15+ Year Old Account

Cat Swipe nerfed ?

whit the chance of SR instead of getting 40% more AP where its based off we get 30% more dmg but swipe doesnt got any base dmg its like fully based off AP. sothat like a 7% nerf.

but now i also readed
    "Swipe: Now properly affected by area-of-effect damage caps."

so i got no idea what the cap is but i gues we wil be nerfed a bit more of bigger groups? anyone know what cap is ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Re: Cat Swipe nerfed ?

Same for mages. if you aoe a group of more than 10 mobs (i think) the total damage goes down slightly for each extra mob.

Shouldn't affect a huge lot of situations, but you'll see noticeably less damage on the large spider packs, or S3d whelps.

15+ Year Old Account

ah tobad it was the large AOE packts in naxx that made me top meter ;D

whit my 1.5K - 2.5K normal hits and 3K - 5K crits all over the group :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    whit the chance of SR instead of getting 40% more AP where its based off we get 30% more dmg but swipe doesnt got any base dmg its like fully based off AP. sothat like a 7% nerf.

but now i also readed
    "Swipe: Now properly affected by area-of-effect damage caps."

so i got no idea what the cap is but i gues we wil be nerfed a bit more of bigger groups? anyone know what cap is ?
    you have base paw damage.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

It wouldn't surprise me if CatSwipe got toned down a bit.

In 25Naxx, it generally crits for 5k+ and 7k+ with trinket procs, with my PB being 8.2k on the horde of little spiders...
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

hmm... now that bear swipe is becoming 360 degree and no target required, I'm wondering if kitty swipe will be getting the same treatment... Anyone know?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    hmm... now that bear swipe is becoming 360 degree and no target required, I'm wondering if kitty swipe will be getting the same treatment... Anyone know?
    no

Deleted

I know you dont like nerfs, but i feel that i must bring out the Care sign. Its trash. Its not like you are losing half your DPS - it simply goes down a tiny bit, and only in the circumstances where there are a LOT of mobs to kill. In reality, it just means that your group will take a second or two more to kill mobs.

and honestly... it was a bit over the top. We did some throw back runs awhile back to t5 and t6 just for the hell of it. I was so far ahead of the other dps classes on trash it wasn't even funny. It almost seemed like they weren't even doing anything other than adding spell effects.

15+ Year Old Account

when sinmce i lack skillz as a player the only way i can top the overalll dmg meter is by swiping
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Bovisabeo
    and honestly... it was a bit over the top. We did some throw back runs awhile back to t5 and t6 just for the hell of it. I was so far ahead of the other dps classes on trash it wasn't even funny. It almost seemed like they weren't even doing anything other than adding spell effects.
    They're adding a total damage cap to swipe, so you don't have to be worry about being OP at clearing AoE trash
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Avermra
    They're adding a total damage cap to swipe, so you don't have to be worry about being OP at clearing AoE trash
    I was happy with my #1 spot, but was a bit confused where it came from, then I saw the patch notes to make it be affected by the AOE cap. If anything it puts us where we should be relative to other AOE, which I see nothing wrong with.

A well played feral will still be a strong dps even with this change.

I only just got my druid to 80 and noticed swipe had no aoe cap
    I went down in azjol nerub where those red spiders x about 40-50 are - everysingle one took full damage - cant recall if its "one crit = all crit" but with 45% crit it was a ton of 6ks... wrecked the meter for the instance but did explain how (I take pride in competant DPS but its personal - not to wave in other peoples face)

But yea its as simple logic as everyone elses aoe - its certainley less fun, but a prot pala gathering the entire BT steps and my lock exploding them with seed before they could even turn to me was so OP - it would be far too much of a difference grinding solo or grinding aoe.