Druid leveling spec/instance healing

Hi

I dinged 70 yesterday on my druid (moonkin atm) and now I would like a spec I could lvl without problems (low dps etc.) but still be able to heal in WOTLK instances. Is that at all possible without gimping my dps to badly.

Hope you guys get what I mean.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Re: Druid leveling spec/instance healing

lvling as healer is easy as long u have mana xD
    i did it the same way with my druid.

if u dont want to be feral(like me) then maybe try this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...0&version=9757

restokin is doable.

Or just be a plain old moonkin.

Ok,

I can help you here! This is exactly what I did leveling to 80 and it worked out like a dream. Now, if you have ever healed in treeform it is a lot different healing this way, but it works.

You are full balance yes, because you are still going to be questing and doing AOE grinds and this spec is huge for running into a group, popping starfall and barskin, and hurricane them all down. I've killed up to 25 things at once doing this and watch the experience pile up. So this is great for questing and you can still even get away with doing instances as DPS even though the majority of the time I'm still healing. I only had 2 people freak out when they looked at my spec but I shut them up once we did HOL and I was a 76 and nobody died.

Now you do have to have some skill and know what you are doing or you will not do good. I was not used to healing touch being my main save all and using stronger heals. I was used to stacking the life blooms.

I recommend throwing a rejuv as the tank goes in and then casting the regrowth next. After the regrowth if he is doing fine, I will start my lifebloom stack, if not I go for the healing touch. Once your stacks are up then refresh and healing touch if things get sticky. It worked out great. Just be careful of your threat and you will run out of mana on boss fights if you do not go in full mana bar. But with innervate, mana potion, I never once was completely out of mana for any boss fight.

Again, this spec if you know how to heal will certainly allow you to be very successful healing instances and amazing for the grind to 80 with quests and AOE. I did it just fine.

Leveled Boomkin from 70-80
    Loved every minute of it!!

tehehe

just go full moonkin you will have some little m,ana probs at long fights but like the poster above said innervate and manapot does the job

no need to go restokin at all i played myself that way up from 70 and all you need is a bit skill as healer and an eye for your mana bar, don't pop innvervate when your at 1% mana do it earlier ...with the time you ge a feeling when to pop innervate to get back to 100% without having an "over mana return"

ins some cases you can even pop a starfall an keep healeing while doing some dps .. awsome ^^ and compared to feral you got enough mana and so on

still feral healing is ok but inda skucks compared to moonkin healeing ... no offence(?) ment, ya?
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

15+ Year Old Account

is eclipse worth to take? as i hear sometimes it sucks, but to me it seems a good talent. i don't know if it up-/downgrades your dps... so can someone please tell me if it is?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I recommend taking a standard pve resto build with ToL and WG if you plan on leveling by instancing. I leveled 10-80 as resto on my druid (though, it wasnt really optimal till i hit 60 and was able to instance).

There was a post here the other day asking for a lvl 70 resto druid spec. I recommend looking there for advice.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0VGZZf0IubuxVuq0st is the build I recommend.

There are some points you can mess with, but generally thats a strong 5man build to take you to 80. As I explained in the other thread, while Nature's Majesty does not directly benefit you much healing (its good solo'ing though), its required for Nature's Splendor and Nature's Grace, which are pretty much required and should be your first 4 talent points as you start leveling up. Living Seed isn't too hot till next patch. Natural Perfection is pretty decent, though not as good as other options till late in the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger
    is eclipse worth to take? as i hear sometimes it sucks, but to me it seems a good talent. i don't know if it up-/downgrades your dps... so can someone please tell me if it is?
    Eclipse is a huge DPS boost while raiding (anyone who tells you otherwise is bad at rotations-- the math does not lie). You can ignore it while leveling (while doing 5 mans, you're not going to get many raid buffs and this have a pretty low crit overall).

Quote Originally Posted by Fluiddruid
    Leveled Boomkin from 70-80
    Loved every minute of it!!
    I did too. But I was feral from 1-71 and decided to go Boom. Used crafted/AH gear to start, but 71-80 was a breeze and a lot of fun. Now I have gone fulltime boom, and retired my mage as my raid main. My 25 man geared mage makes food and portals my other toons around, lol

My boom also heals the back of 25 man 4 horseman
    "Peace is a lie"

Gonna take Taralocke advice and see how it plays out. Thanks everybody for answering. Will report back from my first boomkin healing session, if I get a spot as a healer that is.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games