Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Arms warrior pvp / dueling spec (patch 3.1)

Quote Originally Posted by proga
    Glyph of overpower is going to be very good imho, because a lot of classes parry a lot (especially DK, also Warriors and Retradin) and as Arms is going to be in battle stance it'll be always usable.
    With the changes to taste for blood, glyph of OP is usless imho because it will be on 6 sec CD anyhow/ Duh

EDIT: so i would rather sport the glyph of rend to keep your rend up for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daamus
    With the changes to taste for blood, glyph of OP is usless imho because it will be on 6 sec CD anyhow/ Duh
    God that makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. Are you actually breathing? I'm amazed you can type.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    ALLLLLLLRIIIIGHTYYY then.....I like a challenge

Start with the addition of an infinite succession of zeros
    ...but then again, you can't really explain infinity, or an infinite string of equations.

Infinity is like God. You can take something that's logical, make it completely illogical, and call it true. It's like a trump card. You don't have to explain it, or have it make sense, because it never can.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure if we follow man-made mathematics, you're right. That, however, tells me a lot more about the science than it does about 1 equaling 2, or 2 equaling 3.

I personally am satisfied with the fact that we have agreed upon the rule that 1 is not 2, and 2 is twice 1, and 3 is 1 plus 2. It's simple, and it works, so I don't know why one would have to try to confuse it with parlor tricks and cheap gimmicks.

people! can we agree that deep wound is a waste of 3 talents with the upcoming patch? as rend will be there

Quote Originally Posted by K21Nova
    ...but then again, you can't really explain infinity, or an infinite string of equations.

Infinity is like God. You can take something that's logical, make it completely illogical, and call it true. It's like a trump card. You don't have to explain it, or have it make sense, because it never can.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure if we follow man-made mathematics, you're right. That, however, tells me a lot more about the science than it does about 1 equaling 2, or 2 equaling 3.

I personally am satisfied with the fact that we have agreed upon the rule that 1 is not 2, and 2 is twice 1, and 3 is 1 plus 2. It's simple, and it works, so I don't know why one would have to try to confuse it with parlor tricks and cheap gimmicks.
    AAANNNNND were right back to where we started. Its logical to maximize your best peel in a pvp build, yet we have a moron that makes up some completely rediculous arguement to try and make the original arguement illogical and passing it off as truth.

This is about as much fun I've had on these forums yet...who would've thought my 700th post would be such a hoot.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by lowa
    people! can we agree that deep wound is a waste of 3 talents with the upcoming patch? as rend will be there
    NO.

we have a moron that makes up some completely rediculous arguement to try and make the original arguement illogical and passing it off as truth.
    Yeah... I wasn't really interested in this thread, or what you guys were talking about earlier, but that maths thing seemed like a fun thing to discuss.

Deleted

Start with the addition of an infinite succession of zeros

0= 0 + 0 + 0 + 0....

Then recognize that 0 = (1 − 1), so

0 = (1-1) + (1-1) + (1-1) +....

Applying the associative law of addition results in

0 = 1 + (-1+1) + (-1+1) + (-1+1) +...
    You forgot the -1 and the end ?...
    -> 0 = 1 + (-1+1) + (-1+1) + (-1+1) -1 +...
    -> 0 = 0
    Q.E.D.

a = b
    a^2 = a*b
    a^2-b^2 = a*b-b^2
    (a+b)(a-b) = b(a-b)
    (a+b) = b
    a+a = a
    2a = a
    2 = 1
    ((a+b)(a-b))/(a-b) is incorrect smartypants! can't devide by zero! (a-b = 0)

Still this is offtopic ;p

This is the spec I AM going to use as arms.

Btw, Deep wounds helps with peeling. Little as it may be, everything adds up.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...6&version=9742

Note: Reason for the mace is because i currently lack any other good weapon. (The Jawbone atm.)
    I'd probably go with poleaxe spec if i had a good axe, main reason because crits helps the bleed peel and i need to crit to get that 30% on bleed to show up.

Going ArmsWarrior and a Hpaladin.

Also going to test Disc/holy priest, ArmsWarrior and a Hpaladin.

Quote from the OP: Trauma is good, but melee crits are pretty rare especially against resilience, though imp.slam is not good maybe and they can be switched.

