Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.

Think we need Guild Killaz?

Ok the idea is to see if we actually need to disperse the current number of guilds, seemingly alot of guilds easily pull naxx25 in one nights raid, and the others with dragons(sarth 3d) on the 2nd night if not in the same night
    So content is so easy atm , "pug" guilds manage to do almost everything a hardcore guild can do
    1 reason that made me post this was the following: a dude kept shouting in Dalaran , where do i turn in T7.5 helm token for my armor piece???It got to the point where i was so sad i saw people like him...
    So to save and differenciate the pugs from real solid raiding guilds i would suggest something like a boss that has a retard check implented in it.
    Kael Thas fight and Vasjh were in fight nice boss fights, where every raid member really had to hold their own there.
    Kael Thas was beginning to wipe alot of guilds from existence, he gained the nick name Guild Disbander.

I want more epic fights like that.. i think they failed to make something like that in Ulduar, no real serious retard checks.
    Hoping in the near future patches they will implement such hard instances as SSC and TK.
    Any views on this subject?
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

Re: Think we need Guild Killaz?

if they implement a new boss like this i will be getting a new guild

It's already said we wont see bosses like that again in normal/heroic modes.
    Raids are planned for everyone to see ... and to a certain degree to master.

Lets see how Algalon fits into your idea ... guess he's the guy that comes
    near to your demand.

What I miss is a place where I can show a tank,dd or healer what is required
    to be a good tank,dd or healer. With everything given for free there are only
    a few ppl out there who know what it means to give time to a tank, move out of
    fire, use a bandage (first aid ? whats that ?) or come prepared to a raid.
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Regarding Algalon, this is what Blizzard said:

"With that said, I want to be sure that everyone understands: Hard mode is hard. Some hard modes are harder than others. Then there's Algalon the Raid Destroyer. He feeds off of your tears."

I really hope that the whole concept of easymode, retardfirendly endgame will fail in 3.1. I really hope that after 3.1 we will see 10 - 15% of the playerbase quitting to do something else, because maybe then Blizz will realize that retarded content for people coping with brain related illnesses is not the thing that made WoW the greatest MMO it used to be.

Oh dear how do i mis the good old days where tactics were actualy needed in a fight and even dd needed to use hp pots stones and bandage. But fact is retard checks dont have to be hard mode fights.

Lets take Magtheridon, THAT was a retard check and needed allot of focus/teamwork. Thats what raiding is about not running in naxx with a pug, swear allot how there all retards and end up clearing it anywho.

Dont get me wrong raiding is for anyone but do it with your guild. If you cant do it with your guild i'd start thinking if wow is a game for you.

15+ Year Old Account

well
    i know they won't implement it just now, or they lose player's subscriptions from the start
    but
    later on when they get people hooked too much.
    sorta like ZA
    but ZA was optional
    give the big boys summin to doooooooooooooo pls.

well old naxx actually required tactics and teamwork; and new one has same encounters. That makes me think; where did wolk raids fail? Too low dmg and hp in bosses? or an instance designed for classic wow abilities is failing because at level 80 all classes have some new stuff?

If you look at Yogg Saron's abilities, this might be the retardcheck you're looking for.

My YouTube channel - Beta videos & raid videos!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myriell
    If you look at Yogg Saron's abilities, this might be the retardcheck you're looking for.
    that's the last boss
    i wanted something like ulduar having that check on the 1st boss, so entry permission is granted only if your coordonation and stuff are what they are looking for, and it should be with "checkpoint" bosses, like 1 outa 3 bosses should be really hard to pass
    stable progress of an instance ,i like the idea

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    So, Kael, and Vashj, weren't the last bosses of their respective instances? What game am i playing?

Also, Flame Leviathan is a "retard check" in a way, but only the most "retarded-retards" would fail it. I know now, that if anyone fails it from the guild i'm in, well, i know who it'll be that's dead at the end.
    lurker took us a while to down actually, 3 weeks.
    not saying it should be as hard as kael and vasj... somewhere along those lines.
    and BT, BT u couldn't enter if u didn't have prequest done, so kael and vasj were part of it, at least to enter it.
    That linkage was imba made, blizz should do that to Icecrown at least...
    not let just any naab enter
    hardcore as they call it ain't really hardcore anymore

this is a new and interesting idea.
    It's just a game.

they did at least have thinks like hydros that required resist sets

i will disagree with you... mainly because of your short sighted-ness....

you are comparing the whole TBC experience with WOTLK leveling content... thats just unfair.

when WOTLK 'ends' then you can do a proper comparison... the yogg-saron fight alone covers 4 WoW books
    It's just a game.

