Leveling a warrior again

hey.
    since i miss playing a warrior now and then i decided to lvl one again. But i cant really find any good lvling specs so thought i could get some help here. i had a furry war in TBC which i raided with so i know the class. But lots have happened since i played so im not up to date with it.
    Can someone maybe show me a good spec for lvling?

thx in advance

Re: Leveling a warrior again

Fury is your spec of choice once again.

Until level 30 all specs are the same, very boring and annoying.

I encourage you to try Protection leveling, protection damage has been increased a lot in comparison to, say patch 2.4 or something. You might do a little less damage than a Fury Warrior but you certainly are not going to die because you get attacked by 2-3 mobs and that was what I hated when I leveled my Warrior as Fury, back in the day.

At level 50 you'll get http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57499. Which makes so much fun. The ability to charge around (and intercept next patch too) is so much mobility.

I have a lvl 44 warrior and lvl as prot, I like it

untill 46 i was fury... doing very little dmg and regenerating badly

than when i hit 46 i equipped tank gear and specced  something like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LArczf0t0brM0b

whenever i dodged/parried/blocked i got to revenge for 5 seconds nonstop (due to 1.5s gcd about 3 revenges in a row)

along with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43424 makes sick stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

i think i want a 2H build, but i might also look into that prot thing. i tried it back in the days, and i got absolutely nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Touarex
    i think i want a 2H build, but i might also look into that prot thing. i tried it back in the days, and i got absolutely nowhere
    I just respecced my second warrior (starting a new one on a PvP server) Prot and I'm having a blast.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

It really depends on your personal preference. I leveled arms for vanilla and both expansions and I enjoyed it. You definitely won't have the survivability of prot, but there is something inherently fun about smashing things with a big 2-hander. I wouldn't spec fury for leveling at all but if you really want to I would wait until you can get titans grip.

Is there any time when prot damage feels too low to get mobs down?

Im thinking about respeccing my alt warrior (19) into it for survability when solo leveling

So far ive been putting points in fury, but my damage output and survivability has been highest so far with revenge in def stance when engaging several mobs while taking less damage. Coupled with the revenge glyph could be good fun.

Are those that are leveling prot early on dwing or using a shield as standard?

there is no doubt when i hit 60, im gonna go fury and DW 2 high warlords battle axes.

in the meantime, what would a prot lvling spec look like?

Try prot leveling, its actually fun now.

If you want a cookie cutter build check out the faqs and stickies, I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's a leveling spec after all. I'd get armored to the teeth and crit from the fury tree and then rest in prot.

Fury is fun but tends to have long cooldown, as least in the old days...

ye i chose armored to the teeth allready, thanks for the help in here

Juggur

I leveled to 60 as fury, got 1/2 way to 70 taking far too much damage from mobs and not putting nearly enough out (even with 2 2Hs) I specced prot and never looked back. Damage output is probably 3/4 of what fury is, but you avoid taking 5x the damage. It's so much more efficient I can't even explain it to you. You do incredible damage, and take next to nothing in return. If you're on a PvP server, if you can't kill someone who's trying to gank you (which most of the time you can, as well as the 6 mobs that were on you to begin with), they'll just run away out of boredom trying to kill you. I can see it being tough before you get shield slam, but after that, and added with Devastate, Prot is by far the best leveling spec possible.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm also leveling a new Warrior, this one I am lvling as arms with the heirloom sword and shield. I gather up mobs, rend each one, sweeping strikes, and overpower crit them all. The build works really well.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Respecced prot last night, and got a couple levels.. I could survive much longer and against more mobs, and the revenge/heroic strike with the revenge glyph is great. Incite talent is really nice.

TC/revenge/HS crits brought mobs down real quick without taking hardly any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    I'm also leveling a new Warrior, this one I am lvling as arms with the heirloom sword and shield.
    Shield? where? or do u mean shoulders?

15+ Year Old Account

I leveled my Pali Prot and it just seemd like a drag, while not slow and you could survive elites I'm not sure I want to do the same on a new warrior I rolled on another server. Is Prot the way to go for speed? Was looking at Arms to be like a Ret Pali w/ 2h weapons. But figured DW 2h weapons later as fury would be fun too. Its seems like the general theory here is to go Prot though. ???

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn
    Shield? where? or do u mean shoulders?
    I mean I'm using heirloom sword and a normal shield.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    I mean I'm using heirloom sword and a normal shield.
    ah gotcha, i went scouring for a heirloom shield after your comment lol
    I grabbed the stone keeper oh to add to my hierloom shoulders and mainhand.

Ive leveled up to 28 now, and its been pretty fun. I seem to dodge/parry quite a bit so revenge/HS with revenge glyph is in constant use against multiple mobs.(ive gained 5% more dodge through the points).

Ive enjoyed having the ability to throw on my shield and shield block and last stand when ive accidentally pulled too many mobs or get others from runners. There are times that ive just thrown on the shield and charged into a group and can down them easier/quicker than picking one off at time

For me, survivability for encounters seems key to warriors leveling since they have no heals...First Aid is really key too

Arms powah 8)