Excuse me? Rend will be your main bleed and i promise you, that you WILL be critting alot. Not to mention the 100% crit no matter what after charge.

Not many times you're going to have the actual time to "spam" slam to make it better than what you should be using.
    I find every debuff helpful when someone is nuking or even on my healer. Shout, rend, sunder, clap etc.
    Okay, i might have less rage with arms but i dont know that yet so i assume that i have enough rage to use what is needed for most of the time.

For example: What would i put on a disc priest FIRST? Hamstring and then REND. Why? Rend makes it easier to peel that shield off. When you finally get some hits in you can start the sundering. But do not forget to get that rend and hamstring up on the disc priests partner, this will give your healer a good way to get away AND give you a free overpower to peel that damn shield off the disc priest. (Rather pointless using up rage on a shield to destroy it to only lack rage after and possibly let the priest get up another one, one of the reasons you can become rage starved.)

Not to mention that rend cant be removed by any other than a racial <3. (Cant remember any others atm, bubble doesnt count.)

Quote Originally Posted by stonedcold
    You forgot the -1 and the end ?...
    -> 0 = 1 + (-1+1) + (-1+1) + (-1+1) -1 +...
    -> 0 = 0

Nah, you can't apply the associative property to an infinite series/sequence.

i read a couple of posts, but i disagree with your pvp spec, imp execute owns you should be trying to get that with the glyph so your sudden deaths hit as hard as possible. Also imp hamstring doesnt seem all that amazing to me considering as a warrior you want to usually be next to the target anyways but i can see it being useful somewhat so maybe.

also Blood Craze + Second Wind = ownage, its a must imo

i also read some people bashing on tactical mastery, tactical master owns for defensive situations, if you dont have it you cant insta spell reflect, and i use spell reflect all the time especially when i get focused.

the only points i dont know what to do with is the last two, imp hamstring, blood frenzy, strength of arms or even iron will all seem very viable to chose.

Quote Originally Posted by handofrags88
    i read a couple of posts, but i disagree with your pvp spec, imp execute owns you should be trying to get that with the glyph so your sudden deaths hit as hard as possible. Also imp hamstring doesnt seem all that amazing to me considering as a warrior you want to usually be next to the target anyways but i can see it being useful somewhat so maybe.

also Blood Craze + Second Wind = ownage, its a must imo

i also read some people bashing on tactical mastery, tactical master owns for defensive situations, if you dont have it you cant insta spell reflect, and i use spell reflect all the time especially when i get focused.

the only points i dont know what to do with is the last two, imp hamstring, blood frenzy, strength of arms or even iron will all seem very viable to chose.
    Why would you not get iron will if you're going to PvP? TM is good, but i can spell reflect in battle stance and i get the rage to use w/e i need to in defensive when i am focused.

I know blood craze is good, but.. i might just remove blood frenzy for two points into it and remove one point in imp hamstring to max it out.

Atm, i changed my build to be like this.

If i'd HAVE to drop anything for say.. 3 extra points i'd go with a build like this, changed the rapid charge to execute glyph:

Nvm, going with this build. Seems to work the best if i think about it.

Gives the most and i do not lose much.

Deleted

Nah, you can't apply the associative property to an infinite series/sequence.
    He used 6 one's in his first eq. and 7 one's in his second eq. If you add something to the right side, add it to the left aswell.. He should have 2n 1's. of which n should be 1 and n should be -1. Then do what ever you like with them in any order, you'll get zero.

((a+b)(a-b))/(a-b) is incorrect smartypants! can't devide by zero! (a-b = 0)

Still this is offtopic ;p

Actually you can divide by zero. But at the stage he is using it it's perfectly correct to divide by a-b since both of them are Variables in letter form. Try taking a course in algerbra and you'll see.

"le hopital" for division with zero btw.
    He used 6 one's in his first eq. and 7 one's in his second eq. If you add something to the right side, add it to the left aswell.. He should have 2n 1's. of which n should be 1 and n should be -1. Then do what ever you like with them in any order, you'll get zero.
    That's utterly retarded. You can't say how an infinite line of numbers end. He's actuallt correct with the equation 1=2 in that case.
    [/quote]

Hamstring talents does NOT stack with the glyph, sort the spec out and you're not eving using MS glyph?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Taun
    Actually you can divide by zero. But at the stage he is using it it's perfectly correct to divide by a-b since both of them are Variables in letter form. Try taking a course in algerbra and you'll see.

