Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Clarifying Judgements

A long time ago everyone complained that Ret and Prot were useless. So they were fixed and are now both incredibly playable and viable in raids. Then Prot wasn't nearly as good as a Druid or Warrior for tanking. So they were brought up to par and in many cases surpassed the other classes. Then Ret's battle "system" (I use that term loosely) was deemed boring, ancient, and unproductive. So it was completely overhauled and improved. Then everyone complained about which spec was supposed to spend 5 talent points to pick up Blessing of Kings. So it was made baseline for all Paladins.

So now here we are, with every major problem fixed with the class, we're down to the nit-picking. You could say that it's annoying, but I kind of like it in a sadistic way only a veteran Paladin player can. I liken it to rebuilding an old beat up car, where you had to build a chassis from scratch, buy an entire engine, strip the whole thing of paint, and gut out the interior. As a Paladin class we're beyond that level of critical repair, and we're down to cleaning out the ashtrays and testing alignment. Whining about which is the three specs in every raid should cast which Judgement. It's kind of a neat moment if you step back and think about it. =)

Anyway...

http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/04/...nt-day_03.html

Feel free to share your opinions and thoughts!

Re: ♪ Clarifying Judgements ♫

Amusing I must say, all that writing that you set out perfectly, and it's all stuff any half decent paladin should know.

Good job for whoever didnt know it though

I don't exactly agree with self promotion here, but if it helps a couple pallies, why not?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    made a thread to advertise your blog?
    Not quite. I just didn't want to flood someone's face with a page of info only to get the cliche "TL;DR" reply. So I put the intro and then the link to offer the option to read the full article it instead of force-feeding. *shrug*

as prot, as long as you have Judgement of the Just it doesnt matter what judgement you use.

I use wisdom and it does get overwritten but we often end up with 3 visible judgments on the Boss. Light, Wisdom, and... Wisdom? ya the icon shows up twice for the 20% swing speed debuff. there's no real point to use justice as prot since the boss is definitely not going to run away lol.

im not an old car
    Lemon Juice

Deleted

This is wrong, as Judgement of Wisdom does not scale at all. Light will be overwritten.

Interesting..

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    as prot, as long as you have Judgement of the Just it doesnt matter what judgement you use.

I use wisdom and it does get overwritten but we often end up with 3 visible judgments on the Boss. Light, Wisdom, and... Wisdom? ya the icon shows up twice for the 20% swing speed debuff. there's no real point to use justice as prot since the boss is definitely not going to run away lol.
    pretty sure if another paladin uses the same judgement as you, your debuff will go away until you rejudge.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Clarifying Judgements

Same thing with the Crusader buff from a Ret paladin's judge, the effect will be lost (unless you have an Elemental Shaman, in which case it will almost never be applied).

Interesting to point out that Holy builds will have to judge 3 times a minute.... because its not like they would had to judge 3 times already to keep up Light

Anyone else noticed that Ferraro is pretty hot, for a (I'm guessing) younger lady?

Beauty and Paladinliness are so rarely found in concert .

Or that could just be a cute avatar pick and ferraro is really a 40 year old balding man living in a van down by the river....

Just tossing it out there :-)

Yes, light scales so the ret with the most ap & sp should cast it. Everyone else casts wis to keep it up as much as possible. No need to cast anything else unless the fight calls for it. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by grapes911
    Everyone else casts wis to keep it up as much as possible. No need to cast anything else unless the fight calls for it. It really is that simple.
    prot paladin judge wiz-----boss get 20% reduced speed
    holy paladin judge wiz-----boss loose that debuff
    prot paladin have to wait 4 second to give the debuff back

im not gonna make our warrior waste rage on tclap

Quote Originally Posted by grapes911
    Yes, light scales so the ret with the most ap & sp should cast it. Everyone else casts wis to keep it up as much as possible. No need to cast anything else unless the fight calls for it. It really is that simple.
    As much as possible?
    it's a 20 second debuff that from a prot paladin perspective will be renewed every time their judgement is off CD.
    There really isn't a such thing as "keeping it up" it is up, and it will stay up. Unless the prot paladin dies.

mmo-champion.com: the place where paladins whine even at people who are NICE to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    As much as possible?
    it's a 20 second debuff that from a prot paladin perspective will be renewed every time their judgement is off CD.
    There really isn't a such thing as "keeping it up" it is up, and it will stay up. Unless the prot paladin dies.
    Exactly. And if there is no protection pally, then the holly pally keep it up as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril
    Or that could just be a cute avatar pick and ferraro is really a 40 year old balding man living in a van down by the river....

Just tossing it out there :-)
    At least he/she found two pictures of attractive (younger?) girls who look alike for her MMO-Champion Sig and Blogspot images.

In any event, I agree with this post. I would also like to add that these aren't your ONLY options, if there's no Prot Paladin, there's no reason to cast Justice. If there's no Ret Paladin, I'd skip wisdom and have the Holy Paladin drop Light instead, but that's preference. We dont use many casters in my guild's raids, so Light winds up looking better for all of our silly warriors, rogues and suicidal DKs.

If you find yourself without Holy Paladins, but have lots of casters and not a lot of raid damage, I find it perfectly acceptable for a Ret Paladin to judge wisdom.

Judgements should also be selected according to the fight and the raid's needs, provided you dont have three Paladins to cover all bases.

Currently judgement of light from a retribution paladin is 90-95% over heal...

I do believe that a well geared ret pallies judgement of light will be needed on General Vezax hard mode, as well as some of the other more difficult encounters/mana sensative encounters for healers in Uldar.

The more difficult the content becomes, the more usefull the free heals from a well geared retribution paladin will be in progression.

I know that back in the day, the only time we would ever take a Retribution Paladin would be if he had the optimized group for it. I'm glad to see that all specs now have a role in raids. But I would like to see Holy stop getting hit in PvE becuase of PvP, let them stay buff, resto druids never got hit s1-4.