... LastLast

Re: can a tank dk loot boh?

Subject: Re: can a tank dk loot boh?

Yes, a DK can use a 2hnder....

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by surfanor
    To the guy who said warriors weren't the hardest class to gear up. You try and get 2 2handers that rarely ever drop that the Paly and Dk and even sometimes Hunter all want as well. In 18 clears my guild has seen 1 BoH(DK took it to tank with the asshole) 1 Jawbone(DK took it) and 1 Armageddon(Ret got it). We have 2 DKs a Ret and luckily i'm the only Fury. Ya gearing up is easy....

You have some really bad luck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopasetic

You have some really bad luck lol.
    Yes yes we do I've had BiS everything since early Feb. but been stuck with Death's Bites for over 3 months. Add to that our guild has a 74% drop rate on Vanq Tokens. I'm not kidding either I pulled that from the dkp loot history.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tx5
    last night i ran a 25m naxx.kt dropped boh and a dk won the roll.he is a tanker.is it right for a tanker loot a dps wep?he said he will tank better with that wep.so dk can roll on every 2 hand wep ?they always roll on every 1 hand wep already. :-\
    btw i am a low-geared warr.i dont know why blizz make titansteel detroyer a unique wep.the axe in hol never drop.dk can roll on everything.warr only can roll on 2 hand wep.pally uses 2 hand wep too.dk and pally r over-populated class now.in the raid group,therer always 3-4 pally and same for dks.i think warr is the hardest class to geared up.
    We had the same thing in raid last week. I talked with the DK tank and compared his current weapon. He has been raiding with us since BC (on a different toon back then) and has been one of our most reliable tanks so i was happy to give it to him over a dps class. As for DK and Pally being over populated, we have two rets and two dk's, one dps one tank in our raid and our prot warriors are getting 2h weapons for offset because there is so many of them. Just because you didnt get a weapon from one run doesnt mean QQ time. I remember back in the days of running SSC for the Talon of Azshara, 6 months and it never dropped. Loot is so easy to get now, less QQ and just be patient

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Dps should have priority to a >>>>DPS<<<< weapon.
    Your arguements are retarded in themselves.
    Try again.
    Its also a very good DK tank weapon, lots of stam and agi for dodge. The only better weapon is the trash mace. There are no Tanking 2h weapons and DK's are designed around using 2h weapons to tank. They have just as much right to roll on it and if you are pugging GL stopping them.

is it right for a tanker loot a dps wep?
    There is no such thing as a 2H tanking weapon. Death Knights are designed to tank with DPS two-handers. Of course he's entitled to a Betrayer, its the best two-hander in the game. It produces immense threat and still has avoidance via Agility. If he has sufficient Expertise without Inevitable Defeat, BoH is best in slot for him.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Sorry but, Dps vs Tank on a DPS weapon, Dps takes priority.
    If the DK can't hold threat, then thats his fault and he needs to learn to tank a little better.
    I've never heard of a DK who can't hold threat in the first place, so that's pretty sad.

DKs tank with 2h dps weapons, BoH is the best there is except for inevitable defeat so sure he is allowed to roll/bid on it.

Protip: betrayer is better than inevitable defeat for dk tanks.

Would it have been a better choice to give the weapon to a dps assuming that the tank could still hold aggro? Sure.

Is it worth whining about? No.

last night i ran a 25m naxx.kt dropped boh and a dk won the roll.he is a tanker.is it right for a tanker loot a dps wep?he said he will tank better with that wep.so dk can roll on every 2 hand wep ?they always roll on every 1 hand wep already. :-\
    btw i am a low-geared warr.i dont know why blizz make titansteel detroyer a unique wep.the axe in hol never drop.dk can roll on everything.warr only can roll on 2 hand wep.pally uses 2 hand wep too.dk and pally r over-populated class now.in the raid group,therer always 3-4 pally and same for dks.i think warr is the hardest class to geared up.

Your guild obviously thot he would be a better fit. And as for then not giving it to you... Why give it to someone they are thinking about kicking from the guild for being a baby/qq'er/baddie forum complainer. think about it

1. A tank dk that does his job well and you progress because of it.
    2. a warrior that can't. or doesn't know how to dps, and complains too much.
    3. BOTH. <--- i vote this

Tough choice imo.

