Thread: Paladin RP.

Etonlor

Paladin RP.

If you are into the RP thing, post some RP about your paladin! It can be fun if you are creative.

[reserved for my RP]

Re: Paladin RP.

I did alot of RP back in 3.0 TBC days....

RP is short for rape, right?

15+ Year Old Account

Me and my pal Nappa was chillin' in Icecrown one day when some Be pally starts yelling.. Nappas like "yo he's ret go inspect him i wanna see his attack power".
    [Me]: Oh man..
    [nappa]: What's his AP?
    [Me]:...
    [Nappa] well!?
    [Me]: It's..

Too be continued.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

All my RP is on my Wowwiki page (link in my signature)

C
    x

Caelic sounds really interesting. I wish I had rolled on an RP realm, but now I'm stack on lagrock and I'm too poor to transfer.

One thing that I've observed from reading Paladin RP is that many people observe the class as an all-encompassing lifestyle with very little difference from one paladin to the next. Those who don't (and focus on the character as a human being), I appreciate and praise.

I'm still creating the backstory for Az. When I get some written, I'll post it or link it or something.

Etonlor

I am honestly not interested in doing an RP for my Paladin. Seeing that he is Draenei, he will most likely end up with the same back story as every other Draenei. However, I am interested in doing and RP background for my Undead DK. His story dates back all the way back before the orc clans even came to Azeroth.

It all started back in that school house in the town of Sunnyglade. That town that is known for its wealth was not too far away from Goldshire, which was/is ever so close to Stormwind.

"Mokairum, wake up dear. Lest you be late to teach the children in the school house this morn."...

Quote Originally Posted by Àzäzel
    Caelic sounds really interesting. I wish I had rolled on an RP realm, but now I'm stack on lagrock and I'm too poor to transfer.

One thing that I've observed from reading Paladin RP is that many people observe the class as an all-encompassing lifestyle with very little difference from one paladin to the next. Those who don't (and focus on the character as a human being), I appreciate and praise.

I'm still creating the backstory for Az. When I get some written, I'll post it or link it or something.
    Seeing as how being a paladin IS an all-encompassing lifestyle, I don't see the problem. Generally it's easy to incorporate both into the character's story.

My paladin, Kilgannon (Joseph Kilgannon), was born on the field of battle some time during the 2nd War. His father was a soldier and his mother was a medic. There was a lot of movement from camp to camp. After his father was relieved of his duty, he took his family to Stratholme, the Jewel of Lordaeron. A High Elven swordsman taught Joseph how to properly wield a blade and discovered that the young man had a sort of affinity with the Light...Albeit, a very uncontrolled and undisciplined affinity. He mentioned this to the Clerics, whom asked to see the boy. As delighted as they were with his unrefined skill, his warlike behavior and aggression was not suited to the job of Cleric. His mother did not want to see him become a soldier, but Joseph's father (Knowing that a paladin from a family of less than devout humans was rare.) stepped in to sign the boy's papers for him.

He was to go to Stormwind in several weeks by this time, for training at Northshire Abbey. In one fell swoop, however, his entire course of action is altered. Stratholme is attacked by Prince Arthas of the Menethil line. Although he picks up a nearby sword and shield with every intent of killing Arthas, something overrides his anger and tells him that there will be a better time and place for it; he tells himself he's not ready yet. Instead, he grabs his family and makes his way towards Lordaeron's capital. Fearing that Arthas no longer cares for his kingdom, Joseph takes his family to Stormwind with him while he begins his training.

Since that point in time, Joseph has become well-known amongst his peers and allies. He's the first to rush into battle and the last one to leave. His duty as a protector is on-going and earned him the nickname of 'The Bulwark' during the battle for Quel'danas. He usually does not reside in his tiny room at Stormwind Cathedral, instead preferring to camp on dangerous terrain, sacrificing warmth and comfort so that he is ready for anything the Lich King is willing to throw at him.

He currently makes camp at the Argent Vanguard in Icecrown. Although he didn't expect it before, Joseph was almost drawn inexplicably to Northrend by some otherworldly force...He can feel it in his bones; the day is coming when Arthas will have to answer for the things that he has done and this time will not be like Stratholme.

(I don't play him as revenge-centric. He's cool, calm, collected and -very- honorable. Joseph will rush headlong into dangerous situations, regardless of whether or not he has the upper hand because he feels as though the Light will watch over him...Either that or his teammates will. As he gets closer and closer to his goal of his archenemy, Arthas, he's started to become a little muddled and frustrated, as in spite of all he's done, the doors to Icecrown remain closed and no one seems to be eager to tear them down. He also feels that this frustration and bad juju is emanating from the Storm Peaks...In ancient Ulduar. Already he's created a group of his closest allies to follow him into the Titans' Vault.)

