a question for ya

hi guys

my guild has recently started to bring alts in to our raids due to the amount of gear being de'ed on are run but the RL has come up with some new rules basicly if u want gear for ur mains off spec u have to pay and certain amount for it say 200g this is the same for the alts main and off spec only its is mutiplyed by 5 or something the reason i am told behind this is so that the GB can get gold stacked up but im sure we could sell pots and other crap for the gold than making people pay for gear.

my question is do you guys think this is a totally crap (which i think it is) or is it a gd idea?

plz dont post stupid comments im only looking for some simple feed back.

Thx
    80 Holy pala
    80 resto druid

Re: a question for ya

sounds like a greedy GM. a void is worth ~100g, while the usefulness of a better geared alt holds a lot more weight.

if it's BoE, i can kind of see what they're thinking. if it's BoP, give it to an alt (if a main doesn't need it)

we basically just link for MS, if no one needs, then we link for OS. the Saph neck is an open roll for MS only.

if it's an alt linking, a main will take precedence for both the MS and OS link.

as long as its not stealing from main raiders main specs(and i think mains offspec should have priority over alt main spec) then its fine and its cash. 200g is better than an abyss.

EDIT: oh paying for offspec/alt spec is stupid. plain out stupid. the only time somebody should pay is for lolspec on something being DE'd. a caster taking melee rings/trinkets/neck/weapon and melee taking spell gear. ive seen a warrior in full 25 man cloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

Quote Originally Posted by cfeuer1
    as long as its not stealing from main raiders main specs(and i think mains offspec should have priority over alt main spec) then its fine and its cash. 200g is better than an abyss.
    if you're guild has all 6 bank tabs, there's no reason to ask for G. ideally your guild works together well enough that all of the gatherers are contributing to the GB to collect flasks, food, and crafting mats, so the G isn't necessary. why would a raiding guild need to BUY anything?

You basically spend time on a game and to be rewarded for performing good you have to pay golds, to your own guild bank? Yeh...makes sense...

gold is getting stacked up for what exactly?

Freeze It Now, Eat It Later

For BoP stuff, a gold pay system can work. There's been some discussion about the validity of a bid system where people bid on items with gold, if they bid the most they get the item. Then at the end of each raid, the money is split out between 11 or 26 slots (1 for the guild bank, one for everyone in the raid). This makes it so you actually end up making money raiding or you get items.

As far as how your GM is doing it, I think its a little bit bullshit, especially to start doing it after guild is established. And to charge people for offspec when otherwise it would get DEd is ridiculous. Is the GM really going to gimp his guild like that for th guild bank? Kind fucked if you ask me.