Thread: Ret enchants

Ret enchants

With the changes to haste and how it will affect SoB/SotM as well as the higher priority being placed on hit rating, will our desired enchant list be changing??

Will we be switching from 22 Agi on cloak to 23 Haste?
    If we're shy of hit cap, will Icewalker become the desired boot enchant over 32 AP?

Feel free to flame if this has already been covered on EJ forums. I can't stand sifting through 135 pages of ret pally forums for a quick question or two.

Edit: just saw that my haste cloak question was already asked on these forums.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Re: Ret enchants

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    If we're shy of hit cap, will Icewalker become the desired boot enchant over 32 AP?
    Hasn't icewalker always been the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Iradain
    Hasn't icewalker always been the best?
    Not if you're way over hitcap. The safest best is to enchant to meet your own needs. Are you Alliance or Horde? Do you raid 10-mans or 25-mans or both? If you do, is there always a shadow-priest or Moonkin with you? Or are you more of a PvP'er? Answer these first, as there is seldom a right or agreed-upon answer when asking a question like yours.
    WTF folder, indeed.

This question is being asked from a Blood Elf PvE standpoint. I believe that I have somewhere around 235 hit rating. Considering the Exorcism factor and that its a spell that requires additional hit rating, and that I am already a bit below hit cap, wouldn't this push Icewalker above 32AP?? Just lookin for a lil insight from the congregation.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I wouldn't bother going for the spell hit cap. We don't now, and pretty much already use exorcism in 75%+ of all raid content, so nothing much is changing in that regard. Just make sure you have 8% hit and you're golden.