Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.1 blood tank spec 56/5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Dekrepid
    Sudden Doom, 15% chance to launch a FREE death coil at your target. So it doesn't take care of the RP dump.

Also with 3.1 BoS no longer returns RP to us on dodges/parries, so Scent of Blood is going to be a great way to gain the RP needed to RS to your hearts content.
    True, I forgot about rune strike.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't most raid bosses be immune to the improved icy touch attack speed debuff? IMO, I would sacrifice at least one point in improved icy touch or epidemic for DRW. Even after the nerf, DRW is still an amazing talent when used right.

Quote Originally Posted by h079
    Is Will of the Necropolis really worth the 3 points?! That 15 sec cooldown just really kills it for me.
    I'm sitting here with the same feeling. It seems VERY underwhealming.

Just compare to a grossly OP prot paladin talent.
    Ardent Defender - When you have less than 35% health, all damage taken is reduced by 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by XeRam
    I'm sitting here with the same feeling. It seems VERY underwhealming.

Just compare to a grossly OP prot paladin talent.
    Ardent Defender - When you have less than 35% health, all damage taken is reduced by 30%.
    Well think of it this way: If you're below 35% health more often than 15 seconds apart, then your healers suck. You're not going to need this talent often, but when you do, you'll be glad you have it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't most raid bosses be immune to the improved icy touch attack speed debuff? IMO, I would sacrifice at least one point in improved icy touch or epidemic for DRW. Even after the nerf, DRW is still an amazing talent when used right.
    Bosses aren't immune to it, rather they're tuned on the assumption that you have it, as all tanks can provide that debuff.

WotN is powerful, in fact it was going to be overpowered on any hard hitting boss. It would be safe to assume that any big hit is going to be >65% of your health, in which case WotN could just have been renamed "reduces the damage you take by 15%". By comparison, the paladin one can be leapfrogged. If you're sitting at anything below 50% health, you're probably going to be one-shotted on the next swing and AD would have no effect; if you're sitting below 35% health when the next swing comes, AD still isn't going to keep you alive.

I'd say the new WotN is balanced, and argent defender is underpowered for MTing.

So now in 3.1, A rotation for typical tanking blood spec would be..?

i will use this build:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9757
    i take everything to get more threat. because of the change of blade barrier. less parry, less chance for rs, less aggro...
    i only use 2 points in sudden doom. but 4 points in necrosis. i tested it on the testserver. in some testes i got more dc´s with 2 points in sudden doom, than with 3 points in it. there isn´t a really great difference. so, the 4 points in necrosis will make more damage and more threat.

this is a max threat build. let´s see how many threat is needed. if i will get enought agrro, perhaps i will skill like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9757
    this is for extra healing and for long survive.

but in the end, i will see what is coming with 3.1.