Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So warriors are going to remove your Devine shield huh ?

So If I got this straight this is what the new warrior ability is going to do

#1 Remove your bubble
    #2 do up to 8k damage when it crits
    #3 Put a debuff on you that causes the warriors attacks to ignore 20% of your armor

In order to perform said ability warrior must swap into battle stance leaving him with 25 rage
    warrior then uses ability that costs ? you guessed it 25 rage
    you then have 3 seconds of the warrior waiting for white attack until he can do any damage
    (6 if you choose to heal yourself instead of hitting him)

My question is
    When was the last time a paladin needed to bubble in order to kill a warrior patch 2.4 ?
    (does not apply in arena because if you attack the warrior before his teammates are dead you are stupid)

Now from a Arena perspective
    Your bubble is gone Oh noes you cannot force people to switch targets anymore

with the skills debuff +5 sunders and while in battle stance the warrior now mitigates 50% of your armor
    (if your not attacking him he has no rage) yet this will benefit other melee classes on the warriors team

Re: So warriors are going to remove your Devine shield huh ?

So, what is your question?
    Also; GC has stated that it will remove your DS if it's on, but will not also reduce armor by 20%. It's either one or the other depending on if the target has DS/IceBlock active or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaner
    Second 8k when it crits my ass.
    Unless I am mistaken it has the same Ap modifier as Bloodthirst which I myself have seen crit for 9k and I am not even wearing best in slot gear.

So ok given lack of raid buffs and in pvp gear lets say it crits for 7k

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    So, what is your question?
    Also; GC has stated that it will remove your DS if it's on, but will not also reduce armor by 20%. It's either one or the other depending on if the target has DS/IceBlock active or not.
    That is good to know either way being a fury warrior I do not intend to perform a full rage dump just to break a paladin bubble or reduce his armor by 20%.

Since warriors will gain rage when hitting bubbled paladins in 3.1 I will either just fill my rage bar while the paladin is bubbled and healing or back away and bandage myself.

Warrior stance change with rage is getting changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by rwh531
    Unless I am mistaken it has the same Ap modifier as Bloodthirst which I myself have seen crit for 9k and I am not even wearing best in slot gear.

So ok given lack of raid buffs and in pvp gear lets say it crits for 7k
    LOL. Ok, I had to dig up my username and password again just to say that's the biggest joke ever. The highest crit I've gotten in any pvp setting was with death wish and beserking up and I crit some poor mage for 5.4k. In pve, yes, it crits a lot higher but you are no way in hell getting any where near the same amount of buffs in pvp.

I can see this critting for around 3.6-4k with a few lucky buff procs and lower on a pally.

#1 Remove your bubble
    #3 Put a debuff on you that causes the warriors attacks to ignore 20% of your armor

In order to perform said ability warrior must swap into battle stance leaving him with 25 rage
    you then have 3 seconds of the warrior waiting for white attack until he can do any damage

My question is
    When was the last time a paladin needed to bubble in order to kill a warrior patch 2.4 ?
    (does not apply in arena because if you attack the warrior before his teammates are dead you are stupid)

with the skills debuff +5 sunders and while in battle stance the warrior now mitigates 50% of your armor
    (if your not attacking him he has no rage) yet this will benefit other melee classes on the warriors team
    God you're right I'll still dominate the 1v1 arena!

Quote from GC

Q u o t e:
    So can you please explain why you want another ability that blows up Bubble? Is it so you can buff Paladins in other ways? Please explain the balance of this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paladins are extremely powerful in PvP right now.
    Priests are the only class that can break bubbles. We felt another class needed the ability.
    Warriors are weak in PvP right now.
    Warriors needed another reason to want to go to Battle Stance.
    Going to Battle Stance helps to telegraph what the warrior is about to do.
    It just all fit.

Just in case the paladins wanted to know WHY warriors are getting this instead of some random class. Id' say its pretty safe to say, ya its going live. Warriors simply are the instrument of a nerf they wanted to throw at you specifically. They wanted another class to be able to break your bubble.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

what effect will this have on Divine Protection? DP is not an immunity/invulnerability, rather it's a damage reduction ability, so i'd assume it wouldn't remove it, and therefore it would probably be more beneficial to use DP than DS against a warrior team.

Paladins are very powerful in PvP right now, so we'll nerf a core ability that we've specifically said we balance the class about, so that when the resillience gear catches up Paladins will once again be stuck blowing balls in PvP, and suffering in PvE, because we're morons.

Why didn't they just say that?

#1 Remove your bubble

My question is

Since when is this game about 1v1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblueox
    what effect will this have on Divine Protection? DP is not an immunity/invulnerability, rather it's a damage reduction ability, so i'd assume it wouldn't remove it, and therefore it would probably be more beneficial to use DP than DS against a warrior team.
    Shield Slam macro and dispel that DP? Can't remember if it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolatorGG
    Shield Slam macro and dispel that DP? Can't remember if it can be done.
    If it's a magic buff and not an invulnerability, I'm fairly certain it can be dispelled with Shield Slam.

warrs will most likely pwn any high armored targets after 3.1
    its rly easy to reach 100% armor ignore after 3.1 so imagine that this pally which doesnt need bubble vs warr now will be critted as it was critter and then not even being able to bubble cause warr will pop his bubble use bloodrage and pummel heal
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

If they add some kind range requiment for it, it will be fine then. Yea i know they can charge to us from there but its give us time to cast even 1 heal in bubble

Just for the record

The change that was going to be made to warriors rage when stance dancing was canceled
    (it was a bad change seeing as how warriors never had a full rage bar in pvp and swapping stances with less than 25 rage would of left us with zero rage)

Warriors are still hoping Tactical mastery will be changed to allow the carry over of more rage but nothing has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    warrs will most likely pwn any high armored targets after 3.1
    its rly easy to reach 100% armor ignore after 3.1 so imagine that this pally which doesnt need bubble vs warr now will be critted as it was critter and then not even being able to bubble cause warr will pop his bubble use bloodrage and pummel heal
    Like someone above said the new ability will not deal damage and place the debuff on the target if the target is shielded it will instead just remove the shield.

Also would like to point out on a fully sundered target where the new ability was used for the debuff a warrior is going to ignore 40% of your armor (50% if they stay in battle stance "they wont" and another 15% if they chose mace spec which again they will not.

shattering throw just sucks. believe me it does. It has 1.5 sec cast time, it rquires battle stance and it costs a lot of rage that warriors often just do not have. 5 out of 10 times, the warrior will not even be able to cast it and if he can, you will just run away from it and hide behind a pillar.
    This user has been banned.

How does this makes sense?

My bubble has suffered attacks from 20 people hitting me, it has survived attacks from Illidan stormrage himself, even after a pyroblast from Kael'thas has it never failed me, but now, a gnome can throw his weapon at me, and it'll be splintered into a million pieces?

As several other people has suggested, remove our bubble, and give us something else instead, balance us around it, it's just causing more problems than solving any.
    No sentence can ever be compelte without a typo.

Wheres the blue post that says that Shield slam will remove Divine Shield or Hand of Protection?