Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shamans to afraid to ask for whats needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaShaman
    Thats the way I see it, unfortunately.

Now when I take a look at all of the little buffs their adding for Elemental, I am overjoyed. The only thing that really seems to get me in PvP right now are stunlocking rogues...And half of the time that's thanks to me forgetting to equip my trinket.

So I don't feel like were afraid to ask for things, especially if I don't feel like I need things to ask for.
    What he said.

The only thing I think needs to be redone is the old class constructs (totems, stances, etc.) I mean, paladins got their class revamped, so I think it's pretty safe to say we deserve that as well.

What I think is needed is less things that are bound to Totems. Specifically, Fire Nova (hey, the NPC version is untotem'd too) and the Elemental summons.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm
    I like the idea Ghost wolf removes movement impairing effects, its not OP its the same principal as a druid
    Sadly, that's exactly why Earthen Power in it's second incarnation never lived through the WotLK Beta and instead got moved to Earthbind. In the first incarnation it was put on Shamanistic Rage, by the way, which Blizzard also didn't seem to like.
    A Shaman ability resembling a trademark Druid ability is considered to be a no-go. Which puzzles me, because Ghost Wolf and Travel Form are very alike, and GW is a sortof shapeshift anyway.

IMO put totems on a system similar to DK presences with an effect like pally auras.

e.g.: remove water shield and change imp shields to give certain totems different benefits for the shaman, then just give the shaman those benefits while that totem effect is active.

I think the change would open up new possibilities for balancing and would provide a solution to the problems with totem mobility. But I haven't played my shaman for quite some time now so don't take my word for it. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Lightning Charge - no mana cost - 30 sec cooldown
    Charge an enemy, restoring xx mana. It also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec. Can be used in combat.
    this suggestion is OP

I personally don't think the charge has to be anything more than a charge, maybe it could just deal a little damage, since you turn into a lightning bolt, and to make it a little different from shadowstep/charge

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

To add to your Charge-up skill: how bout this

You charge up for 0.5-2 seconds (whatever seems reasonable)
    You become a living lightning bolt for a few seconds, converting % physical damage to nature damage (in effect: reducing total damage done, so it won't be the ultimate i-win dps button in pve/pvp). While a Lightning Bolt you cannot be slowed, immobilized or stunned, but you are not allowed to cast spells/abilities. Does not break slowing, immobilizing or stunning affects already on the shaman.

I could see this to be overpowered though.... but think about this:

-Not improving PVE enchancement DPS (cuz - Check!
    -A gapcloser for PVP - Check!
    -Escape Button for all specs - Check!

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

My Alt Shaman recently hit 80.

Got a bit of gear through Naxx alt runs and whatever and decided to try out some PvP and see how an Elemental Shaman can handle it.

Basically impossible to play unless the target is engaged with another player.

A stun usually leads to a death and even when I trinket and thunderstorm/Heal they will either have some form of lockdown/stun from a range or some way to get straight back to me.

To add to your Charge-up skill: how bout this

You charge up for 0.5-2 seconds (whatever seems reasonable)
    You become a living lightning bolt for a few seconds, converting % physical damage to nature damage (in effect: reducing total damage done, so it won't be the ultimate i-win dps button in pve/pvp). While a Lightning Bolt you cannot be slowed, immobilized or stunned, but you are not allowed to cast spells/abilities. Does not break slowing, immobilizing or stunning affects already on the shaman.

I could see this to be overpowered though.... but think about this:
    so let me get this straight: you can´t use anything except ll/ss/totems, it doesn´t remove those hindering effects ( which is the reason we suck atm ) and greatly increases als spelldmg taken ( great, so caster simply wate for us to use it to put all their dmg into it, while we cant even heal )

i would never use it in pvp as it is more of another great weakness than a help

what the shaman needs is something to fix his problems, not worsen them
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

what about high up in the enhancement tree make a talent 1pt that gives you an ability in GW that is similar to a sprint maybe increases move speed by 100%and atack speed by 100% for 8 seconds with a 30-45 sec cooldown only useible in GW and spells break the effect (windfury/frostbrand/flametougneu dont work while using this, not sure if they do in GW anyway) its not too OP cause it dosent break slow/snare effects again make this high in the enhance tree so resto/ele wont be able to escape form melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    My Alt Shaman recently hit 80.

Got a bit of gear through Naxx alt runs and whatever and decided to try out some PvP and see how an Elemental Shaman can handle it.

Basically impossible to play unless the target is engaged with another player.

A stun usually leads to a death and even when I trinket and thunderstorm/Heal they will either have some form of lockdown/stun from a range or some way to get straight back to me.
    Hehe yeah i feel you. With decent gear, and engineering (lol) it get's a bit easier though. You just have to get used to not using any other spells with a cast time then LHW and hex, you´l die trying to get that lb/lvb off if your up close to an enemy :P

Theres not always an iwin-mode like Divine shield or Cloak of shadows>vanish, but im fine with that.

What pisses me off though is the armor/HP situation. Clothies like locks and mages with more HP than yourself, combined with all that CC.

I basically go down just as fast to any melee as a clothie, only I have less HP and less tools to get away.

They might as well change shaman to cloth since those extra points in armor doesnt do a significant difference.

Higher HP and/or armor pls! /QQ-off

(this is in PoV of an elemental shaman mind you)

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    so let me get this straight: you can´t use anything except ll/ss/totems, it doesn´t remove those hindering effects ( which is the reason we suck atm ) and greatly increases als spelldmg taken ( great, so caster simply wate for us to use it to put all their dmg into it, while we cant even heal )

i would never use it in pvp as it is more of another great weakness than a help

what the shaman needs is something to fix his problems, not worsen them
    I agree, what shamen would benefit most from arent more new spell, but redesing/tuning of old ones. Not an issue for resto though.

Perhaps an increase in base health?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    As soon as Ferals got Feral Charge for Cat form too, they got loved for PvP.
    Since Enh Shams still get owned most of the time in PvP, and most of the melee classes have 'get to the target' skills, i think its time Enh Shams get something alike.

There is a lot of trolling on forums these days, so im just asking for some positive/negative feedback and mature reactions. If people cant do that, please shut up.

My suggestions on EU Forums for Enh Sham was a Charge-like skill:

Lightning Charge - no mana cost - 30 sec cooldown
    Charge an enemy, restoring xx mana. It also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec. Can be used in combat.

Combination of Intercept but with a minor Earth Shock effect (no dmg)

If someone thinks this is a good idea, please post in US Forums

And i ask again, no mass trolling please, be mature for once.
    No mana coast? i dont recall of a spell in the game that dosent coast mana (for players with mana bars :P)
    Even abilities that restore mana need mana to use http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16190

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    No mana coast? i dont recall of a spell in the game that dosent coast mana (for players with mana bars :P)
    Even abilities that restore mana need mana to use http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16190
    Lightning shield? Plus, how much mana does water shield cost and how much does it return?