"le hopital" for division with zero btw.That's utterly retarded. You can't say how an infinite line of numbers end. He's actuallt correct with the equation 1=2 in that case.
    LOL! Take a course ? Big chance my level of mathematics is way higher than yours. Your post sort of confirms it. "l'hospital" is a way to find limits of functions at points where the functions are either both Zero or go to +-Infinity (won't tell you all conditions). And it's certainly not to devide normal equations by zero. In WHAT universe is 1= 2? Dude. And in WHAT universe can you devide by zero? you try to defy all mathematics? YOU are utterly retarded. Think you should go back to highschool (I assume you are @ college).

What they do is like
    14124 * 0 = 99 * 0 (true)

14124 * 0 = 99 * 0 (can't compute)
    ---------- ------
    0 0

14124 = 99 (thus invalid).

Quote Originally Posted by lowa
    Hamstring talents does NOT stack with the glyph, sort the spec out and you're not eving using MS glyph?
    Actually it does. Multiplicatively. Works out to be around 23.5%. The glyph will actually raise your chances of a root proc by an additional 0.10 * (1 - 0.15) or 8.5%.

Soooooo talented its 15%, talented and glyphed its 15% + 8.5% = 23.5%

Truth is that a warrior is not the best dueling class. Ironically, the best dueling spec atm is deep prot, altho with 3.1 changes arms will shine again (well, at least it'll shine abit more than now).
    Warriors are not DK or rogues, where you can play with your talents, swap points from one tree to another and try out some gimmick tri specs.
    If you go arms you really want to get bladestorm to have another snare breaker(or at least go high enough to get juggernaut once its available). You also want all them nice tier1 fury talents plus howl. Similar, if you go fury you really want to have TG, and if you choose prot u want shockwave plus all the high tier goodies.

LOL! Take a course ? Big chance my level of mathematics is way higher than yours. Your post sort of confirms it. "l'hospital" is a way to find limits of functions at points where the functions are either both Zero or go to +-Infinity (won't tell you all conditions). And it's certainly not to devide normal equations by zero. In WHAT universe is 1= 2? Dude. And in WHAT universe can you devide by zero? you try to defy all mathematics? YOU are utterly retarded. Think you should go back to highschool (I assume you are @ college).

What they do is like
    14124 * 0 = 99 * 0 (true)

14124 * 0 = 99 * 0 (can't compute)
    ---------- ------
    0 0

14124 = 99 (thus invalid).

You missed the point of both of my proofs...sort of; for the reason you can't do either is one and the same...you are assuming the reality of an infinite solution.

In the first, you are dividing by (a-b), and when you assume to begin with that a and b are of equal value, you are essentially dividing by 0, which isn't possible because dividing by 0 yields an infinite solution.

While in the 2nd proof the numbers of zeros and 1s and -1s don't matter as long as I have estabished a pattern saying that they go on forever...they are the same length...infinite. Now while thats nice that they both go on forever it does place a resriction on what I can do to the series...and one resriction is that I can't apply the associative property of addition over an infinite series (the associative property of addition being that as long as all my operations are addition, it doesn't matter in which order I add, (a + b) + c = a + (b + c).

Infinity is a theorectical concept, or you would have a huge mess.

example: Take all the non improper fractions with denominators of 9.
    1/9 = 0.11111111111111111...
    2/9 = 0.22222222222222222...
    3/9 = 0.33333333333333333...
    4/9 = 0.44444444444444444...
    5/9 = 0.55555555555555555...
    6/9 = 0.66666666666666666...
    7/9 = 0.77777777777777777...
    8/9 = 0.88888888888888888...

Considering that pattern one would generally guess that 9/9 = 0.9999999999999999999... but as we all know 9/9 = 1, which implies that 0.9999999999999999... = 1. You can abuse this particular fact to no end in order to create proofs where all numbers are positive, or all numbers = 1, or 2 = 3 like I did. ;D

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...2&version=9742

Not sure where I want to put the last 4 points.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger