Hunter and Ele shaman 3.1

I am going to do 2v2 with my hunter irl friend when 3.1 hits I am a elemental shaman Here are some questions that I would love to be answered all help is welcomed ty

1) What speec should he play?
    2) What rating should we hope to achive with this combo ?
    3) Some per class tips if you guys know with this combo ?
    4) Any guides to Shaman or Hunter PvP because we are pretty new to this stuff both got ~600 resilience atm.

/regards Holia

Re: Hunter and Ele shaman 3.1

the biggest mistake most pvp shamans make is not use their totems often much. keep an eye on your grounding, earthbind, fire nova totem CDs and quickly use the appropriate totem for the situation . add stoneclaw totem to the list too when 3.1 hits. alot of shamans dont even bother putting their totems down because they think the totems will just be stomped by a pet macro anyways. you just have to be quick and smart about their placement. Ive seen a well placed AoE stunning fire nova totem secure the win for games i thought for sure would be a loss.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tsujigiri_30
    alot of shamans dont even bother putting their totems down because they think the totems will just be stomped by a pet macro anyways. you just have to be quick and smart about their placement. Ive seen a well placed AoE stunning fire nova totem secure the win for games i thought for sure would be a loss.
    word to this
    personally this season iv totally sucked ass at arena i havent tried i havent wanted to try.
    i played the first week then said fuck this balls im out of here.

But on the rare occasion i do play arena proper totem use is just the key to victoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

earthbind totem + their lovely new roots is going to be orgasmic.
    i have had alot of fun on the PTR with it and i cant wait till it goes live so i can smash up the battlegrounds and arena!
    rawr!

also the talk blizz have been saying about totem stomping macros, if they can do something about that

win

any idea how lock/ele shaman would work in 3.1?

I got to 1800'ish with this comp back in Season 3, it was fun but can be hard at higher ratings.

To answer your questions:
    1) What speec should he play?

I would have to say either BM or Survival, when I played this setup my hunter friend was BM spec and it helped out because of the intimidation pet stun, and the increased stats to armor, health etc. (not to mention having Beastial Wrath for timed burst) 

2) What rating should we hope to achive with this combo ?

That depends, we have to see how this coming season pans out, and what comps are going to be the most popular.
    Its definatley 2k + viable as long as you get used to it, and know that you might be a step under the top running comps in S6.

3) Some per class tips if you guys know with this combo ?

For you as the Shaman, making use of your focus target and knowing when to use grounding totem on incoming CC will help a lot. I would say have any healer on focus if you aren't against a 2 dps comp. Try and ground incoming cyclones, fears, sheeps etc.
    Using a focus target is good because most of the time in this setup you will have to have their teams dps target as your main target ( their warrior/ rogue/ melee dps especially, etc.), and their healer as your focus target to know when they are casting CC's on you.

As far as your hunter friend, the most important part that i can't stress enough is to try and keep the aimed shot debuff ( MS ) on the target you are dps'ing. The comp doesnt really use CC to pull of its kills, so having the aimed shot debuff up is crucial.
    Also the more Resil the better, you as the Shaman are going to be the healer of the team if and when needed, so the more resil your hunter can get will go a long way. 
    The longer he can stay alive without you having to heal too much will allow you to do more damage.
    Good kiting skills also goes a long way since you are both somewhat fragile in this setup.

4) Any guides to Shaman or Hunter PvP because we are pretty new to this stuff both got ~600 resilience atm.

Cant think of any offhand, but a basic scenario would go like so:

You are against Resto Druid / Warrior lets say, the basic idea would be to go for a kill on the warrior, starting with Heroism / Bloodlust, folowed by your hunters aimed shot ( along with any trinkets and other damage goodies hes got goin ) and you LB'ing and CL'ing while watching your focus target to make sure you wont be cycloned.
    The druid ( or any healer for that matter ) should be forced to heal the incoming damage on his warrior.
    If you get any target to 50 % or less, i would say hex their healer then use elemental mastery and go for a kill.  ;D

Here is a little video from back in season 3 when this comp was a little more popular:

http://files.filefront.com/Redknife+.../fileinfo.html

^Thats not me in the video, but this is how its done^

In those days aimed shot had a long cast time, and there was no hex for Shamans so i think the comp should be better then it was.

Here is a link to my old Shammy's armory [/url]http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Andorhal&n=Gemstah[/url]

Hope this helps, and Good Luck in Season 6  ;D
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

So I’ve looked around for ideas to find ways to stay alive as an elem shaman, I’ve had little success. The new roots is great, but I still can’t stay alive long enough to do anything in a 2's match. Someone suggested to me a new spec that has really help, it’s a 0/51/20 spec in your elem or resto gear. It sounds stupid, but it basically allows you to stay alive while your teammate does the damage. This is how most of our matches go (from my end): I pop heroism, drop totems, pop FERAL SPIRITS (this provides DPS and stuns while I stay alive, the shamanic rage (this is the key, 30 percent damage reduction. The feral spirits also provide a speed boost, and the spec gives you X amount of stamina increase depending on how u spec, and instant ghost wolf. So basically, you heal and run while your feral spirits, fire nova, flame shock, tick away and cause headaches for the other team. This spec really gives you a leg up, you’re in your spell power gear so your heals are very effective, it works best with a melee teammate; I play with an arms warrior. Being alive is much more that being ROFL stomped every match.

If you cant survive as elemental you are just plain bad...