My ret paladins RP is its name only. My main is grakos, so my ret paladin is named supergrakos, since its me, but as a girl BE. thus, its super.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

Etonlor

Quote Originally Posted by gentlecasca
    My paladin, Kilgannon (Joseph Kilgannon), was born on the field of battle some time during the 2nd War.
    If he was born sometime in the second war, then he must be very old indeed. If you think about it, the time that spans between the opening of the dark portal and now is about 80 or less years.

Etonlor

Quote Originally Posted by Thermiel
    You are aware of that ~21 years have passed since the second war?

6 (PC Game) Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness
    8 (PC Game) Warcraft 2X: Beyond the Dark Portal
    10 (Novel) Day of the Dragon (Richard A. Knaak)
    18 (Novel) Lord of the Clans (Christie Golden)
    19 (Novel) Of Blood and Honor (Chris Metzen)
    20 (PC Game) Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos
    21 (PC Game) Warcraft 3X: The Frozen Throne
    23 (Manga) The Sunwell Trilogy:
    - The Sunwell Trilogy: Dragon Hunt (Richard A. Knaak & Jae-Hwan Kim)
    - The Sunwell Trilogy: Shadows of Ice (Richard A. Knaak & Jae-Hwan Kim)
    - The Sunwell Trilogy: Ghostlands (Richard A. Knaak & Jae-Hwan Kim)
    24 (Novel) Cycle of Hatred (Keith R. A. DeCandido)
    25 (PC Game) World of Warcraft Begins
    26 (PC Game) World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    27 (PC Game)World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    Quoted from the Official loretimeline http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/story/timeline.html (the numbers are years since the first war aka Warcraft: Orcs and Humans

(Yes I created an account just to say this.)
    That is not entirely accurate as there is actually a 5 year span between WC3TFT and WoWWotLK.
    We must also take into consideration the WoW comic series and the Ashbringer Series. Though not finished, they both hold a substantial timeline of their own.

Also, you must take character ages in consideration. Uther for example is only in his mid 20's in WC2. When WC3 rolled around, he then was noticed as age 64 [Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos Game Manual, pg 149]. There is much more than just 27 years in between WCOaH and WoWWotLK.

Well since i based my character name of an alts character's Succubus. I am guessing my last paladin job was something more sinister... Before she saw the light!

Quote Originally Posted by Àzäzel
    I wish I had rolled on an RP realm
    No, you really really really don't.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Etonlor

Quote Originally Posted by Thermiel
    You are just taking things for granted... That Uther was in his mid 20's in WC2.

The ashbringer comics = after WC3 and some events in WoW (onyxia-event etc) It's not another timeline...

The official timeline says 27 years have passed, then so it is end of discussion.
    I have seen no other source saying something else.
    WoWWiki is your friend.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Uther_the_Lightbringer.jpg
    pretty young if i must say so.

Also from the WC2 game manual:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(Warcraft_RTS_manuals)

From the DnD Style RPG (equivalent to your time line):
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons_Warcraft_The_Roleplaying_Game)

From the WoW official strat guide (2004 [also equivalent]):
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft_Official_Strategy_Guide)

I'm an old school WC Player. I go by the original lore. Please exuse me when I said a time line of 80 years...I meant that to be the relative age of my DK, my bad. The time line based off original lore seems to span about 30-50 years. but based off the jumbled WoW lore, it's only 27. Uther got and extra 5-10 years added to him out of nowhere or some stuff like that. He missed his 40-55s, so he never got to exp his mid life crisis. poor guy.

RPing is for tools.

LOL jk, but cmon, who has the time to make a story like that on a forum :P
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaduckiee
    RPing is for tools.

LOL jk, but cmon, who has the time to make a story like that on a forum :P
    CTRL + C
    CTRL + V
    These are your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    All my RP is on my Wowwiki page (link in my signature)

C
    x
    I wished i had some nice ideas for my Wowwiki page bu i just dont :/
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

15+ Year Old Account

perfect idea for blood elf paladins is to add very much on being a Blood knight and not a ''holy'' paladin
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    No, you really really really don't.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by gentlecasca
    Seeing as how being a paladin IS an all-encompassing lifestyle, I don't see the problem. Generally it's easy to incorporate both into the character's story.
    Adding some realism to the fantasy nearly ALWAYS makes for better role-playing. Paladins don't wake up in the morning, pray, fight some undead, attend their Vespers and sleep. To me, a Paladin should be a devout warrior... but still a warrior. He fights for his King, the Light, but also for his/her family. Every human has material goals and ambitions, and stories that reject that are awfully boring.