Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is There a point to Resilience anymore?

I have 771 Resilience, and in battlegrounds I am continually 3-4 shotted by a boomkin in PvE gear.

Is there even a point in me having resilience gear on? And please don't be trolls and say dumb stuff like "so you don't die in 2-3 hits" I'm looking for real input, as well as maybe a balance between resi and PvE gear for a hunter.
    "We could kill everyone!"

"So what do you think?"

"I'm strangely comfortable with it"

Re: Is There a point to Resilience anymore?

In BG's theres no real point honestly arena yes you need it.
    I run around in my full t7.5 just dropping mofos because I still have the ability blast em for 35 yards away randomly
    But in arena YOU KNOW someones coming right towards so you need res.

Exactly what he said. On BGs resi wont help you much when you get zerged by 4 people at once, or even when you fight someone and a random guy shoots you from behind. On arena however, its pretty much a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

I don't have much more resil, 824 but i find it makes a huge difference in BG's. Unless its me alone with a ton of horde I rarely die. The class you play would change how this feels id imagine.

15+ Year Old Account

Im ele so im squishy either way, yea, thats my attitude. But basically what everyone above said.

Quote Originally Posted by Souless233
    In BG's theres no real point honestly arena yes you need it.
    I run around in my full t7.5 just dropping mofos because I still have the ability blast em for 35 yards away randomly
    But in arena YOU KNOW someones coming right towards so you need res.
    Couldn't have summed it up better. Wise words.

a boomkin in PvE gear....well ive seen a pally in PvE gear doing a 10k judge crit on me
    only had about 300-400 resil but if i had more it would be 9.4k? maybe just 9k
    the less amount of hits it takes to kill you means more time for you to figure out a way to win or lose also alot more health could be useful too
    *as a hunter remember to feign death/deter and disengage *as a MM hunter i can use all of these twice and use rapidfire alot more*learn to move around and use your surroundings
    btw if someone is way more geared then your gonna die fast and its a race to see who can kill the fastest since Dps/burst is really high and only classes with good survivability can do well ezr then others
    changes are being made in the next patch resil is still gonna be a must for PvP so keep that resil gear*try to get better* right now you need to go PvE gear to do pretty well in pvp*ya kinda weird*
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Yep, the point of Resil is to make it so that you survive for long enough to either kill the other dude or let your healer get a heal off. In battlegrounds where you rarely have a healer and fights are rarely 1v1 yeah its pretty crap, but if you have other abilities that reduce incoming damage or heal yourself its value skyrockets.

The cool thing is, you can't kill disc priests or trees when they wear resilience stuff :P pretty balanced.. ok you can kill them if you can deliever 2 or 3 stunlock people and 3 heal reduction debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phylacista
    The cool thing is, you can't kill disc priests or trees when they wear resilience stuff :P pretty balanced.. ok you can kill them if you can deliever 2 or 3 stunlock people and 3 heal reduction debuffs.
    This is so true. There is nothing like watching 5 people chase a healer for 5 minutes before they die .

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    This is so true. There is nothing like watching 5 people chase a healer for 5 minutes before they die .
    unless 1 of them is a DK or rouge ^^
    its not like it was BC, with Wotlk blizzard pumped up dps alot more than healing. I dont find 7k more hp such a big deal when the dps has been 2-3x bigger.

its not like it was BC, with Wotlk blizzard pumped up dps alot more than healing. I dont find 7k more hp such a big deal when the dps has been 2-3x bigger.
    Classes deal their dps in a burst. If you survive to this burst, you can hit the other guy or get a heal. That's the point of stamina/resilience (though we should have more stamina all around, I agree with that)

if a healer is able to survive 5 ppl wacking them then the ppl whacking them didnt have good enough gear/dont play as well as they should be playing
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

resil does mather a lot.
    I notice that (on my hunter ) I pretty much 5shot people in PvE gear while it takes waaay longer to kill PvP geared people...

as a paladin with 5/5 deadly and honor pieces, i can live forever with 3 people on me.

in pve gear i go down in a single stun.

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    a boomkin in PvE gear....well ive seen a pally in PvE gear doing a 10k judge crit on me
    only had about 300-400 resil but if i had more it would be 9.4k? maybe just 9k
    Resilience reduces the chance that you're going to be crit, so instead of getting crit with a 10k judge you would only get hit with a 5-6k judge. Unless it was a seal of command judge and you were stunned. I may be wrong but I don't think anything can prevent that from critting.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnygogo
    Resilience reduces the chance that you're going to be crit, so instead of getting crit with a 10k judge you would only get hit with a 5-6k judge. Unless it was a seal of command judge and you were stunned. I may be wrong but I don't think anything can prevent that from critting.
    Changed that
    Yea it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnygogo

uhm say SoC has 100 % crit, and i have -20% crit chance trough resil( ye its a HUGE amount I know ) than its still 80% crit.
    and ofcourse, resil reduces dmg from crits.

ALL IN ALL

Epic QQ thread. get more resil. l2p.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Resil ATM is just a crap............ period

As a rogue I don't wear any resil at all (save for the unintentional resil gain from the PvP Trinket). The amount of Burst I can do FAR out weighs the minor amount of survival I gain. All I see atm is if you wear your PvE gear when you PvP you need to rely on your skill more, which for me, works best. I have burst down (X named clothie class) in the space of the Cheap Shot (NOT kidney Shot) these classes who have stacked Resilience.

When I wear my resil my victim ALWAYS survives the initial Cheap Shot burst and then I end up taking damage....

IMO LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I got SWEET PvE gear (optimal t7.5 HfB) But WTF?!?!?!QQ!?!? where is the point in any pvp gear for me I mean we USED to have that added bonus on the gloves xD Deadly throw now silences for X seconds, but really once I got all my pvp gear that I really thought would be Oh so good for PVP.... boy was I wrong, its ALLLLLL a degrade............ for PVP!

Quote Originally Posted by couplemate
    Resil ATM is just a crap............ period

As a rogue I don't wear any resil at all (save for the unintentional resil gain from the PvP Trinket). The amount of Burst I can do FAR out weighs the minor amount of survival I gain. All I see atm is if you wear your PvE gear when you PvP you need to rely on your skill more, which for me, works best. I have burst down (X named clothie class) in the space of the Cheap Shot (NOT kidney Shot) these classes who have stacked Resilience.

When I wear my resil my victim ALWAYS survives the initial Cheap Shot burst and then I end up taking damage....

IMO LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I got SWEET PvE gear (optimal t7.5 HfB) But WTF?!?!?!QQ!?!? where is the point in any pvp gear for me I mean we USED to have that added bonus on the gloves xD Deadly throw now silences for X seconds, but really once I got all my pvp gear that I really thought would be Oh so good for PVP.... boy was I wrong, its ALLLLLL a degrade............ for PVP!

I'm not going to comment on what PvP is, or what I think it should be, however it seems clear that they are trying to steer PvP away from exactly that - burst. Burst is and probably will always be important, but they want us to have to wear resilience and they want us to do more than simply walk into an arena and kill someone in a stun (before the rogue hate, I think, at least in higher levels of arena play, lets say 1800+, that this is the case now - its been a while since I've seen anything wearing a fair amount of resilience get killed in a single stun).

This is intended. Again, they don't want PvP to amount to essentially who can kill the other guy faster. They seem to, instead, want it to be about CC chains, CC breaks, coordinated burst, proper cooldown use, etc - you know, things that take skill =)