Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow Word:Death.....of your dps!?

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Dont even bother putting SWD on your bars...
    The bosses I fight require moving. When you're moving and there are no dots to refresh you have a choice between SW and nothing. Have fun with nothing while I do damage.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

I use Shadow Word: Death in my rotation (I only cast it directly after a Mind Blast, or while moving) and from what I can tell, it doesn't completely 'negatively' impact my DPS. It just gives it more variance than the no Shadow Word: Death rotation. I either end up a little bit higher or a little bit lower than I would without it. On the other hand, though, it gives me a higher percentage of Improved Spirit Tap uptime, which is really nice. It will probably be even better in Ulduar, since encounters will last more than three minutes.

I don't use the Mind Flay glyph. From Karazhan to Sunwell, I've never had an issue where Mind Flay's range gave me problems. The only encounter in WotLK that it would make a difference for me is Heigan; you don't have much wiggle room between 'in range to Mind Flay' and 'in range of Spell Disruption.' I don't believe there are any encounters in Ulduar, yet, where I'll really want the extra range. I've never had a problem with anything not being in Mind Flay range on Malygos.

Just for giggles, would one of the people arguing against shadow word: death link a parse where the average swd < average mind flay tick. I can't seem to find one....anywhere.

if you do find one it may be from someone that uses sw:d just as an opener..lol =p

Just for giggles, would one of the people arguing against shadow word: death link a parse where the average swd < average mind flay tick. I can't seem to find one....anywhere.
    They are not saying SW > 1 Mind Flay Tick... They are saying 2 Mind Flay Tick > SW.

Mind Flay is around 2k per hit average with SW a 3.2k average. 2 x 2 > 3.2