That, for me, is what a raid instance should be about. With Naxxramas, i just don't feel anything. There's barely any lore behind it. Sartharion doesn't make much sense. In fact, only Malygos actually feels right, based on him being the aspect of Magic. He's not a difficult encounter, but it does feel epic to be "protecting" the world from him.
    There's plenty of lore behind Naxx. You don't feel anything because naxx is tuned down to make people with brain latency happy. Do some lvl 60naxx with a lvl60 guild and you'll notice the difference (assuming you can find a private server for that as naxx 60 is gone). Overall naxx was the best designed and the hardest instance, with some bosses that can be considered as hardest of all times (4H and gothik).

If you like lore, read "Road to damnation" on Wowwiki. It will help you understand what kind of instance old naxx was.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i will disagree with you... mainly because of your short sighted-ness....

you are comparing the whole TBC experience with WOTLK leveling content... thats just unfair.

when WOTLK 'ends' then you can do a proper comparison... the yogg-saron fight alone covers 4 WoW books
    Maybe so, but if you steamroll the place within two weeks, (most of the raiding guilds will) you just won't notice its "epicness".

15+ Year Old Account

so, to catch up on main ideas that blizz could look over

Make fights with bosses to a degree where u advance in instances as u kill harder and harder bosses
    Make rep/key based entry instances
    Make real gear dependant boss fights, not like hydross was.. cuz that was passable with just MT's using the gear
    ilevel wise and resistance gear was a good idea, make it noticeable in everyboss fight pls
    More reflex demanding bosses , like Magtheridon was before nerf.

and i'm still counting.

i will say one thing

in tbc the game grew more than it ever had. between tbc release and wotlk the game grew by what like 6 million people? (estimate)

now i have personally seen more and more people quit the game now than ever before. they might be getting new subscribers sure, but these are all casual players that will play for a few hours a week. i understand this makes up more of the population now but i honestly believe going back to what made the game what it is would be awesome. think ulduar is pretty much the equivalent of the BWL/SSC/TK of their respective times. these instances were reasonably hard (taking the majority of guilds several months, and even some over a year to complete). yet the game enjoyed its biggest growth through these times, regardless of how hard they were to some.

moving on to sunwell (the greatest instance ever made). to look at a player base and say, well most of you are casual and since making the instance too hard for you keeps you out of it, we must therefore make instances easier to include you....this is wrong! i have done a few hard modes on the ptr and i will say they do not compare. they are still way too easy. imo 10man 3d is very well tuned, even though alot of guilds are clearing it now, it took most several months to get there and thats good. nothing ive seen on the ptr will take that long (maybe algalon we will see). to put it this way, most guilds that couldnt clear anything in sunwell had no business being there in the first place, they should have cleared everything up to it like the rest of the peopel that did get to experience it. everyone has a fair shot. you cant say oh we killed illidan once lets go tackle sunwell. the point is to farm a raid instance and get everything you need to move on to the next. anyone that QQed about why is sunwell so hard that i cant experience it, too bad, get better, raid more, or join a better guild.

idk sorry for the rant, i just loved sunwell and everything it brought to the game, and its a pity it was short lived (so they say). while i know we are only getting into the second tier of raiding, i believe there should be a tad more than hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by arg
    There's plenty of lore behind Naxx. You don't feel anything because naxx is tuned down to make people with brain latency happy. Do some lvl 60naxx with a lvl60 guild and you'll notice the difference (assuming you can find a private server for that as naxx 60 is gone). Overall naxx was the best designed and the hardest instance, with some bosses that can be considered as hardest of all times (4H and gothik).
    Naxx is also easy mode at 80 because there's already guides and strategies out from Naxx 60 that still apply to the boss.

but yes we do need harder stuff, hopefully Yogg-Saron is as badass as I hope he is.

Quote Originally Posted by arg
    Maybe so, but if you steamroll the place within two weeks, (most of the raiding guilds will) you just won't notice its "epicness".
    i can guarantee you most raid guilds will not 'steam roll' ulduar... since you know.. you need to do all hardmodes to finish the instance in the first place. (kill alg)
    It's just a game.