And if it's a pug run, then you're just whining.

If it's a guild run, DPS gets prio for obvious reasons, and I say that as a DK main myself. Trash mace is on par for most parts, and if you want threat/damage happy tank, you go for dual wield tanking spec with 2 kt 1-hander tanking axes.

Don't diss it till you've tried it, our MT DK has been running with those for a long time now. Does wonders on encounters where even a little bit extra dps helps, like sath10 3d.

Sorry but, Dps vs Tank on a DPS weapon, Dps takes priority.
    If the DK can't hold threat, then thats his fault and he needs to learn to tank a little better.
    I've never heard of a DK who can't hold threat in the first place, so that's pretty sad.
    Your logic is stupid and i'm glad i'm not in your guild, since You have never heard of a DK that couldn't hold aggro. wouldn't it be better to assume this warriors's guild thot he was a 1/2 ass warrior and didn't give it to him in the hope he'd leave or bitch enough to get kicked. yes yes Give the crappy warrior the best DPS wepon in game just cause its a dps wepon. instead of giving it to the DK who is there every night/ tanks like a pro.

so much for BRING THE PLAYER NOT THE CLASS

Your guilds retarded for giving that to a tank instead of any number of melee dps classes that it's BIS for. It's not bis for him, it's bis for all two handed melee dps classes , thus it should have went to one of your dpsers first. Not a hard concept imo.

It would be like a fury dps warrior that is already decked in everything except an offhander taking Inevitable defeat over a dk tank simply because it's better than his current offhand. It's no different at all.

Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    Your guilds retarded for giving that to a tank instead of any number of melee dps classes that it's BIS for. It's not bis for him, it's bis for all two handed melee dps classes , thus it should have went to one of your dpsers first. Not a hard concept imo.

It would be like a fury dps warrior that is already decked in everything except an offhander taking Inevitable defeat over a dk tank simply because it's better than his current offhand. It's no different at all.

u sir are more retarded for not thinking outside the lines, and going on the info this poor foolish warrior has givin you. honsetly go outside and pick a flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Legimp
    Your logic is stupid and i'm glad i'm not in your guild, since You have never heard of a DK that couldn't hold aggro. wouldn't it be better to assume this warriors's guild thot he was a 1/2 ass warrior and didn't give it to him in the hope he'd leave or bitch enough to get kicked. yes yes Give the crappy warrior the best DPS wepon in game just cause its a dps wepon. instead of giving it to the DK who is there every night/ tanks like a pro.

No your logic is dumb. It's a much bigger upgrade for the warrior. The warriors dps will probably go up 5-700 with that weapon. You're bad.

u sir are more retarded for not thinking outside the lines, and going on the info this poor foolish warrior has givin you. honsetly go outside and pick a flower.
    IT's simple moron, IT's bis for the melee dps, It isn't bis for the tank. Dps should take priority on the Bis weapon in the game for them. Dk tanks always SAY they want boh TO TANK WITH, but in reality what they really want it for is their PVP dps set. Quit lying.

SURE give the item to the warrior is he actaully does his job compared to the DK.
    why give an item to a class that the player behind the keyboard obviously is mentally unfit, sure its BEST for the class but what good is the class is the player playing it is dumber then a post....

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Apparently he doesn't tank like a pro if he's having issues holding threat?
    Try again scrub.

IT's simple moron, IT's bis for the melee dps, It isn't bis for the tank.

Fact: it is best 2h weapon for a DK tank. There is no better alternative currently in the game
    Fact: it is only marginally better then trash mace.

Kindly do not accuse other of lying when you yourself are clueless.

Apparently he doesn't tank like a pro if he's having issues holding threat?
    Try again scrub.

OK where in post is says he wasn't tanking good?

TRY AGAIN SCRUB. honestly read the posts before posting dummy

your stupidness honestly amazes me. u make shit up and try to make other people look stupid, only to make yourself look like a COMPLETE AND UTTER RETARD. GG.