Thread: Thorns

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thorns

what is with this spell? last 10 minutes only for a measely 50 or so damage. does it add threat to the tanks when they're hit with it or can i just forget about it entirely? i dont see the use for it

Re: Thorns

It indeed does help with threat. Thorns also, is said to scale with SP, which can make it pretty nice.

I personally always keep thorns on in pvp as resto, the damage really does add up.

Source: http://www.resto4life.com/2008/10/31...h-spell-power/

I put on my thorns. Sit in tree form, and laugh as rogues kill themselves. Life is grand.

ever aoe tank little stuff? if no then don't talk. if yes then you should know better.

it's 73 base damage, it lasts for an hour with a minor glyph

Its good for running people thru DM or other lowbie instances mobs kill themselfs

Quote Originally Posted by Jedibezy
    It indeed does help with threat. Thorns also, is said to scale with SP, which can make it pretty nice.
    The question is how good they will scale.

It should scale with AP as well, otherwise I have to start carrying around yet another gear set.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    It should scale with AP as well, otherwise I have to start carrying around yet another gear set.
    or be buffed by a fluffykin or tree

My brambles boomkin thorns hit for 400 every time hit, quite signifcant.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    My brambles boomkin thorns hit for 400 every time hit, quite signifcant.
    Brambles only works on yourself though. would be fun if it worked on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Níghtmare
    The bonus dmg is dependant on the targets spellpower, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones
    The bonus dmg is dependant on the targets spellpower, so no.
    This will be incorrect in 3.1 and i am amazed that there has been no QQ from moonkins or resto druids from this. A lil pissed as a feral druid i gotta pick up Imp Motw and now will prolly have to buff the raid due to it, then again it's been a about a year since i have been. BUTT :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=46574.0

Thorns: This spell will now properly use the druid’s spell power to determine its scaling instead of the target’s spell power.

Correct me if i am wrong but this would mean resto/moonkin druids would be ideal to buff each individual person in the raid.... All i can say is ouch and thankful i only gotta mark MOTW

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    Its good for running people thru DM or other lowbie instances mobs kill themselfs
    Though if they die purely from Thorns damage, you and your friend receive no credit for the kill (no exp or loot).

Brambles only works on yourself though. would be fun if it worked on others.
    I'm fairly certain Brambles is supposed to increase the Thorns spell in general - not just for yourself. Perhaps it was the same bug as how Thorns scaled of the target's SP? I'll try and give it a go on the PTR if I get the chance. Might be hard to find another player for it though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    Correct me if i am wrong but this would mean resto/moonkin druids would be ideal to buff each individual person in the raid.... All i can say is ouch and thankful i only gotta mark MOTW
    Why would you buff everyone with thorns? I just put it on the tanks in raids. I doubt my healers or DPS want any extra threat if they get aggro from a mob.

My big problem though is that every druid seems to have the thorns glyph and so I can't apply my thorns over their hour long buff. So I expect to try and buff my friendly feral tanks and get the more powerful spell exists message even though my thorns are better.

I may have to start carrying around 3 pieces of cenarion for buffing again though.

No, I'd rather have it scale with my own AP.

Why?

a) There's not always another druid around (especially in 5 and 10-mans)
    b) It's annoying to beg for it every 10minutes since...
    c) Glyph of Thorns that adds 50minutes to the duration only works on self-cast

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by raxin
    i am amazed that there has been no QQ from moonkins or resto druids from this. 7Thorns: This spell will now properly use the druid’s spell power to determine its scaling instead of the target’s spell power.
    there is no QQ becase no boomking or restoo CBA to buff it. as a feral in my guild i am theo ln one who is buffing tanks whit it the rest of the druids CCL ;P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

why would you want it to scale with AP? a feral druid has like 2200 AP in caster form.

Better to throw on your healset, cast it, and switch.

15+ Year Old Account

Either Blizzard should make it scale with attack power aswell as spell power or make glyph of thorns avaible on all targets and not yourself. After patch 3.1 the buff will be increased by the caster's spell power instead of the target, but if the target is a Feral Druid who has the minor glyph, we Restoration/Balance Druids will overwrite the buff constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    why would you want it to scale with AP? a feral druid has like 2200 AP in caster form.
    Isn't that compareble to the amount of SP that a Boomkin or a Resto might have?

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    Better to throw on your healset, cast it, and switch.
    That's what I have to do unless things change. However, I'm already carrying tons of gear with me (bear, kitty, stamina and avoidance pieces, some fire res gear, polar set etc) so I'm not too excited about having to lug around even more stuff.