Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Prot Paladin the new superior healer in 2v2?

what's up folks, I play a mage on a Rogue/Mage team and Prot Pallies are definitely whores. We just got up to about 1630 last night and Prot pally/warrior has given us some problems. There was a game where we got the kill on the warrior and as my rogue went for a stealth he got tagged with a 6k avenger shield so I am left dueling a prolly pally... after about 5 minutes of kiting+nuking+sheeping he finally finished me (at one point i was about to kill him and the frostbolt on my shatter combo MISSED! mind you i've got like 7.8% hit which way over the PVP cap and 75 spell pen).

The spec is really hard to deal with. I don't think it would be so bad if we knew the pally was prot going into it and could focus him from the start because they are really a liability to control. If you dont overlap the CC then they can silence you're cast and then you're screwed. Seems like something blizz will nurf just because it's not really what they intended... I guess we'll see.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Nice to hear someone else perspective with this comp. In terms of blizzard nurfing this, I dont know I guess we'll wait and see. I've been saying this for months: The reason you saw hybrid healers in 2's last season and prot healers in this season (there are still some hybrids too) is because Blizz has no idea how to build the holy tree effectively for prot. it's just not a pvp tree, it's a pve tree.
    Prot is the new pvp healer tree.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH seriously .. no. I mean come on really?

Quote Originally Posted by Dulba
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAH seriously .. no. I mean come on really?
    Yeah, seriously.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2...2709202115.jpg

that was without wings.

I had an 11k flash of light earlier, dont have an SS though.
    It's a very fun spec.

Been messing around as a prot healer and found this thread. So far I love this spec and learned a couple things from this thread.

Wanna been a real pain though? Go pickup the old level 60 honor gear and get the 3 piece bonus for another 10 second off your HoJ cd. 6second stun with 10sec cooldown! Don't bother doing this for real arena games because of the massive stat loss, but it is fun to stun 1 person and about the time that wears off you can stun the other

btw:14k fol crit on feral kitty

I have been using this spec (19-52-0) for about 1/2 the past week in arena, we got to the low 1600s before we had to stop doing arena (work schedule real life stuff blah blah). What I want to know, is how is your avengers shield hitting so hard? At the moment, I'm sitting on 21k unbuffed HP (23.3k with kings) 600 res 2146 spell power and I can only pump an avengers shield for about 4k tops WITH wings. BTW. . . using the heroic badge reward shield. I do 7.7k flash of lights on myself, when my trinket procs ("Now is the Time") they get up to about 9.8k. All in all, great spec, never would have imagined it to be as effective as it has been, but the lack of instant heals has caused the loss of a few games.

Well you're glyphed for avengers shield right? If not don't expect numbers this big. I also roll with a dk and a warrior, so their attack power buffs really boost the damage.
    if i had popped wings that shield would've come close to breaking 10k. It's coming....and I can't wait. I'm going to photo shop that into a wallpaper when it happens.

I played with a pally with this weird holy/prot spec and he was doing 22k heals on me, would never go oom and was REALLY hard to take down. IMO it is a viable spec
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

22k holy lights are the low end of the spectrum. My highest was 29.5k. Highest FoL was 11k. Highest avengers shield was just over 8k.
    I really hope blizzard doesn't touch this spec, I don't know why they would, they've got Priest/Rogue taking 46% of the top two's teams right now it seems like they should focus on fixing that first.

blblb

i have been reading all the comments on this thread
    and i am curios to try this spec in arena since it got
    good feedback from ppl who tryed it.
    i have been looking through the diffrent specs
    posted here and not sure which to go with.
    Anyone who has done well in arena use prot could link their
    spec pls?
    also whats the best glyphs to with the spec?

Quote Originally Posted by blblb
    i have been reading all the comments on this thread
    and i am curios to try this spec in arena since it got
    good feedback from ppl who tryed it.
    i have been looking through the diffrent specs
    posted here and not sure which to go with.
    Anyone who has done well in arena use prot could link their
    spec pls?
    also whats the best glyphs to with the spec?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9835

All the minor glyphs are complete trash, but that's what you should be speccing.

blblb

Quote Originally Posted by defdef
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9835

All the minor glyphs are complete trash, but that's what you should be speccing.
    thanks for fast responce.
    I will give it a try and see how it works for me

I hadn't posted an SS of my 11k FoL, so here it is:
    http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2...2809174245.jpg

Pushed to 1737 last night, maintained a 2-1 win ratio all evening. (Rating is only that low because one night at 3am my arms buddy and me decided to tank our record by running arms/ret. Bad idea.)

Hoping to report in from 2k sometime next week. I think I'd hit it easily this week if my freaking team mates werent IRL busy all week.

Also for lol's:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1458/...2409181338.jpg

Ya... prot specced pally healers are by FAR the most superior healer in 2s right now. I played one that had gotten up to 2550 MMR, and everytime we played them after they were even higher. We would get string of wins then see these guys and lose again. Healers critting for 8k DAMAGE with an INSTANT ability is redicolous.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Ya... prot specced pally healers are by FAR the most superior healer in 2s right now. I played one that had gotten up to 2550 MMR, and everytime we played them after they were even higher. We would get string of wins then see these guys and lose again. Healers critting for 8k DAMAGE with an INSTANT ability is redicolous.
    To be fair, this spec could've been totally avoided if blizzard would've taken my advice and made holy worth a damn. As it is the tree is pure shit. If you want to blame anyone, blame blizzard.
    =)

To be fair, this spec could've been totally avoided if blizzard would've taken my advice and made holy worth a damn. As it is the tree is pure shit. If you want to blame anyone, blame blizzard.
    =)
    I wasnt blaming anyone else
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account

This spec is truely amazing for survivabilty, and the 30.7k holy lights and 11k flash of lights are just a added bonus ^^, clipped a rogue as he stealthed away with a 8k avenging sheild earlier .

Quote Originally Posted by Abominator
    This spec is truely amazing for survivabilty, and the 30.7k holy lights and 11k flash of lights are just a added bonus ^^, clipped a rogue as he stealthed away with a 8k avenging sheild earlier .
    Yeah I've landed quite a few killing blows with HoJ->Shield of Righteousness->Avengers shield->Hammer of Wrath combos.
    Hit 1810 last night and am maintaining close to a 2-1 win ratio with recent games, plan on hitting 2k this weekend.

I must say I had my doubts about this one when I heard about it but now I am a believer :P
    I do 2s with a DK and we did an impressive score the other day at 1800 MMR after I changed my gay 32/0/39 spec.
    Even though some times I dont have the time to cast, the lack of instant heals is not that bad with all the damage mitigation and control.

I hadn't posted an SS of my 11k FoL, so here it is:
    http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2...2809174245.jpg

Pushed to 1737 last night, maintained a 2-1 win ratio all evening. (Rating is only that low because one night at 3am my arms buddy and me decided to tank our record by running arms/ret. Bad idea.)

Hoping to report in from 2k sometime next week. I think I'd hit it easily this week if my freaking team mates werent IRL busy all week.

Also for lol's:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1458/...2409181338.jpg
    High Caliber! Arterian is in you guild!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.