Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral Tanks :: Crit Chance & Attack Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Avermra
    considering 4 AP is 1 damage absorbed (even assuming 100% uptime, which it isn't), and you can trade 4ap for 3 stamina in terms of item budget, that sounds like something really stupid to do
    Why would you stack stam anyways? Only bad druids do that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    becase every tank does it and if we druids dont do it warriors will pass us in hp whit T8
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    becase every tank does it and if we druids dont do it warriors will pass us in hp whit T8
    still not true, if we stocked full agi (with 2 patial blues for meta gem) and a warrior sockets full stam. In full T8 were still ahead and we still scale the best with stam in general

stacking stam on a druid has and most likely always will be a bad idea (with the exception of a few scenarios)

so if you don't want to stack stam, and stacking AP is worse than stacking stam, you don't stack AP

glad we agree
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    p.s: According to bliz SD is only suppose to proc of direct damage and not from bleed crits
    According to a recent EJ post (with screenshots), Savage Defense was very clearly triggering from Lacerate crits in the previous PTR build. I haven't been on my druid on the PTR recently enough to see if this stealth change was reverted in the latest patch. As to whether it's intended to proc from Lacerate ticks, I haven't seen a blue post on the topic yet (did I just miss it?), but if it's not intended, I suppose it'll be fixed before it goes live (if it hasn't been already).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    As to whether it's intended to proc from Lacerate ticks, I haven't seen a blue post on the topic yet (did I just miss it?), but if it's not intended, I suppose it'll be fixed before it goes live (if it hasn't been already).
    lets hope blizzard overlooks it

or some1 like me... MT os3d / no dk tank in guild
    cry out

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mpm
    or some1 like me... MT os3d / no dk tank in guild
    I MT os3d as well but that doesn't stop me geming agi, i have a separate set for special occasions like that

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    p.s: According to bliz SD is only suppose to proc of direct damage and not from bleed crits
    I dont think it would matter *much* if SD procs from Lacerate ticks. A chance to proc on a 3 second tick (right?) means that with 40% crit, it would proc off the tick every 6 seconds. An addition, but not a massive one.

considering 4 AP is 1 damage absorbed (even assuming 100% uptime, which it isn't), and you can trade 4ap for 3 stamina in terms of item budget, that sounds like something really stupid to do
    Its not up 100% of the time, but close enough. I did some calculations a few weeks ago, where i was offtanking patchwerk (for steady, fast hatefulls) and considering the loss in armor, but gaining SD, on paper the damage i took went up by a measly 11 DPS. This is from a boss hitting every 1,1 second or so.

A major factor is dodge. The shield doesn't (shouldn't) disappear when you dodge, so with 40% dodge you may have a shield up for quite a while. You could get two fast hits in a row, but then again, you could be critting fast aswell. On a slower hitting boss, i would expect that 90-95%+ of attacks would hit a Savage Defense - i didn't do the math on that, but its just a quick estimate.

so if you don't want to stack stam, and stacking AP is worse than stacking stam, you don't stack AP

glad we agree
    I would probably just continue to stack agility (i have 3x jewelcrafting stamina gems though). It gives me dodge for.. dodging, and crit for threat and proccing SD.

15+ Year Old Account

Stacking stam = Less overhealing = More health per heal on average.

Unbuffed I have 40k health, 5k ap, 38 percent dodge. With some raid buffs on that makes it 50k health, ~7k ap, ~42 percent dodge. I think in a 25-Man environment stacking stam helps more than stacking avoidance.

When you've got a couple of healers slamming heals into you every second minimizing overhealing can give you more apparent mitigation than a few % of dodge.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist65535

Unbuffed I have 40k health, 5k ap, 38 percent dodge. With some raid buffs on that makes it 50k health, ~7k ap, ~42 percent dodge. I think in a 25-Man environment stacking stam helps more than stacking avoidance.

When you've got a couple of healers slamming heals into you every second minimizing overhealing can give you more apparent mitigation than a few % of dodge.
    Stacking avoidence = Less damage = Less healing needed.

You may be up for a rude awakening when Ulduar comes. While Naxx is painfully easy, it will hopefully be different in 3.1. The way mana works have been changed, and theres more pressure on the healers. Fights will be different, and many include adds and cross healing. Ofcourse, you can just switch gems, but i like to think ahead a bit.

Think about it like this: If you never drop below 20k health, then you could easely lose 10k and still be in a good spot to survive. The less damage you take, the less the healers have to worry about you, over the rest of the raid. There are many fights where everybody takes quite a lot of damage, especially on hard mode. Its sure to be a drain on healers mana.

15+ Year Old Account

"The way mana works have been changed"

Please elaborate.

There are going to be fights where your healers will be healing you whether you get hit or not because they can't take the chance of you getting hit twice in a row. Fights like these you may as well have 0 percent avoidance for all the heals being spammed on you. Extra health gives your healers a buffer which can be used to soak up extra hits.

iv just regem on ptr from full stamina stac 2: agi +agi/stam +3 stamianJC gems and now iv got:

34137 hp
    40,09 dodge
    28878 ar
    35,74 crit

so...
    gain: +/- 3,8% dodge & 1,3k ar
    lost: of +/- 2,5k hp
    (forgot 2 write down crit b4 regem)

so with 34k i can tank everything now [ apart os3d ofc. ] and i hope that will do fine in uld
    cry out

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist65535

Does your server have an armory? if you want to brag about stats then you need to prove it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Does your server have an armory? if you want to brag about stats then you need to prove it.
    Live server self buffed:

Health 40117
    Armor 34621
    Dodge %38.2
    Attack Power 4830
    Crit %36.12
    Expertise %5
    Hit %1.95
    Attack Speed 2.46

PTR self buffed:

Health 38177
    Armor 28729
    Dodge %38.23
    Crit %36.12
    Expertise %5
    Hit %1.95
    Attack Speed 2.46

Live server raid buffed:

Health 51549
    Armor 37473
    Dodge %45.1
    Attack Power 6103
    Crit unknown
    Expertise unknown
    Hit unknown
    Attack Speed unknown

Aeila - Khaz'goroth (us)

You can armory me if you want but I have 3 full sets of off-set gear I switch between.