Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Druids oomtrees in Arena after patch ?

Quote Originally Posted by texx
    Yep, its a fact that druids are the lowest arena healers QQ... getting pwned by only one dk sucks

but i have a question, how do u arena healers will spec with which glyphs? (barskin,etc?)
    I really have another question in light of everything:
    Does it matter? No, really. Will ANY glyph make you survive past the initial burst and STILL retain some mana?

Usually i´d leave a thread like this with a emo comment but not this time cause there is some truth to this.

Druid wont go oom unrealistic not fun fast.. They will go oom intensionally fast.. Its just palas who goes oom WAAAAY to slow.. and for that matter shamans.

And the emo comment..

Druids are the ace of all trades you dont like using mana go feral best burst in the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Hipponater
    Not having hots removed helps, but druids are still the only healers who can't remove diseases.
    Priests are still the only class that can't remove poisons : /

and don't give me "they can as holy", its too far down the drain to even think about picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgaurdian
    Priests are still the only class that can't remove poisons : /

and don't give me "they can as holy", its too far down the drain to even think about picking it up.
    priests are also the only healer class that can mass dispell and mana burn...so whats your point?

DKs will be more balanced, and when there's less of them it will help druids (because DKs counter us big time)

I'd pray for DK nerfs, not mana regen buffs if I really wanted druids to be more prevalent in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    priests are also the only healer class that can mass dispell and mana burn...so whats your point?
    we're the only class with "mana burn" but not the only class with a mana drain.

warriors are getting their version of mass dispell

so whats YOUR point?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgaurdian
    we're the only class with "mana burn" but not the only class with a mana drain.

warriors are getting their version of mass dispell

so whats YOUR point?
    Aren't we talking about healers? ( I mean, warriors won't be a choice when what you are looking for is a healer. ) Cause atm pple when looking for a partner for arena team aren't thinking " hmmm, resto druid or a pally? tough choice. " NO. they are going " Yay, a holy pallie ( shamie/priest , although those healers will generate less cheer as a general rule, but still they will be generally preferred to druids. )! Lets begin !"

Quote Originally Posted by luren
    Do u guy(refering to those above me) even pvp and read patch note carefully? we getting more of a buffer that a nerf. u dont need to keep rolling LB u can use ur cri able Nourish(it about 35% cri if ur in pvp gear), and the mana cost reduction to cast HOTs(with tree talent) + tree-form mana reduction.

Main point is blizzard want resto-druid play differently from s1-s4 (what about s5? is there any resto in s5 arena?)

so.....stop QQing let's wait for the patch

Yall QQ monsters, do know spirit is Bull shit in arena right(now)? why? U basically got 2-5 shotted in arena, do u need mana reg? (right now?) or can u mana reg?

and of course blizzard want u to OOM did u read blue post?

Restoration

Living Seed: This talent now accounts for total healing including overhealing.
    Improved Mark of the Wild:Now also increases all of your total attributes by 1/2%.
    Intensity: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting.
    New Talent: Improved Barkskin: Increases the damage reduction granted by your Barkskin spell by 5/10%, and increases your resistance to Dispel mechanics by an additional 30/60% while under the effect of Barkskin.
    Improved Regrowth: This talent is renamed Natures Bounty. Increases the critical effect chance of your Regrowth and Nourish spells by 5/10/15/20/25%.
    Replenish: This talent is now re-named Revitalize and also works with Wild Growth.
    Tree of Life: Now receives 240% increased armor. You can now use Nature's Grasp and Thorns while within this form. In addition, the discount on heal-over-time spells from this talent is now active at all times, whether or not the druid is in Tree of Life form. Mana cost reduced to match the cost of Travel Form.

I would have to say that "Main point is blizzard want resto-druid play differently from s1-s4 (what about s5? is there any resto in s5 arena?)" they already did.

Tree of Life overall armor was a nerf [edit - oops] buff. Nature's Grasp is nice - but doesn't make up for cyclone or roots. Purely defensive - no overall survivability buff. The change to move feral charge was a mistake given that other classes now have multiple ways to outlive us. And damage output is nuts.

Here's a good example of a log scale - At 70, resil of 330 made you a LOT more capable. At 80 (or an increase of 12.5%) resil of 800 is practically required. Early season 5 had almost no healers - and even now, Druids are practically non-existent.

Blizzard may be listening, though. This seems to be a give you something take something else away kind of tune instead of adjustments with a jackhammer and a ten pound sledge.

But there are going to have to be a lot more changes to Druids than this if they are going to be competitive. At some point they need to start thinking in less gross terms and in more detail - the mana nerf and then changing up trees is the kind of global synergistic change that is hard to predict the outcome of.

Here's the deal - if you want to "change" something that depends on a carefully stacked tower of building blocks (talent trees and spells), it is usually unwise to just start yanking. The overreaction to Druids in 2s and 3s made such sweeping changes that now they are virtually unrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipponater
    Resto has never really been good for 5s, prob won't be.
    Yeah, euro comp was terrible...
    If you're havin' damage problems I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but a crit aint one.

Hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv

Druids are the ace of all trades you dont like using mana go feral best burst in the game..
    Ferals are getting nerfed. Also all i can see is that with the increased mana regen from intensity we will have more mp5 while casting than before.. While not casting the regen goes down from what it was but in many cases if u are not casting its because u are out of combat..

drink? regen is not going down.. and lifebloom wont be rolled unless under heeavy fire

The biggest benefit to trees is that they are made of highly flammable wood. Blizzard neglected to include this in their form statistics and resto druids should be happy for this buff.

All the mana regen in the world won't help you when you're stunned, silenced, feared (these are all very useful PvP skills, remember that?), or the teammates with the offensive capabilities are dead because most of your heals actually have to tick a few times to mean much. I'm not trying to imply that druids are inferior healers in PvP, but arenas tend to be very one-sided; either you kill the other guy faster than they can kill you or get a big heal off or you may as well just stand around and let them kill you.

In a 30 minute battle, sure, the lowered mp5 is going to hurt you, but it'll hurt all other casters who rely on spirit-based regen just as much.

The spirit nerf was probably intended to be a PvE nerf anyway.
    100 Rage Execute Spam. Enough Said.
    BRING THOSE DAYS BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by MooReturns
    Ferals are getting nerfed. Also all i can see is that with the increased mana regen from intensity we will have more mp5 while casting than before.. While not casting the regen goes down from what it was but in many cases if u are not casting its because u are out of combat..

drink? regen is not going down.. and lifebloom wont be rolled unless under heeavy fire
    Casting regen stays almost exactly the same with the intensity change. If they didnt change intensity to offset the spirit regen change, druids would lose a huge chunk of regen and would then have no form of reliable regen. The intensity "buff" is not a buff at all.