Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: rogue/priest 2v2 arena

Chia, Fellow THUNDERHORN player! ;D

lol hey dunners ^^

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    it's viable, but honestly, it's not the best comp for either class by a long shot.

Priest is FAR better off with a hunter, DK, or ret paladin.

Rogue is FAR better off with a mage, shaman, or holy paladin (hell even lock/rogue is better)

Then again what holy paladin or shaman is gonna run with a rogue when they can run with a DK or hunter and faceroll.
    DK/Priest is NOT a good comp...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

You're gonna leave a lot of matches frustrated... especially if you're the priest. I play this comp at 2200 and it's honestly no easy task. Matches against hunters are gonna involve you and your rogue nuking 1 of them down before a heal gets off (generally whichever person is in the worst spot...). Against DK's, you're either gonna have the priest being OOM from healing his rogue or the priest is going to run out of instant spells and get gibbed. Other comps are more dependent on your team's play styles. Lock shaman is a huge uphill fight from what i've experienced. With the excessive amount of fears covered by UA, you're gonna run around CC'd most of the match. Even if your team's rogue sits on that lock all day, there's still large amounts of pressure.

This comp is heavily reliant on your priest imo. Your rogue does his thing, but depending on how this team's priest plays can either make or break you. If he/she plays too heavy into 1 aspect (far too much attention on the enemy and not enough on your team or the other way around) then you'll end up losing a lot of matches you should probably win. Double engineering is basically a must imho. Just like someone else said, even with the Generators being nerfed... nitro boots are an absolute game maker if used correctly.

Hope this helps a bit. ??? This comp will be frustrating, but work out the kinks and make sure the rogue realizes that he needs to work around his priest. It can't work the other way around. Your rogue isn't the key player of this team... the priest is.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MTVRiffRaff
    You're gonna leave a lot of matches frustrated... especially if you're the priest. I play this comp at 2200 and it's honestly no easy task. Matches against hunters are gonna involve you and your rogue nuking 1 of them down before a heal gets off (generally whichever person is in the worst spot...). Against DK's, you're either gonna have the priest being OOM from healing his rogue or the priest is going to run out of instant spells and get gibbed. Other comps are more dependent on your team's play styles. Lock shaman is a huge uphill fight from what i've experienced. With the excessive amount of fears covered by UA, you're gonna run around CC'd most of the match. Even if your team's rogue sits on that lock all day, there's still large amounts of pressure.

This comp is heavily reliant on your priest imo. Your rogue does his thing, but depending on how this team's priest plays can either make or break you. If he/she plays too heavy into 1 aspect (far too much attention on the enemy and not enough on your team or the other way around) then you'll end up losing a lot of matches you should probably win. Double engineering is basically a must imho. Just like someone else said, even with the Generators being nerfed... nitro boots are an absolute game maker if used correctly.

Hope this helps a bit. ??? This comp will be frustrating, but work out the kinks and make sure the rogue realizes that he needs to work around his priest. It can't work the other way around. Your rogue isn't the key player of this team... the priest is.

Good luck!
    agreed. if the priest blows it wont go anywhere. dont get me wrong priest is harder to play than rogues.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.