Which JC ring/neck for bear druid?

Hello, I have a simple question. Titanium Impact or Earthguard ring/neck for tank bear, considering the changes in 3.1? I'm planning to dual feral spec ie. tank and dps.

Re: Which JC ring/neck for bear druid?

....Then get both?

160 views and no answers. ???

Let me rephrase the question then: since all our tanking gear is sta-agi-ap already, wouldnt it be logical to use the one with said stats over ring/neck that has defense rating and no agility, considering defense rating is inferior to bear druids as far as I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachdanan
    160 views and no answers. ???

Let me rephrase the question then: since all our tanking gear is sta-agi-ap already, wouldnt it be logical to use the one with said stats over ring/neck that has defense rating and no agility, considering defense rating is inferior to bear druids as far as I know?

Defense rating is indeed inferior, but that doesn't mean we have to pick dps necklaces over it.
    Currently Defense rating gives Dodge and chance to be missed for bear, we don't get chance to be missed from our talents like our crit immunity.

Generally you want to go for necklaces like Milatary Chained Gorget for tanking (with stam, def, dodge and hit).

I would say, neither of the 2 items isn't really good for bears, rings like Keystone Great Ring are better imo, because of the higher dodge rating, higher stamina overal and hit rating.

He wants to know which JC item to use, not what the BiS is.

Honestly, I would go with the Earthguard stuff. There is a big stam difference and you'll get some AP out of the strength (you won't get any AP out of the agility, only crit). If you don't have the ring from H DTK then go grab that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    He wants to know which JC item to use, not what the BiS is.

Honestly, I would go with the Earthguard stuff. There is a big stam difference and you'll get some AP out of the strength (you won't get any AP out of the agility, only crit). If you don't have the ring from H DTK then go grab that one too.
    And I said/meant to say 'neither of them', also i said 'like Heritage/gatekeeper'(that means with the same itemsation, that includes the Emblem of Heroism(necklace) one and the ring from DTK.

Next time pay more attention to some little words

there's gear out there beside BiS which is good for a druid to tank with. he's either a JC and wants to make something, or he has money and doesn't want to farm naxx for these items.

I've never seen Gatekeeper, Heritage, or Boundless Ambition drop in 5 months of running 25 man naxx. This is why I still have my Titanium impact ring. The ring is decent until you get your BiS upgrade. The same goes for the neck.

I'm glad you've found a new forum to post on. If you're looking to establish yourself by arguing with a regular poster then pick someone else.

there's gear out there beside BiS which is good for a druid to tank with. he's either a JC and wants to make something, or he has money and doesn't want to farm naxx for these items.

I've never seen Gatekeeper, Heritage, or Boundless Ambition drop in 5 months of running 25 man naxx. This is why I still have my Titanium impact ring. The ring is decent until you get your BiS upgrade. The same goes for the neck.

I'm glad you've found a new forum to post on. If you're looking to establish yourself by arguing with a regular poster then pick someone else.
    And again you misunderstood the post completly, i said items LIKE the items i linked, which means Items with about the same stats (but less).

So instead of letting this 'Regular-poster-ego'(or is it just that you can't stand the items being linked?) talk for you, read what I actually post instead jumping on conclusion, but sure, if it makes you happy i'll chance to items with items with same itemsation, but Ilvl 200. I hope that makes you happy ....

And really, by saying 'look i'm a regular poster and you are a newb' doesn't mean you can ignore some parts of my post.

Yes, my druid is only 74 at the moment and i have a high level JC. I guess what i thought was that since agi still gives dodge and armor and the stamina difference is not that big, if I could get on with 1 set until i get something better from heroics/naxx etc.

I had both the earthguard and the impact items for my bear when I first started out. The earthguard items were useful in places where I needed additional mitigation and health while the impact items were useful when I needed or wanted additional threat.

If you only tank heroics or act as an offtank for existing raid encounters, you can use the impact items for the additional threat available on these items. The additional mitigation isn't likely to be a huge issue for you.