Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So.. Uhm.. What's up with Retadins and Feral Druids?

by solo I mean no one else attacking it and no debuffs besides my ret ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    You totally forgot how rets can fly and rain holy hell from the skies while playing a pan flute and eating nachos.
    lolol ! thats how i roll with my retri paladin

RETRI POWA xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    Actually in the newest PTR build SotM is doing pretty much the numbers blizzard mentioned in the patch notes and I still do around 750 dps less than I do on live. Blizzard LIED to us. Our dps over time went down. They say they planned to improve us but at the moment they did nothing but nerf us. If they add more changes they might be able to improve our damage over time, but at the moment both our burst and damage over time went down. And I'm not a retnub, I have over 300 days played on my pally and a full Ret BiS set and am generally top 1-3 dps in my guild that downed 3D Sarth months ago, and the PTR I can't break 3K dps on the raid dummy with tons of debuffs from everyone else testing on them, on live I can break 3.6K solo sometimes even hit 4K dps depending on who else has their debuffs on there.
    I have basically a set put together as offpieces while tanking for random pugs and I can pull 3.2k dps as ret on the ptr with 15 talent points not even spent. This is on the boss target dummy without even using hammer of wrath. If you can't break 3k dps on the raid dummy with tons of debuffs from everyone else testing on them, your just bad, especially since you claim you have full Ret BiS set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayshine
    Then Retribution paladins and Feral druids should be ruling the arena ladder now, Quick ill go check!

... nope afraid they are not, you my friend must be mistaken.
    What is wrong with you dont you see the Arena tournament.....hmm I see a lots of ret paladin

Deleted

They have the highest physical DPS of all specs without a MS debuff, which isn't saying much considering that their only contenders are Enhancement Shamans, and DKs who deal ~50% magical damage.

You can easily outheal their damage though. It's when MS effects or CCs or Stuns come in that these classes are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    I don't remember seeing Retadins or Feral Druids getting any changes to reduce their bursty-ness... Did anything happen to them? In fact, I'm relatively sure Feral Druids are doing more damage on the PTR than they are on Live.. i.e. what the hell?

At the moment, as a Disc Priest with 23k health and over 900 (can break 1000 if I ignore hit cap) resilience, specced for full survivability, these two classes completely shit on me in a 1v1 situation. Obviously PvP isn't balanced around 1v1 situations, but..

If I sit through it's opener and it's Maim without a trinket, I'll come out at with as little as 30% health; at which point I'm pretty much screwed. Hell, even if I Pain Suppression myself the instant I get the Daze effect from leap, before it opens on me, and I'll come out of stun with less than 50% health. At which point I'm also pretty screwed.

Retadins are the exact same. They can completely blow me up by rolling their faces on their keyboards; their burst is just ridiculous. I've been taken down as much as 12k health in 3-4 seconds by a single Retadin.

Not trying to make this a 'QQ these classes kills me, nerf plx' thread, by the way. I'd assume all other cloth classes have the same problems with them. I know Rogues do, and I'd guess Shamans might, as well. I thought Blizzard said they were trying to get rid of all the burst in arenas, but it doesn't look like they've done anything to either of these classes, unless I'm wrong.
    Ok um rets killing you that fast i think is your problem not rets, as a shaman with Much less resil than you no shields no dispel magic no hots i can live vs a ret for a VERY long time Not using earth shield. HoT your self shield mitigates almost an entire judgement , fuck they cant even stop u mindcontrolling them off you. Hoj 30sec CD u can trinket the first. Fear before they get first hoj forces trinket. Fear before 2nd hoj = you run away and they wont get back to you, hell u can even mount behind a poll, mindcontrol w/e.

I think you do not understand how rets work, they have 3 abilities they can use in a 8 second window judge divine storm and crusader strike, + repent every 45 sec and Hoj. Shield at the start of this and win?

My ret partner has BiS every thing and disc priest shields piss him off alot with out active purges against a good priest i dont see him killing them in a 1v1 till they are oom. Fuk as a resto shaman they sure as hell wont kill me till i go oom which is never with out insane luck or a mistake on my part. (note armor means little vs ret due to a huge portion of dmg as holy) I never use earth shield vs a lone ret.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    I don't remember seeing Retadins or Feral Druids getting any changes to reduce their bursty-ness... Did anything happen to them? In fact, I'm relatively sure Feral Druids are doing more damage on the PTR than they are on Live.. i.e. what the hell?

At the moment, as a Disc Priest with 23k health and over 900 (can break 1000 if I ignore hit cap) resilience, specced for full survivability, these two classes completely shit on me in a 1v1 situation. Obviously PvP isn't balanced around 1v1 situations, but..

If I sit through it's opener and it's Maim without a trinket, I'll come out at with as little as 30% health; at which point I'm pretty much screwed. Hell, even if I Pain Suppression myself the instant I get the Daze effect from leap, before it opens on me, and I'll come out of stun with less than 50% health. At which point I'm also pretty screwed.

Retadins are the exact same. They can completely blow me up by rolling their faces on their keyboards; their burst is just ridiculous. I've been taken down as much as 12k health in 3-4 seconds by a single Retadin.

Not trying to make this a 'QQ these classes kills me, nerf plx' thread, by the way. I'd assume all other cloth classes have the same problems with them. I know Rogues do, and I'd guess Shamans might, as well. I thought Blizzard said they were trying to get rid of all the burst in arenas, but it doesn't look like they've done anything to either of these classes, unless I'm wrong.

There is only one reason a priest is losing to a ret paladin.

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop blaming your own shittiness on other people. I cant believe you lost to a ret paladin. And ok even if you were saying the truth about the paladins 12k imba burst in 4 seconds on a 900 resilience target you still have 11k health and your a fucking disc priest it will take u 1 second to undo what the paladin just did and guess what that dmg he did he wont be able to do for about 8 seconds. Get a fucking pvp trinket and trinket his stun ooooooo now he has repentance. My god the retardedness of some people... you would expect people who know how to play who would post on this site but i was horribly horribly mistaken.

A disc priest saying he thinks a ret paladin is OP cos he cant beat them. Go ask any decent disc priest on your server if they would ever lose to a ret paladin. theyll laugh in your face.

Scrub

Well I see that some of us still have common sense. And agreed with Majestic, resto chamans are a bitch to kill as well . Still good fun to try and take one down. I just don't like disc cauz they can dispell my bubble, other than that I love fighting healers, part of the game to outburst / outsmart them .
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

OP you haven't looked at all when it comes to feral druids and the patch. Every single part of our "burst" is being nerfed, but our long term damage output is being increased to compete with other classes.

PS: stop sucking

Rets are fine, ferals are not, good thing feral gets nerfed

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

yay next patch the burst is getting nerfed... think Blizzard listened to whiners like the OP.

now because we do not have a mortal strike like debuff we will kill healers with our ... burst?, no wait we don't have that anymore
    uhm... sustained dps! yes that's gonna do the trick  :

Well good i'm not retri anymore, that spec get's buffed at the beginning of an expansion pack and when it is actually on par with other specs, people still whine because RETLOLTHEYSHOULDNTBEPWNINGMEH!

/rant

I am pretty sure someone mentioned Nachos in this thread.

yum

Have any of you guys set foot in the PTR? Seriously?

Ret paladins are ferociously overpowered. Their damage potential is through the roof-- if you'd played, you'd know what I'm talking about. I'm a DK, king of the duels, and I can hardly get a retadin past 75% by the end of a duel.

As for feral-- I had a 6-minute duel with one last night as Blood and won after using every single cooldown twice. I shudder to think what it'd be like as a caster.