What Ui, add-ons will be ready . as soon 3.1 get out >.<

Xpearl didnt have any update till 4 month now .. :S it my main concern , it better to go with another UI ? where we can found what will work and ready to go . or already work with Patch . 3.1 ?

Re: What Ui, add-ons will be ready . as soon 3.1 get out >.<

3.1 is going to be interesting with Blizz changing the rules of addons. A lot of addon creators are saying they will not work on addons if they don't have the right to charge for them or at least ask in game for donations within the addon itself.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I doubt it will have a big impact. You can still put a link in your mod to your website and have a paypal button there. I also doubt it very much they make a lot of money from it.

The impact should be fairly small.
    Just means certain addons will be disabled, but those are very few.

More interesting will be how curse handles the new rules for their downloader. As that one also falls under the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazabel
    Xpearl didnt have any update till 4 month now .. :S it my main concern , it better to go with another UI ? where we can found what will work and ready to go . or already work with Patch . 3.1 ?
    Get different UI frames anyway. Xpearl is a resource hog.

I'd recommend Ag_UF

Xperl is a horror to setup, and slow as well as poorly updated.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I like Pitbull4, personally. If I had the time to devote to setting it up, I'd also be happier with Stuf, as it's way more configurable than Pitbull3 or 4.

Also, regarding the Curse downloader, BBR, it falls more under the rules for a website than an addon. Also, the upcoming "premium" thing for Curse will only change whether downloads are automatic or not, and how many advertisements you see when you visit the actual website.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Also, the ONLY addons that WON'T work in 3.1 are the ones that deal with displaying buffs/debuffs (or Auras, as they're often referred to), because Blizzard is making a couple of fundamental changes to how they're handled at the API level.

Many addons are already releasing 3.1 compatible versions that change their behaviour based on which version of WoW you're running. Some are just marking their 3.1 addons as "beta".