never actually played one until then.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I'm watching the first one now. So far he seems to be fighting against shamans who don't use purge, and DKs who don't interrupt spells. None of them bother to sacrifice their pet Ghoul to heal themselves either. The rogue he fights starts the fight out of stealth. The paladin didn't bother cleansing debuffs.

The only thing you can learn from the first video is that you can win if you fight bad players. Going through the other two now.
    Yes, i have infact a thoery that teams get wrose the higher rateing you get too. Im only at 1560 3v3.. yet i get some seriously awsome teamplay from the enemy. Im sheeped, pummbled, strangulated, Csed.  Mages spell stealing my cooldowns and thats just to name a few of the good teamplay situations iv came up agasint.
    And its always timed one right after the other, nearly 20 odd seconds of being able to do nothing while me / my team dies...

yet everytime i watch a video of a high rated 2v2 - 3v3, the enemys seem AWFULL., there timings are awfull, they dont use abilites like purge which own priests hard. Mages not ice blocking, hunters not faking death to break a cast,( lets face it all most hunters know to do is spamm explosive and aimed shot over and over ) shamens forgeting they have grounding totems, rogues not COSing DOTs off , paladins that refuse to bubble cause they will lose dmaage , oh noes...etc etc etc The list goes on and on...So i stick to my thoery that arena rateings are infact backwards.

Rewarding steamrolling classes and team makeups , that get to 2000 by rolling there finger up and down 1 through to = sign over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by redderz
    These two guys seem to do pretty well.....even befor 3.1...

Maybe your doing something wrong?

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=105385

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=100215

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=99247

Honestly.....the terribads here make the situation sound much worse than it actually is. I play rogue and priest at 80 (among others) actively in PvP. Yes, rogues hard-counter Spriests, but if you've half a brain, understand how to use what you've got, you can come out on top....as the videos above go some way to showing.

I'd suggest the whiners dl and watch them all....you might even learn something.
    Honestly, i dont give a crap, wathcing these videos, that i did, noone who making a video would add, themself being killed several times., maybe 1-2 just to show you can lose 1 vs 2 but i hardly doubt anyone would make a full video showing how much they get owned when in the wrong situation, where a pala actually bubbles and a fear gets resisted or a rogue stun locks,(and if your still alive by then), gouge/blind, vanish stunlocks again, etc etc.

it is kinda possible to rape a rogue as shadow... but most rogues i fight are undead and they get to trinket about 3 fears... including cloak.

My straregy is if the rogue doesn't have trinket or WOTF the fear
    Rofl, thanks man D i'm laughing my ass off right now.
    I mean seriously. What rogue DOESN'T have a trinket?
    And rogues don't even need a Wotf to kill a shadowpriest
    But if you do manage to win against a rogue with a trinket then that is one BAD rogue.
    No rogue has any excuses to loose against any shadowpriest unless they have green gear, or are terrible at playing.

Another thread about priests wanting to be locks..

It is sad that you cannot be both uber healer and uber WARLOCK since well the warlock aint..

Sad little selfish people can't see anything except what you are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Another thread about priests wanting to be locks..

It is sad that you cannot be both uber healer and uber WARLOCK since well the warlock aint..

Sad little selfish people can't see anything except what you are playing.
    Your the one thats selfish, all we want is a viable dps spec for pvp and you think we're being selfish? hmph.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Your the one thats selfish, all we want is a viable dps spec for pvp and you think we're being selfish? hmph.
    If you hold on for a little while longer you may find that 3.1 improves things dramatically. Sometimes I wonder if people will only truly be happy if they buff their spec into OP'ness to let them have godmode for a while.

My rogue remembers Spriests in vanilla and how strong they were then. Buffing them to those levels would only hasten the impending nerfbat. Something I specifically dont want to happen to my Spriest either.

Some more "Broken in PVP" PvP for you here......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okRgMkf-Oss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oiK...eature=related

....also....http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...azrigos&n=Ryts.. ..seems to be doing prety well for a "broken spec"....

Seriously....get a grip, take a deep breath and realise that while still low in the food chain, with cautious buffing, things will improve.

"Spriests OP against rogues?"

No

sorry guys, spriest will never be op vs rogues. Rogues have to much CD's to survive spriest and keep hard pressure on them due to the fact that spriest can't keep a rogue off of them (especially UD rogues) Once they opon on an spriest 1v1 they are pretty much glue'd to your ass after they trinket or WotF the first fear. Make it worst you wear cloth too...
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo
    Mind posting link to your priest armory?

You are just CLUELESS. I'm not going to even bother explain why. Any priest who has fought a rogue knows why.
    Wow.... thought some people would sense the sarcasm in my post... dumbasses...

Of course a rogue will always have its trinket and cloak up, and a rogue does not have to be skilled to kill a spriest.... if it knows how to press the button that says "cheap shot" and "sinister strike" and crap, it will conquer you.

Wow.... thought some people would sense the sarcasm in my post... dumbasses...

Of course a rogue will always have its trinket and cloak up, and a rogue does not have to be skilled to kill a spriest.... if it knows how to press the button that says "cheap shot" and "sinister strike" and crap, it will conquer you.
    Right well...its seems I'm pissing in the wind If i expected some sort of reasoned argument. I guess there will always be those who die easily and the fact is theres only themselves to blame.

At the risk of repeating myself:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=105385

Download it

Watch it (of especial interst to the whiners will be the 3.1 ptr duels)

Then realise it can be done.

So According to GC:

100% chance to win against rogue = TOO OP
    /nerf
    50% chance to win against rogue = OP
    / nerf
    0% chance to win against rogue, 50% chance to survive burst before dead = Still OP
    / nerf

-100% chance to win against rogue, 0% chance to survive burst before dead = Not OP
    /end nerf

That's my interpretation.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by redderz
    Then realise it can be done.
    i like it, it's comforting

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com